Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 2,001 to 2,020 of 2,922

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,001. Posted:

@Rahlizah - Just so you know, while it's highly probable, Persona 5 is not officially announced for the PS4. There's still hope that it'll come to the PS3 and/or Vita.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

2,002. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I'm thinking I'll ask for this little machine for Christmas. That should be more than enough time for it to sort out any remaining issues with PSOne classics compatibility and to make sure Sony isn't planning a surprise price drop sometime this year in the States.

Besides, there are too many awesome 3DS games coming out to save money for a Vita right now.

Compare Dead or Alive Dimensions to Dead or Alive 5 Plus.

You really should just use your money for a Vita ;)

I'm not a huge Dead or Alive fan. :P I am, however, an RPG fan, and that Atelier announcement makes it even more irritating that I don't have a Vita right now.
I am a bit annoyed that Persona 5 is going to the PS4, as I wasn't planning on buying that console any time soon, seeing as how I've never even played any PS3 games. I was hoping they'd release it on the Vita...
If The Last Guardian becomes a PS4 release, though, I might have to get that before a Wii U...

On the subject, what IS the state of PSOne classics on the Vita right now? Have they released a significant number of them lately? I haven't heard much about it since that one load of games became playable on Vita last year.

The Vita is doing good for JRPGs. Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 3, Atelier Totori and a mass of games to come this year. It's going to turn out like the PSP and dominate the handheld JRPG market, guaranteed.

As for the PSOne classics - I've never had any problems with any of my JRPGs on the Vita.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,003. Posted:

They've been releasing them steadily since last year. Don't worry, most of the PSOne classics should be on the Vita store by Christmas.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

2,004. Posted:

The release of Atelier Totori on the Vita really made my day- why didn't they announce it earlier? I wanted to try these games out for a while, but now that I can get one on a portable, I'll buy it without a second thought! :D

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage

Bankai

2,005. Posted:

ilovegaming wrote:

The release of Atelier Totori on the Vita really made my day- why didn't they announce it earlier? I wanted to try these games out for a while, but now that I can get one on a portable, I'll buy it without a second thought! :D

They had announced it actually, via the Australian classification board.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,006. Posted:

I don't know if anyone has announced it here, but Persona 4 Golden is on sale for $29.99 pretty much everywhere online for two weeks.

@Bankai I wonder how concerned Sony is about the Vita's performance in the States? A strong JRPG machine to rival the 3DS would be amazing.

@Canis How cool would it be to have all five Persona games playable on one handheld?

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Bankai

2,007. Posted:

@Bankai I wonder how concerned Sony is about the Vita's performance in the States? A strong JRPG machine to rival the 3DS would be amazing.

The PSP Bombed in America and yet I'm certain Sony considered it a success.

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

2,008. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

ilovegaming wrote:

I really had no clue...Well, the important thing is it came out, so I can finally try it!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

2,009. Posted:

ilovegaming wrote:

Bankai wrote:

ilovegaming wrote:

I really had no clue...Well, the important thing is it came out, so I can finally try it!

You should read my site more often then. :P

AuthorMessage

irken004

2,010. Posted:

Finallllly got Uncharted Golden Abyss today. I'm not too far in but the writing is great so far as usual :D

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

2,011. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

ilovegaming wrote:

Bankai wrote:

ilovegaming wrote:

Will do from now on- more sources of information are always good! :)
Does anyone know if Atelier Totori for the Vita will be just a psn release or if there will be retail copies?

AuthorMessage

Bankai

2,012. Posted:

ilovegaming wrote:

Bankai wrote:

ilovegaming wrote:

Bankai wrote:

ilovegaming wrote:

Will do from now on- more sources of information are always good! :)
Does anyone know if Atelier Totori for the Vita will be just a psn release or if there will be retail copies?

It's looking like PSN only

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

2,013. Posted:

Has anyone here played any of the Corpse Party games? The first one looks fantastic. I have a friend who showed it off on his PSP, and if I didn't want the Vita I probably would have already gotten the PSP to play that and Persona.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

2,014. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Has anyone here played any of the Corpse Party games? The first one looks fantastic. I have a friend who showed it off on his PSP, and if I didn't want the Vita I probably would have already gotten the PSP to play that and Persona.

I've played the first one and liked it very much! The story is pretty good (as far as I have played) and the atmosphere is amazing and very tense! Also,a friend of mine has actually completed it and says that the game lasted him quite a while in order to get all the endings. I believe it's worth the price, especially if you like games of its kind.

AuthorMessage

Knux

2,015. Posted:

So apparently, The Walking Dead is coming to the Vita. Awesom...

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,016. Posted:

I hate you SEGA...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Aviator

2,017. Posted:

In other good Vita news Spelunky is coming, and I cannot wait.

It was one of the games I was so jealous of 360 for having.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

2,018. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

They've been releasing them steadily since last year. Don't worry, most of the PSOne classics should be on the Vita store by Christmas.

I want Crash Bandicoot and Spryo to be PS1 Classics on the Vita Store already! Any confirmation on that?

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

RR529

2,019. Posted:

Anyone else catch Imagine-Nation's interview with Keiji Inafune about Soul Sacrifice?

That game looks pretty awesome! Supposedly all the monsters were human at one time, and when you defeat them they revert back. Also, all magic requires you to sacrifice (I see what they did there) some of your health, with the most powerful sword attack, "Excalibur", killing you along with your target.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

2,020. Posted:

Is there an easy way to regain your health, though? I don't like the idea of always being a blood mage...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~