Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 201 to 220 of 2,881

AuthorMessage

y2josh

201. Posted:

@Bmagwood769: You're right, 3DS is best system evar what was i thinking?

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

TitanBryan

202. Posted:

The 3ds is also better than PsVita inthat what ages are the consoles aiming for? The 3ds is for everyone and has games for every type of person e.g Racing/Action.
The vita is only for 13-25 year olds. You wouldn't see a granny playing the vita or a young child. The price of the 3ds will have dropped by the time the the vita comes out and will be far cheaper. I have written this on my 3ds to prove the 3ds is better

I am going to buy a vita if it comes out in white. I will always use my 3ds more than it but the download thing is so cool. I wish you could download shop titles online!

Edited on by theblackdragon

I know Mario personally as I caught him in a pokeball!
3ds Friend code; 1934 0713 8215
PSN ID: TitanBryan
Follow me on twitter to support Pokemon Hoenn remake!!!!

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

203. Posted:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

I have written this on my 3ds to prove the 3ds is better

pics plz :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

204. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

Yes, I admit the vita is better but it will never have the fans or games like the 3ds has! It has Mario,Zelda, metroid, etc what does sony have?????????????

Uncharted, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet, Jak and Daxter, Resistance, inFamous.

Crash hasn't been an exclusive (as far as I know at least) since the 4th game, so I don't think that counts.

And infamous is still a blatant ripoff of a blatant ripoff.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

205. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

Yes, I admit the vita is better but it will never have the fans or games like the 3ds has! It has Mario,Zelda, metroid, etc what does sony have?????????????

Uncharted, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet, Jak and Daxter, Resistance, inFamous.

What, Crash Bandicoot, what, what, what, LittleBigPlanet, what, what, and what?

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

206. Posted:

TeeJay wrote:

y2josh wrote:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

What, Crash Bandicoot, what, what, what, LittleBigPlanet, what, what, and what?

Google, how does it work?!

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

207. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

y2josh wrote:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

Crash hasn't been an exclusive (as far as I know at least) since the 4th game, so I don't think that counts.

A really fun ripoff of a ripoff :D
Do they happen to be Crackdown and GTA?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

y2josh

208. Posted:

@KKSlider: Yeah, my bad, I don't consider the multi console crash games actual crash games though.

@turtlelink: I sure hope he isn't talking about Prototype :D

Edited on by y2josh

AuthorMessage

TitanBryan

209. Posted:

Will the vita come out in white???
What if the PSN crashes again where can u get the software???

I know Mario personally as I caught him in a pokeball!
3ds Friend code; 1934 0713 8215
PSN ID: TitanBryan
Follow me on twitter to support Pokemon Hoenn remake!!!!

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

210. Posted:

Oh yeah prototype. :D Forgot about that.
@Bmagwood769, what if the internet crashes? Where will we get our other software??? D:

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

kevohki

211. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

@turtlelink: I sure hope he isn't talking about Prototype :D

I don't think it's Prototype. Prototype was a complete suckfest. Infamous was good.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage

y2josh

212. Posted:

Yeah, that's why I said I hope that person isn't talking about Prototype. I know Prototype came out after infamous, but I think prototype was in development first.

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

213. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

No More Heroes was totally fun, playable, and original though.

Infamous is better than 98% of the Wii catalog. Of course that two percent only consists of first-party Nintendo games, as if that's any surprise to anyone.

You can decide you don't like games for Sony platforms despite not playing any of them and using other people's opinions, and pretend they're your own and that you have first-hand experience if you want. Personally I think you're selling yourself short, but by all means--throw your money at 4-hours-of-playtime 3DS games for the rest of your life. And make sure to buy a Wii U--it won't be redundant, it'll be affordable given all the amazing, cutting-edge features it provides, and the multiplatform games from other consoles will magically become better because they're on a Nintendo system now.

please don't make it personal — TBD

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

214. Posted:

@kevo - Prototype was a complete suckfest. I tried to play it after Infamous and it was so much less engaging. It was also a lot easier and didn't look as good :( Infamous' platforming was that kinda sticky-style which can get on my nerves, but it was head and shoulders above Prototype's "super jump and try to get this collectible 500 times and invisible-wall own yourself repeatedly" design.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

Bankai

215. Posted:

I will never understand why Nintendo fanboys insist that Sony doesn't have any "games."

Sony publishes almost as many games ITSELF than Nintendo. Let alone the third party exclusives, or the fact that Square Enix is aligned more closely to Sony than the other two.

Sony was responsible for Demon's Souls - the best, bar none, new RPG IP this generation. For the more traditional RPG experience, Sony has White Knight Chronicles - controversial game, but some love it. Sony is responsible for some of the best online MMO experiences of all time - most recently Magic the Gathering Tactics. Sony has thrown money at the FPS genre.

Sony's responsible for putting up the money for one of the most artistic games of all time - Ico (and Shadow of the Colossus while we're at it).Gran Turismo is another investment by Sony and if you're into serious racing simulations you're going to want a PS3. For the casual audience? Sony came up with a little franchise called Buzz.

There's God of War. That's pretty cool, most people agree. And let's not forget the more experimental stuff, like Eye of Judgement: doing AR before Nintendo even thought of it.

And all of that's not including the really obvious ones, like SOCOM, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet.

we can do without the name-calling — TBD

Edit: I just KNOW someone's going to reply and say something like "yeah but all those games sucked" or something. So to preempt that, my response: No one cares about what you personally think is good or not.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

216. Posted:

guys, you can disagree with each other, discuss things, politely argue points, etc. and so forth all you like, but remember: keep the personal insults and name-calling off of Nintendo Life. i know half of you have a bone to pick with the other, but keep the cutesy replies and pithy little shots to yourselves if that's all you have to add to the discussion, please.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

217. Posted:

I'm putting all my money on the triumphant return of the Atari 26,000,000. It's going to be a 2-bit beast I tell you! :P

... Sony makes game, who'd of though? :O

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

218. Posted:

I've said this already but I'll explain.

Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction was an awesome game filled with awesome made in 2005 and made the unnecessary lack of new games towards the end of last gen (much like the unnecessary lack of games this gen...for Nintendo), more tolerable as it was really fun. HULK SMASH done perfectly in a great open world game before all the cool kids were doing it. Pretty good story for a video game too, and I'm not even a fan of ANY other Hulk canon I've seen.

Then the same developers took the same game 4 years later and added the most cliche and boring plot possible with the most painful protagonist in a game since FFX, added a couple of cool elements that got old really quickly and then said "hey look guys, we made a new IP!" And Infamous came out at the same time and the comparisons will now never end (no way they ripped them off on purpose though). Infamous bored me, I just...wasn't having fun playing it. Simple as that.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

219. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

None of which appeal to me at all. Although I did have Twisted Metal 1-3 back on the PS1, along with Crash Bandicoot 1-3, but in this day and age they're not exactly as solid as they used to be. The car combat genre is dead, aside from the new TM hitting the PS3. Crash Bandicoot is basically history, aside from those 'nobody cares' mediore underwhelming platformers that are releases sparingly. I've never tried Sly Cooper out of the rest however, and for some reason I just don't care. The first Jack & Daxter wasn't too shabby during the time however. And I say bluh to Resistense and InFamous. Uncharted looks great for what it is, but I could care less as it doesn't appeal to me And Ratchet & Clank? Same deal.

And don't forget Killzone....Another franchise i just don't care about. And then there's God of War, amazing cinamatics, fantastic visuals and score aside, it's nowhere near as deep or skill-based as devil may cry. GOW gets old pretty quick, mind you i'm not a big fan of the 3D hack and slash genre. And LittleBigPlanet....Yup, creativity and uniqueness and customization is in full speed, but it just bores me.....I see the awesomeness, but again it's not my cup of tea.

I wan't Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, Mega Man, Punch-Out!!, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Super Smash Bros, Wario Land, Kid Icarus, Contra ect ect.
Which are mostly found on nintendo Consoles.

Anyways, when it all comes down to it, it's the 3rd Party support from mainly Capcom and Konami that I'd be interested in as far as the Vita goes.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Malkeor

220. Posted:

I might have to try the Vita, just to see if i'd really plunk down money on it.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia