Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 221 to 240 of 2,855

AuthorMessage

crazyj2312

221. Posted:

I wish the Vita would wait a while before release. Holiday is way too soon in my opinion. I know its essential to get that christmas granny cash, but the 3DS has a lot riding on it for the holiday with Mario and Mario Kart. My grandmother can go on about Mario, but she has no clue who the hell Sack Boy or Nathan Drake are lol

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9345-3153
blog
comic blog

AuthorMessage

TitanBryan

222. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

I will never understand why Nintendo fanboys insist that Sony doesn't have any "games."

Sony publishes almost as many games ITSELF than Nintendo. Let alone the third party exclusives, or the fact that Square Enix is aligned more closely to Sony than the other two.

Sony was responsible for Demon's Souls - the best, bar none, new RPG IP this generation. For the more traditional RPG experience, Sony has White Knight Chronicles - controversial game, but some love it. Sony is responsible for some of the best online MMO experiences of all time - most recently Magic the Gathering Tactics. Sony has thrown money at the FPS genre.

Sony's responsible for putting up the money for one of the most artistic games of all time - Ico (and Shadow of the Colossus while we're at it).Gran Turismo is another investment by Sony and if you're into serious racing simulations you're going to want a PS3. For the casual audience? Sony came up with a little franchise called Buzz.

There's God of War. That's pretty cool, most people agree. And let's not forget the more experimental stuff, like Eye of Judgement: doing AR before Nintendo even thought of it.

And all of that's not including the really obvious ones, like SOCOM, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet.

we can do without the name-calling — TBD

Edit: I just KNOW someone's going to reply and say something like "yeah but all those games sucked" or something. So to preempt that, my response: No one cares about what you personally think is good or not.

But those games are crap!!! NIntendo games are fun who wants to kill someone on a console? This just shows sony is making people vialant!

Edited on by TitanBryan

I know Mario personally as I caught him in a pokeball!
3ds Friend code; 1934 0713 8215
PSN ID: TitanBryan
Follow me on twitter to support Pokemon Hoenn remake!!!!

AuthorMessage

y2josh

223. Posted:

@Bmagwood: Now that they can port violent games over to Wii U a Nintendo system will be violent as well.

Edited on by y2josh

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

Bankai

224. Posted:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

I will never understand why Nintendo fanboys insist that Sony doesn't have any "games."

Sony publishes almost as many games ITSELF than Nintendo. Let alone the third party exclusives, or the fact that Square Enix is aligned more closely to Sony than the other two.

Sony was responsible for Demon's Souls - the best, bar none, new RPG IP this generation. For the more traditional RPG experience, Sony has White Knight Chronicles - controversial game, but some love it. Sony is responsible for some of the best online MMO experiences of all time - most recently Magic the Gathering Tactics. Sony has thrown money at the FPS genre.

Sony's responsible for putting up the money for one of the most artistic games of all time - Ico (and Shadow of the Colossus while we're at it).Gran Turismo is another investment by Sony and if you're into serious racing simulations you're going to want a PS3. For the casual audience? Sony came up with a little franchise called Buzz.

There's God of War. That's pretty cool, most people agree. And let's not forget the more experimental stuff, like Eye of Judgement: doing AR before Nintendo even thought of it.

And all of that's not including the really obvious ones, like SOCOM, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet.

we can do without the name-calling — TBD

Edit: I just KNOW someone's going to reply and say something like "yeah but all those games sucked" or something. So to preempt that, my response: No one cares about what you personally think is good or not.

But those games are crap!!! NIntendo games are fun who wants to kill someone on a console? This just shows sony is making people vialant!

It's a pity The Black Dragon censored me, because my Q.E.D moment doesn't quite have the same impact now.

But really if you think Demon's Souls, God of War and Ico, Buzz and Little Big Planet are crap games then you have terrible taste in games.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

225. Posted:

But really if you think Demon's Souls, God of War and Ico, Buzz and Little Big Planet are crap games then you have terrible taste in games.

LOL at your claim.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Bankai

226. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

LOL at your claim.

This should be good. How are those bad games?

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

227. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

LOL at your claim.

No, no not that. Just the fact someone can't dislike a system or group of games without being false or in some way negative is what I was pointing out. It's their opinion lets just leave as it is for it will not change no matter how butt hurt you get over the internet.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Aviator

228. Posted:

I do not like LittleBigPlanet. Level's were boring and repetitive. Online levels are very bland and not very creative. I was bored out of my brain by the time I finished the millions of tutorials in the level editor. Sure, it's fun with friends, and it is, but why not give me a multiplayer only experience then? I bought this for $40, pre-owned and I still felt ripped off, never touching it again unless I'm carrying it to the store to trade it in.

Buzz, a quiz game. Ingenious. Let's pay for all these extra controller's we will only use for one game, when we could have bought Trivial Pursuit for a fifth of the price, and probably have more fun with it.

Yet, Monster Hunter, amazing game. Great depth, looks great. Portal, funny, great gameplay mechanics and a great story. FFXIII, in-depth battle system, amazing story, yet I don't like LBP or Buzz, so I must have awful taste in games...

Edited on by Aviator

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Bankai

229. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

LOL at your claim.

No, no not that. Just the fact someone can't dislike a system or group of games without being false or in some way negative is what I was pointing out. It's their opinion lets just leave as it is for it will not change no matter how butt hurt you get over the internet.

People hide behind that "it's my opinion" thing too much. Having an opinion doesn't automatically entitle you to be correct. Claiming a list of some of the best games across casual and hardcore in the last decade are crap is not an opinion. It's being childish.

Consider the difference: "I'm not a fan of Super Mario Galaxy, but I can understand why it's so well loved."

"Super Mario Galaxy is crap."

The former is an opinion. The latter is a childish troll.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

230. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

I do not like LittleBigPlanet. Level's were boring and repetitive. Online levels are very bland and not very creative. I was bored out of my brain by the time I finished the millions of tutorials in the level editor. Sure, it's fun with friends, and it is, but why not give me a multiplayer only experience then? I bought this for $40, pre-owned and I still felt ripped off, never touching it again unless I'm carrying it to the store to trade it in.

And the rest? Not everyone is going to like every game in any given list of games. That's besides the point - and you know that full well :P

AuthorMessage

Aviator

231. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Consider the difference: "I'm not a fan of Super Mario Galaxy, but I can understand why it's so well loved."

"Super Mario Galaxy is crap."

The former is an opinion. The latter is a childish troll.

The former, an opinion of someone who hasn't played the game, nor who wants to play the game as they are not intrested nor appealed to the concept.
The latter, someone who has played the game and disliked it for various reasons. Yes there is a difference. Doesn't mean someone is a troll.

WaltzElf wrote:

And the rest? Not everyone is going to like every game in any given list of games. That's besides the point - and you know that full well :P

Have not played them, nor do I want to.

Edited on by Aviator

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

232. Posted:

People hide behind the United States being a free country a lot as well, but can you really take that away from them? Can you really say "No you can't be free because I'm sick of you saying that"? Now that's childish. Your getting butt hurt because no one wants to agree with you and you stand alone as a one man army.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

233. Posted:

Navi, just consider this conversation in context for a second <_< I merely listed a bunch of games Sony itself published or developed. Not the best games of all time.

People hide behind the United States being a free country a lot as well, but can you really take that away from them? Can you really say "No you can't be free because I'm sick of you saying that"? Now that's childish. Your getting butt hurt because no one wants to agree with you and you stand alone as a one man army.

A lot of people in the United States (and anywhere else in the world) are stupid, too. That doesn't magically make their opinions equal. "Opinion" isn't a magic word that gives you the right to be taken seriously.

I'm fairly confident I'm not the only person who thinks that Sony has published or developed some good games.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

Aviator

234. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

235. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

A lot of people in the United States are stupid, too.

I'm fairly confident I'm not the only person who thinks that Sony has published or developed some good games.

I'm fairly confident you didn't mean that first part. But you are the only one being childish here. Grow up mate. ;)

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

236. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

And the rest of them? If you can give me a genuine reason that each and every game that Sony has published is a crap game (and note, not just a game you're not interested in, but a crap game), then you've proven me wrong. Until then, my point stands. Nintendo isn't the only one that publishes and develops good games.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

237. Posted:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

And I'm guessing from this post that Nintendo games are making people illiterate.

And no one says you need to agree with those games being good/fun....but seriously--not crap. I hate Demon's Souls with a passion but I'd be a moron to call it a crap game. Same with Ocarina of Time--it puts me to sleep, but I will never claim it's a crap game.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

Aviator

238. Posted:

Or I could not bother, play the game's I enjoy, and not care about your thoughts that Sony are Gods.

When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

239. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Or I could not bother, play the game's I enjoy, and not care about your thoughts that Sony are Gods.

Couldn't agree more.

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

240. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

I never said Sony are Gods? You play the games you enjoy. I wasn't ever arguing with you in the first place FFS.

My problem is with people that limit themselves to some kind of blind faith in one console or one company. Nintendo isn't the only one capable of producing good games (or consoles) - any more than Capcom, Sony, Square Enix, Microsoft or anyone else. To dismiss an entire range of games because they come from Sony is just silly.

I'm going to assume you knew all this already Navi and just decided to debate for the sake of it, because I know full well that we think the same way here.