Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,961 to 1,980 of 2,903

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,961. Posted:

It all depends. I find spending a year waiting for games that I'm paying for to release (that may not interest me), to be a tedious and unnecessary investment.

And no, waiting for one game to impress me over a course of a year when I could just go buy the $60 game I wanted in the first place, is definitely not worth it.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Zolgar

1,962. Posted:

Apparently Level 5 is working on a PSV RPG. Dark Cloud 3? Ni No Kuni port? New IP? Who knows.

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,963. Posted:

There is a White Knight Chronicles on PSP. I'm betting on that.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,964. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

I was hoping that series was as dead as a doornail...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,965. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

I was hoping that series was as dead as a doornail...

Oh you Mr. Negativity Man you.

I like the WKC series. I know it's hit and miss with others, but it is gorgeous and traditional fun. It's basically a slower-paced Xenoblade Chronicles anyway.

The PSP one is like a RPG mixed with Monster Hunter mission structure. It was developed by Matrix Software and is very different to the PS3 games anyway.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,966. Posted:

It's just that The White Knight Chronicles games are among the most disappointing games I've ever played, and it did practically every single thing wrong it possibly could. Say what you want, but I seriously just want to see that series dead.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,967. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It's just that The White Knight Chronicles games are among the most disappointing games I've ever played, and it did practically every single thing wrong it possibly could. Say what you want, but I seriously just want to see that series dead.

That's rather mean spirited of you.

Other people like the series, and you would rather them miss out and the series die then you, you know, simply not buy the games.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,968. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Other people like the series, and you would rather them miss out and the series die then you, you know, simply not buy the games.

Yes, that's how much I hate it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,969. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Bankai wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yes, that's how much I hate it.

Oh well. I'm sure you'll randomly love the next game that is exactly the same as WKC but called something like Black Mounted Warrior Records. :P

Seriously, I've given up trying to guess your taste in games. There's little consistency as far as I can tell. It's always love or hate - no middle ground, and you'll love one game and then hate the exact same game with a different name for completely arbitrary reasons. :-/

So if you do have a consistent taste in games, it'd be awesome to know what it is. Save a lot of guesswork in trying to talk to you about them.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,970. Posted:

Nah, my tastes have never been consistant. I can usually tell what I'll like, but only through gut feelings. You're far from to first to complain about this. Ironically, the games I hate the most are ones that I logically should like. That's actually why I hate them - it frustrates me that I'm not enjoying something I really should be enjoying. White Knight Chronicles, for instance, sounded great on paper. But I ended up hating pretty much every minute of it, and I consider it one of the least enjoyable RPGs I've ever played.

That said, calling WKC a "Slower paced Xenoblade Chronicles" does a complete disservice to XC, and once again proves that you aren't even close to understanding the appeal of that game. There are so many things that it does differently that are very important, especially in the way it handles the story and the exploration.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,971. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

It's basically a slower-paced Xenoblade Chronicles anyway.

So what you're saying is that the enjoyable mediocre at best sidequests take even more of your time? I'm not sure I could survive that. I need to play more than 3 games in a year after all. Also eating, that's kinda important too.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,972. Posted:

Nah, my tastes have never been consistant. I can usually tell what I'll like, but only through gut feelings. You're far from to first to complain about this. Ironically, the games I hate the most are ones that I logically should like. That's actually why I hate them - it frustrates me that I'm not enjoying something I really should be enjoying. White Knight Chronicles, for instance, sounded great on paper. But I ended up hating pretty much every minute of it, and I consider it one of the least enjoyable RPGs I've ever played.

As long as you realise that this makes it very difficult to actually have a discussion with you about RPGs, it's all good. :P I mean, because you're so inconsistent with your taste in games, it's hard to understand why you like these games, and because it's hard to understand why you like these games, it's hard to understand why you play them in the first place.

So for instance:

That said, calling WKC a "Slower paced Xenoblade Chronicles" does a complete disservice to XC, and once again proves that you aren't even close to understanding the appeal of that game. There are so many things that it does differently that are very important, especially in the way it handles the story and the exploration.

I would bet my house that you "hate" one (or multiples) of the following: Nier, Ni No Kuni, Skyrim, The Witcher 2. These games are all about story and exploration like Xenoblade, so what you like about Xenoblade isn't actually the story or exploration, as far as I can tell.

That's why I took a guess that it was the combat system that you enjoyed, and WKC and Xenoblade share very similar combat systems, but no that's not it either.

In short, you're a puzzle, Mickeymac buddy. This isn't a criticism in anyway, you just simply mystify me ;-)

So what you're saying is that the enjoyable mediocre at best sidequests take even more of your time? I'm not sure I could survive that. I need to play more than 3 games in a year after all. Also eating, that's kinda important too.

It's compensated somewhat by the fact that the main storyline isn't as stupidly long as Xenoblade.

After finishing WKC 1 and Xenoblade I ended up with about the same timecodes. 80 hours or thereabouts I think. I did more sidequests in WKC

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,973. Posted:

Xenoblade appeals to me because on its naunces, and the way everything comes together. There's no one aspect that makes it good. It's how everything works to make the game great. I could gush for hours about that game, just on the first area. It's crazy. The combat, for instance, may be vaguely similar to WKC, but the differences are what make the combat enjoyable. I honestly don't really care for the "Real-Time Turn-based" gameplay that you see in a lot of games these days. I'm even starting to hate it in Ni no Kuni, though everything else has saved that game so far. But Xenoblades does it in a way that I can actually enjoy - I honestly look forward to grinding for hours in XC, and to be quite honest, most of my favorite RPGs are like that, when they actually make me look forward to the combat. That said, the story and the world/exploration seem to be the bigger draws for the game, so I think that's what makes it more appealing than WKC.

As for why I play RPGs in general, there's no one reason as far as I can tell. I think I just play games to figure out what the developer had in mind as the most appealing aspect of the game, and see if I can enjoy it for that. So basically, what I'll enjoy could be anything. What I dislike could be anything as well. The only times I really don't enjoy a game is because I either couldn't find the intended appeal, or I felt what they were going for was done well (like WKC - it seemed like they were trying to appeal to too many demographics, and I felt it ultimately failed to really come together. Unless that town-building mechanic was supposed to be the big deal? I didn't spend a lot of time on that..)

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,974. Posted:

I just watched a mildly lengthy gameplay vid of Soul Sacrifice, and I have to say, the game looks AMAZING. WAY better than Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,975. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I just watched a mildly lengthy gameplay vid of Soul Sacrifice, and I have to say, the game looks AMAZING. WAY better than Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on 3DS.

Yeah, it looks like the best thing Inafune has done in years and years.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,976. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Yeah, it looks like the best thing Inafune has done in years and years.

Also, it's the type of game the Vita is perfect for, in terms of its visual clarity and dual analog control scheme.

Darn, I may have to start saving up for a Vita...

I wanted to start saving for a Wii U, but handhelds are much easier for me to use while I'm away from home anyway. Besides, at least this way I can play some of the franchises I've been unable to play since the PS2.

I wonder if they'll re-release Disgaea 4 on the Vita as well...

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

1,977. Posted:

^They have already re-released Disgaea 1 and 2 on the PSP and Disgaea 3 on the Vita so it's very probable...Also, if you prefer handhelds, getting a Vita is a very good idea- it's a great handheld with some amazing games. I recently started Gravity Rush and I can't believe how brilliant it is.

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

1,978. Posted:

ilovegaming wrote:

^They have already re-released Disgaea 1 and 2 on the PSP and Disgaea 3 on the Vita so it's very probable...Also, if you prefer handhelds, getting a Vita is a very good idea- it's a great handheld with some amazing games. I recently started Gravity Rush and I can't believe how brilliant it is.

Gravity Rush, Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 3, The Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and now Soul Sacrifice are my main reasons for wanting it. Well, aside from the PSP and PSOne classics that I want as well.

Have they added more PSOne classics support since last year? I remember the list of supported titles being pitifully small.

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,979. Posted:

Yeah, if I ever get a Vita, I'd definitely pick up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Dead or Alive 5, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and that billiards game @Bankai talks about (Hustle Kings, I believe. I keep waiting for Jazzy Billiards 3D to be localized on the 3DS, but it doesn't look like it's going to be happening).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,980. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Yeah, if I ever get a Vita, I'd definitely pick up Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Dead or Alive 5, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and that billiards game @Bankai talks about (Hustle Kings, I believe. I keep waiting for Jazzy Billiards 3D to be localized on the 3DS, but it doesn't look like it's going to be happening).

Hustle Kings is one of the most underrated games on the console. Brilliant physics in that game.