Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,041 to 2,060 of 2,784

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,041. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I know the 3DS version of VLR controls way more easily, but how much improved is the audio/visual quality on the Vita version?

There aren't any improvements. I checked the demoes for both...they looked almost the same. Except one was in stereoscopic 3D.

Really? That's disappointing. I'd heard the graphics were much clearer on the Vita version from some people I know who have a Vita. Perhaps they're just being fanboyish about the OLED.

The 3D effect isn't amazing on the 3DS version, but it definitely makes the outlines of the character models sharper, and adds a bit of depth to the room behind them. Also, the game controls very nicely on the 3DS. How was the control scheme on the Vita? Pretty bad?

Also, does that mean you haven't actually played the full game? Because if you haven't, you totally should. Overall it is even better than 999 was.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

2,042. Posted:

Yeah, I played the demo of VLR on the Vita and saw no difference to the 3DS version. Plus the fact you can use the stylus on the 3DS improves the game a fair bit imo. :3

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,043. Posted:

Blaze wrote:

Yeah, I played the demo of VLR on the Vita and saw no difference to the 3DS version. Plus the fact you can use the stylus on the 3DS improves the game a fair bit imo. :3

I imagine the HUD must clutter up the screen in the Vita version. :/

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,044. Posted:

Ragnarok Odyssey ACE headed to West this Winter

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

2,045. Posted:

Just finished watching this week's episode of Imagine-Nation, and the subject was Phantasy Star Online 2 (which was released on the Vita earlier in the year, in Japan).

I don't know if any of you were looking forward to it, but unfortunately, the developer said they have no plans of bringing it west, largely due to differences in monetary transactions between the two regions (the game runs on a variant of the free-to-play model), and differences in console preferences between the two regions.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

2,046. Posted:

Untitled

Cool! Looks like every game will support remote play with the expectation that need the Camera or Move.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

2,047. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

"Death Ray Manta" coming to PlayStation Vita!

Sony business development manager Shahid Kamal Ahmad joined the fun too.

"That’s right Shuhei, we are going to have “DRM” on PlayStation Vita. ;-)"

Sony President Troll's Everyone

I love Sony right now.

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,048. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Just finished watching this week's episode of Imagine-Nation, and the subject was Phantasy Star Online 2 (which was released on the Vita earlier in the year, in Japan).

I don't know if any of you were looking forward to it, but unfortunately, the developer said they have no plans of bringing it west, largely due to differences in monetary transactions between the two regions (the game runs on a variant of the free-to-play model), and differences in console preferences between the two regions.

Disappointing...there goes my Killer App. :( Oh well, so long as we get the PC version, still...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,049. Posted:

With a number of retailers selling Vitas online with a $50 bonus, now's a good time to grab one. Or maybe wait till E3, who knows what'll happen :O

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

moomoo

2,050. Posted:

So apparently PS Plus subscribers get Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward for free this month.

Dang. That's insane. Although I suppose that has become the status quo of Playstation Plus.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

DGGames

2,051. Posted:

Well now that is really rude, didn't know one of the fanboys was a mod that felt he could do whatever he wanted with other people's posts. Would say it surprises me but it really doesn't, fully expect stuff like that from sony and its legion of zombies.

irken004 wrote:

With a number of retailers selling Vitas online with a $50 bonus, now's a good time to grab one. Or maybe wait till E3, who knows what'll happen :O

Now is a bad time as ever to buy the failed console. It still has almost no good, exclusive games (about 2), is still too expensive and the REQUIRED memory cards are overpriced.

Seriously, unless you are a die hard sony fanboy you are better off waiting a year or two for a price drop and hopefully some half decent games to play on it that aren't available anywhere else. Maybe by then the number of exclusives worth playing will be greater than 5

Edited on by DGGames

Game developer and gamer.

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,052. Posted:

Dragon's Crown's Opening Movie has been revealed:

Here

Great music. :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,053. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

Now is a bad time as ever to buy the failed console. It still has almost no good, exclusive games (about 2), is still too expensive and the REQUIRED memory cards are overpriced.

Just because it isn't as popular as the 3DS (which I also own, but barely use anymore), doesn't mean it has failed. It has a very dedicated, hardcore audience which spreads the word. And the "no games" argument doesn't hold any water anymore. That might've been true a year ago, but plenty has come out this year. And there's tons of games to come.

My current collection: Persona4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice, Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Dead Or Alive 5+, Gravity Rush, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND and DJ Max Technika Tune (import). Some of the best games and versions of games ever.

On my wanted-list: Rayman Origins, Mortal Kombat, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

Coming soon:

Final Fantasy X(-2) HD, Dragon's Crown, Muramasa Rebirth, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, Ys: Memories of Celceta, TxK, Yakuza, Freedom Wars, Toukiden, Killzone Mercenaries, Rayman Legends, Jak & Daxter Trilogy, Batman Arkham Origins...

Plus...
Untitled

Untitled

Same story for the Wii U, mark my words. Patience is a virtue.

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

2,054. Posted:

DGGames wrote:

Well now that is really rude, didn't know one of the fanboys was a mod that felt he could do whatever he wanted with other people's posts. Would say it surprises me but it really doesn't, fully expect stuff like that from sony and its legion of zombies.

Why on earth do you have this big grudge against Sony and it's fans? You act like Sony had Kratos kill your whole family.

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,055. Posted:

People like him can learn a lot from the more mature audience on NeoGAF...

...like here

:p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

DGGames

2,056. Posted:

JGMR wrote:

DGGames wrote:

Just because it isn't as popular as the 3DS (which I also own, but barely use anymore), doesn't mean it has failed. It has a very dedicated, hardcore audience which spreads the word. And the "no games" argument doesn't hold any water anymore. That might've been true a year ago, but plenty has come out this year. And there's tons of games to come.

My current collection: Persona4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice, Ninja Gaiden Sigma+, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Dead Or Alive 5+, Gravity Rush, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND and DJ Max Technika Tune (import). Some of the best games and versions of games ever.

On my wanted-list: Rayman Origins, Mortal Kombat, Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

Coming soon:

Final Fantasy X(-2) HD, Dragon's Crown, Muramasa Rebirth, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, Ys: Memories of Celceta, TxK, Yakuza, Freedom Wars, Toukiden, Killzone Mercenaries, Rayman Legends, Jak & Daxter Trilogy, Batman Arkham Origins...

Plus...
Untitled

Untitled

Same story for the Wii U, mark my words. Patience is a virtue.

And of the games you mentioned, only about 5 are exclusive and barely worth playing. That's why its a failure, the Wii U is already doing better even though the Vita is already on its second year and the Wii U hasn't finished its first year yet.

To put it simply, even the Wii U has more games worth playing NOW that are exclusive to the system than the Vita and it also has more coming out soon. I got a Vita at launch, with a 32 GB memory card. I still haven't filled it out (sony decided backwards compatibility wasn't that important and there is nothing to play on the thing) and its been collecting dust ever since. I have Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Mortal Kombat (those retail), and a ton others from PS+ and there's still very little reason to even keep it charged and ready to play.

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,057. Posted:

I'm not going to bother anymore with these partisan non-arguments. Just because it didn't suit YOUR taste, doesn't mean it doesn't suit the taste of other peoples. YOU may regret your purchase, but to wish other people that they shouldn't be able to enjoy theirs is ENVY, the lowest of all possible morals. Go away, and annoy somebody else, will ya?

Edited on by JGMR

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,058. Posted:

My vita is one of the best purchases I've made in a long time.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

JGMR

2,059. Posted:

Mine too. I didn't even plan to get one. But, I must admit that when Final Fantasy X HD was announced a year ago, it grabbed my attention for a while. I thought "Wow, one of my favorite games of all-time, portable and in high-definition?" "Oh, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma also?"...LOL :p

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage

DGGames

2,060. Posted:

JGMR wrote:

Mine too. I didn't even plan to get one. But, I must admit that when Final Fantasy X HD was announced a year ago, it grabbed my attention for a while. I thought "Wow, one of my favorite games of all-time, portable and in high-definition?" "Oh, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma also?"...LOL :p

The Vita screen isn't HD.

Also thanks for adding to my argument: 2 games that have already been released, twice, for different consoles, and one of them is even a port of a re-release...