Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,061 to 2,080 of 2,786

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,061. Posted:

Didn't I tell you to leave this thread?????

You're annoying the hell out of me.

Go and create a blog or something where you want to tell people how horrible it all is.

The blackdragon already warned you, but it seems that you're pig ignorant, even deleting the warning itself to suit your narcissistic desires.

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,062. Posted:

On the one hand, I don't see the problem with DGGames discussing the negatives of a console in a discussion thread about that console. He also has a point that the Vita doesn't have a lot of great exclusives right now. 6 or 7 at most. He's also right about the screen technically not being HD (it's close, though, and you won't notice the difference because of the pixel density). He could go about making his point differently, though. There's no point in being so dogmatic.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,063. Posted:

Different people have different desires eh? They also judge things differently. Personally, I think the PSVita is the best handheld ever made, quality-wise and design-wise. I like exclusives, but since I'm finished with consoles, I'd also like to see some of the classics ported over to it.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,064. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

JGMR wrote:

Mine too. I didn't even plan to get one. But, I must admit that when Final Fantasy X HD was announced a year ago, it grabbed my attention for a while. I thought "Wow, one of my favorite games of all-time, portable and in high-definition?" "Oh, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma also?"...LOL :p

The Vita screen isn't HD.

Also thanks for adding to my argument: 2 games that have already been released, twice, for different consoles, and one of them is even a port of a re-release...

Vita's resolution is 960x544, much higher than 3DS, and can scale down 1080p HD videos which makes it look great on the screen, practically HD to my eyes.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,065. Posted:

It's super-sharp. It is quarter HD (1/4 of 1920x1080). BUT, it is HD on the size of it's screen. It wouldn't be if the screen was any bigger. :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

DGGames

2,066. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

DGGames wrote:

JGMR wrote:

Mine too. I didn't even plan to get one. But, I must admit that when Final Fantasy X HD was announced a year ago, it grabbed my attention for a while. I thought "Wow, one of my favorite games of all-time, portable and in high-definition?" "Oh, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma also?"...LOL :p

The Vita screen isn't HD.

Also thanks for adding to my argument: 2 games that have already been released, twice, for different consoles, and one of them is even a port of a re-release...

Vita's resolution is 960x544, much higher than 3DS, and can scale down 1080p HD videos which makes it look great on the screen, practically HD to my eyes.

"Practically HD" and "HD to my eyes" are not the same thing as actually being HD, just sayin'

"HD" resolutions start at 720p, which is considerably better than the Vita. In fact, the Vita's resolution is only slightly higher than the Wii which, according to sony's fanboys and execs was nowhere near HD. The Wii's maximum resolution (software-wise) is 848x480p which, being below the 720p minimum, is not considered HD but ED instead so the Vita is in the same ballpark as the Wii, being Enhanced Definition but definitely not High Definition.

Also scaling down HD videos is a CPU / GPU process, not screen related. Even the 3DS could do that and with the smaller screen of the 3DS it would give the same apparent quality .

PS: I do own a Vita and several games for it (in fact, I am charging it right now for my trip to LA tomorrow. E3 is paradise for StreetPass and the only place on earth you can get a single other person using a Vita nearby without the system lying to you lol)

Edited on by DGGames

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,067. Posted:

The thing is that it doesn't HAVE to be HD because the screen is so small compared to a full 1080p TV or computer monitor. Playing a video at 1080p on a vita screen won't do as much justice as playing it on a larger screen, which is why they can get away with a smaller but still sharp resolution.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,068. Posted:

New E3 Trailers :

Killzone Mercenary - E3 2013 Trailer | PS Vita
Rayman Legends - E3 2013 Gameplay Trailer
Rayman Legends - E3 2013 Epic Trailer

God Of War HD Collection's also coming to the PSVita.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,069. Posted:

If people are wondering why the PSVita was so downplayed during SONYs E3 presentation, here's the reason why

The DOZENS of games that are apparently being developed are "over 40 titles so far".

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,070. Posted:

JGMR wrote:

If people are wondering why the PSVita was so downplayed during SONYs E3 presentation, here's the reason why

Makes sense, probably another mini-conference later on at some time.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,071. Posted:

Not to mention the fact that it was SONYs own presentation. Which means that third-party developed games are probably being shown on the floor during the next couple of days...

Square-Enix also has a "closed-meeting" during Nintendo's presentation. We have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,072. Posted:

New Killzone: Mercenary screens from the E3

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,073. Posted:

Dragon's Crown E3 Trailer!

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,074. Posted:

Upcoming game "Contrast" | E3 Trailer:

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,075. Posted:

Velocity Ultra Features Trailer | E3 2013

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,076. Posted:

Tearaway E3 Trailer

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,077. Posted:

Batman: Arkham Origins - E3 Trailer with extra intro and Blackgate footage from PS Vita

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,078. Posted:

Flower E3 Trailer

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,079. Posted:

Malicious Rebirth Vita E3 2013

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,080. Posted:

I think I'm going to opt for this over a Wii U this year. Nintendo's E3 was supremely disappointing when it came to Wii U. The Vita seems to be getting some decent titles this year, at least.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah