Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,161 to 2,180 of 2,855

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,161. Posted:

It runs at a continuous 60 fps. Personally, I haven't noticed any flaws at all... game looks, sounds and plays perfect as far as I am concerned... :p But hey, one's free to disagree...

Why Rayman Origins is even better on Vita

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,162. Posted:

Rayman Origins would be a PERFECT portable game, but the 3DS version is awful. Honestly, this just sells me on a Vita.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Oren

2,163. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Rayman Origins would be a PERFECT portable game, but the 3DS version is awful. Honestly, this just sells me on a Vita.

It's just as smooth as the ps3 version and because of the smaller HD screen it really pops. I've found myself just stopping and staring at things on the screen for a while. It's that gorgeous. If you are PS+ member then it's free this month too.

In fact, I may just skip Legends on consoles entirely and get it on Vita. Think I read that the Vita version is getting exclusive content. The Wii U version tempts me as well though.

Edited on by Oren

3DS Friend Code: 4038-7217-0178
Currently playing: A Link Between Worlds, Bravely Default
Super Mario 3D World, Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Borderlands 2

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,164. Posted:

Chunky-Kong wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

It's just as smooth as the ps3 version and because of the smaller HD screen it really pops. I've found myself just stopping and staring at things on the screen for a while. It's that gorgeous. If you are PS+ member then it's free this month too.

In fact, I may just skip Legends on consoles entirely and get it on Vita. Think I read that the Vita version is getting exclusive content. The Wii U version tempts me as well though.

Won't be a PS+ member until December at the very soonest. So, how do these free games work? Is there a set list of free games you get each month, regardless of when you join, or do you miss out forever on the opportunity to get the free game if you aren't a member at the time?

AuthorMessage

Oren

2,165. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Chunky-Kong wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Won't be a PS+ member until December at the very soonest. So, how do these free games work? Is there a set list of free games you get each month, regardless of when you join, or do you miss out forever on the opportunity to get the free game if you aren't a member at the time?

Yeah pretty much what you said. They add 2-3 games a month (on both ps3 and vita) and remove 2-3. If you don't download the game in the time before its removed you miss it. Most games are on for a good 2 months or so though. If you have downloaded it you can play it even after the game is taken off the instant game collection. You can even delete it and re-download at a later date if you want as PSN acts as though you have purchased the game.

It's a great service for £40 a year. I've played so many games through it and I've only been signed up for 3 months. I've actually bought 1 Vita game and I have 5 on my system at the minute.

Edited on by Oren

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,166. Posted:

I dunno if either Rayman Origins or WipEout 2048 is may favorite purchase of the month... WipEout 2048 literally made my jaw drop...

Here are some actual in-game screens...
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,167. Posted:

Wipeout is stunning looking on Vita. My only problem, based on what I played in a store's demo station, is that the loading times are a bit... excessive.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,168. Posted:

RIP Studio Liverpool

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

2,169. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

I strongly dislike Rayman Origins. There are a lot of flaws in the game that absolutely infuriated me while playing it.

Such as?

How is the frame-rate in the Vita version compared to the home console versions? The game is smooth as butter on a 360/PS3.

The design decisions. Having stages designed to have a sort of "flow" to them yet hiding secrets which causes you to break that flow. Having runner stages the feign difficulty by having you use trial, error, and luck to succeed. Having all momentum die if you mess up an attack. THAT ICE RUNNER STAGE. The dependence on Mosquito levels towards the end (really soured their impact for me).

Michel Ancel called out some of these and similar issues in an interview. That could not have made me happier. From what I've played of Legends, it will blow any resemblance of praise Origins had into microscopic bits. It fixes the faulty physics and momentum problem, and runner stages are skill based (at least in the challenge app they are) rather than an annoyingly have you memorize EXACTLY what you need to react to.

Origins will be a blight on Legend's track record, mark my words.

@Chunky_Kong
Isn't the Vita getting the same exclusive content as the Wii U? Either way, it looks like an amazing game on all fronts.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

2,170. Posted:

I liked Origins quite a bit but you are completely correct.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

2,171. Posted:

If anyone needs me to, I can keep going. I've got a list of complaints with the game; I wanted to like it so bad, I pulled out every fault I can find.
I've brought friends into playing Origins with me, and slowly they all started being fed up with it too.
It's a beautiful game to be sure, but I honestly feel they put the aesthetics over the action, and it really put into perspective the reason why I enjoy every NSMB game (except 2); it's the complete opposite.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,172. Posted:

Added God Eater Burst and Wipeout 2048 to my PS+ IGC, but since it's a one-month trial I didn't bother downloading them. Luckily I can redownload them once I get a year of Plus later :)

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Oren

2,173. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

I strongly dislike Rayman Origins. There are a lot of flaws in the game that absolutely infuriated me while playing it.

Such as?

How is the frame-rate in the Vita version compared to the home console versions? The game is smooth as butter on a 360/PS3.

The design decisions. Having stages designed to have a sort of "flow" to them yet hiding secrets which causes you to break that flow. Having runner stages the feign difficulty by having you use trial, error, and luck to succeed. Having all momentum die if you mess up an attack. THAT ICE RUNNER STAGE. The dependence on Mosquito levels towards the end (really soured their impact for me).

Michel Ancel called out some of these and similar issues in an interview. That could not have made me happier. From what I've played of Legends, it will blow any resemblance of praise Origins had into microscopic bits. It fixes the faulty physics and momentum problem, and runner stages are skill based (at least in the challenge app they are) rather than an annoyingly have you memorize EXACTLY what you need to react to.

@Chunky_Kong
Isn't the Vita getting the same exclusive content as the Wii U? Either way, it looks like an amazing game on all fronts.

These are definitely all legitimate complaints but just dont have as big an impact on the overall game for me. I hope you are right about Legends blowing Origins out of the water. I've played that demo so many times on my Wii U.

I Was under the impression that the Wii U and Vita versions of Legends had separate exclusive content. I May be completely wrong about that though. Wouldn't be the first time!

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

2,174. Posted:

@Ralizah
There was a patch some time ago, I haven't played the game personally, but I hear that it drops the load times significantly.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,175. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Such as?

@Chunky_Kong

I guess I didn't have too many problems with most of the runner stages, so I didn't mind them. And I actually like the mosquito stages, as they remind me of classic side-scrolling shooters like Gradius, high difficulty included. Moreover, I always saw the loss of momentum if you screwed up attacking an enemy as a punishment for sloppiness.

I can see how these issues would make the game seem less fun and balanced for a lot of people. I honestly hardly even noticed, however.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,176. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

RIP Studio Liverpool

:'(

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,177. Posted:

And...another JRPG that's coming to Japan (on the 26th of September)...

From GUST, the makers of Atelier Meruru...Chronos Materia...

animenewsnetwork wrote:

The game revolves around a girl named Iris and others who are transported into a world with no humans or civilization. The Eternity Looping System allows players to alter their destinies by letting them jump to and replay certain parts of the game with ease.

Untitled

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

0taku.livedoor.biz and animenewsnetwork.com

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,178. Posted:

Final Fantasy X-2 HD Remaster Comparison PS2 to PS3

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,179. Posted:

Somebody posted two videos of the Japanese version of Muramasa Rebirth.

! MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS !

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Dezner

2,180. Posted:

Man, I want a Vita just to play Muramasa! :O

Dat Momohime! <3

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter: OrangeGouf