Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,981 to 2,000 of 2,625

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,981. Posted:

Open question about the "The Instant Game Collection" aspect of PS+:

Do you have to log-in to a wi-fi network to be able to access your games once they're downloaded to your machine, or can they be played offline as long as I have a working PS+ membership?

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,982. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Do you have to log-in to a wi-fi network to be able to access your games once they're downloaded to your machine, or can they be played offline as long as I have a working PS+ membership?

You don't need to be online. The Vita simply counts down using its internal clock.

Which I guess you could cheat if you could really be bothered.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,983. Posted:

Hyperdimension Neptunia trilogy announced for Vita!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,984. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Hyperdimension Neptunia trilogy announced for Vita!

If that turns up here for $40, I may pick it up just because that evens out to $13 a game, which is about what I was hoping to get them for. Doubt we'll get it, though. Not as a trilogy, at least.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,985. Posted:

It's three completely new games (well, one remake). So, not a collection :-)

Compile Heart has not one, not two, but three Hyperdimension Neptunia games in the works for PlayStation Vita. Announced at a Dengeki PlayStation event earlier today, the publisher unveiled a pair of new titles in addition to Hyperdimension Idol Neptunia PP.

Staring everyone's favorite tsundere, Hyper Goddess Faith Noir: Extreme God Black Heart focuses on Noire, Lastation's CPU, and will arrive in Japan sometime later this year. Also releasing before 2014 is a portable remake of the original game entitled Hyperdimension Neptunia: Rebirth 1.

Read more at http://www.destructoid.com/trio-of-hyperdimension-neptunia-ga...

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,986. Posted:

Oh...I'm a tad disappointed now, even though I probably shouldn't be. :P Those'll probably be the better games, assuming they really are getting better game by game.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,987. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh...I'm a tad disappointed now, even though I probably shouldn't be. :P Those'll probably be the better games, assuming they really are getting better game by game.

Victory is probably the finest of the series, so yeah, I'd say Compile Heart is getting the hang of it.

I'd like to play an updated version of Hyperdimension Neptunia with the newer, better system too.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,988. Posted:

Speaking of which, I was recently at Gamestop, and the Neptunia games are getting expensive. I wasn't expecting that at all. The Record of Argest Wars are getting pretty cheap, though. I hear the second game's actually really good, and seems like Compile Hearts has indeed learned a few things over the years. I might want to pick that up once it's below $25.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,989. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Speaking of which, I was recently at Gamestop, and the Neptunia games are getting expensive. I wasn't expecting that at all. The Record of Argest Wars are getting pretty cheap, though. I hear the second game's actually really good, and seems like Compile Hearts has indeed learned a few things over the years. I might want to pick that up once it's below $25.

Heh. I had two copies of Atelier Meruru at one stage and I traded it in at my local EB Games. They gave me $4 credit. A day later I went back to the shop and it was going for $80 used.

Hyperdimension Neptunia games are very limited run games, and they have a small but very dedicated audience that won't ever trade those games in. Makes used copies a very limited resource.

Agarest War games are ok, though I prefer the Hyperdimension series.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,990. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

You don't need to be online. The Vita simply counts down using its internal clock.

Cool. I'm not always in a place where I can access decent wi-fi. I looked at the starting list of games you get initially for PS+, and that is a REALLY good deal. Plus, apparently the list grows if you hold onto PS+ for more than the initial year?

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,991. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Cool. I'm not always in a place where I can access decent wi-fi. I looked at the starting list of games you get initially for PS+, and that is a REALLY good deal. Plus, apparently the list grows if you hold onto PS+ for more than the initial year?

Well, yeah. Each month one new game goes into the instant game collection, and one is removed. But if you had already "purchased" the game for free while it was available on instant game, then you can redownload and play it for free after it's dropped off the instant game collection.

So basically you're getting 12+ new games every year which are yours for as long as the PSPlus account is active.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,992. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Well, yeah. Each month one new game goes into the instant game collection, and one is removed. But if you had already "purchased" the game for free while it was available on instant game, then you can redownload and play it for free after it's dropped off the instant game collection.

So basically you're getting 12+ new games every year which are yours for as long as the PSPlus account is active.

Stop it, you're making me want a Vita, and I can't afford one right now!

Gravity Rush is one of the "free" games, I noticed.

Does it work the same on PS3 (aside from different games, of course)?

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,993. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Stop it, you're making me want a Vita, and I can't afford one right now!

Gravity Rush is one of the "free" games, I noticed.

Does it work the same on PS3 (aside from different games, of course)?

Yup. Exactly the same :-)

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,994. Posted:

Speaking of games, Ninja Gaiden Sigma is amazing.

buyitbuyitbuyitbuyit.

I've never played a game in the series before but I love it.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,995. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Speaking of games, Ninja Gaiden Sigma is amazing.

buyitbuyitbuyitbuyit.

I've never played a game in the series before but I love it.

Yay we are Ninja Gaiden buddies ^_^

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

1,996. Posted:

Happy to hear Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus is good- I have it on my shelf, waiting its turn, since I'm currently being blown away by Gravity Rush. As for the Hyperdimension Neptunia games, I hope they come out in Europe- I've been a bit interested in them but I try to avoid RPGs on home consoles, especially if I can get them on a portable instead.

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,997. Posted:

Hey. Just thought I'd let you know that Atelier Totori Plus is now on PSN for Vita. Because lord knows, Tecmo Koei's not gonna tell ya.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,998. Posted:

Atelier in my freaking pocket. At Dead or Alive.

Screw the 3DS. The Vita wins.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,999. Posted:

I'm thinking I'll ask for this little machine for Christmas. That should be more than enough time for it to sort out any remaining issues with PSOne classics compatibility and to make sure Sony isn't planning a surprise price drop sometime this year in the States.

Besides, there are too many awesome 3DS games coming out to save money for a Vita right now.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

2,000. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I'm thinking I'll ask for this little machine for Christmas. That should be more than enough time for it to sort out any remaining issues with PSOne classics compatibility and to make sure Sony isn't planning a surprise price drop sometime this year in the States.

Besides, there are too many awesome 3DS games coming out to save money for a Vita right now.

Compare Dead or Alive Dimensions to Dead or Alive 5 Plus.

You really should just use your money for a Vita ;)