irken004

1,941. Posted:

Patapon's the only one that interests me :o

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,942. Posted:

Hey, Wild Arms is a legit classic.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,943. Posted:

I seriously wonder how in the world someone with a Vita and/or a PS3 doesn't have PS+. There's pretty much no reason not to at this point.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,944. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

I seriously wonder how in the world someone with a Vita and/or a PS3 doesn't have PS+. There's pretty much no reason not to at this point.

I've got around 70 people on my friends list, and I think one, mabye two, don't have PS+

The most casual of casual gamers wouldn't need PS+. For anyone who spends more than 10 hours a month playing games though, I agree with you. It's an essential service.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,945. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

moomoo wrote:

I've got around 70 people on my friends list, and I think one, mabye two, don't have PS+

I guess that's me. :$

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,946. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Bankai wrote:

moomoo wrote:

I guess that's me. :$

I honestly don't know who is who on my friends list any more.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,947. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

moomoo wrote:

The most casual of casual gamers wouldn't need PS+. For anyone who spends more than 10 hours a month playing games though, I agree with you. It's an essential service.

I find it irrelevant to pay $60 a year for "free" games and discounts.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

1,948. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

I haven't touched my PS3 in 2-4 months. Is that a good reason? :3

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,949. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Bankai wrote:

moomoo wrote:

I find it irrelevant to pay $60 a year for "free" games and discounts.

You're paying $60 per year for a subscription to access a library of games. No one ever said it was free.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,950. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

You're paying $60 per year for a subscription to access a library of games. No one ever said it was free.

Which is why I find it irrelevant. There's no free games to gain when considering the obvious.

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,951. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Which is why I find it irrelevant. There's no free games to gain when considering the obvious.

$60/ year for like, 30 games per year is a good subscription deal imo.

It really surprises me that people are happy to do subscriptions with music, with movies, with pay TV. They're happy to sign up for phone contracts, and make purchases using financing and pay them off over the course of a year.

But when it comes to games the idea of subscriptions is so foreign it might as well have come from Mars.

Is it because game subscription services are too new?

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,952. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Bankai wrote:

quit being nit picky! You literally get 100's of dollars in games for only $60 per year! >:[

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,953. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

It really surprises me that people are happy to do subscriptions with music, with movies, with pay TV. They're happy to sign up for phone contracts, and make purchases using financing and pay them off over the course of a year.

But when it comes to games the idea of subscriptions is so foreign it might as well have come from Mars.

Is it because game subscription services are too new?

If Sony wants to give away free games, then I'll jump aboard, but the reality of it all, I'm not making a lot of money currently when supporting two family members excluding myself.

The money I earn goes to car insurance, Direct TV for my Father and brother, food for my family, food for our dogs, electricity bills, gas bills, gas for our vehicles, other necessities and if I'm lucky, a brand new game once a month.

Yet, you're expecting me to pay sixty additional dollars for a service that gives away "free" games that will expire before I know it. To expect I'll enjoy every game I "receive free" is also a little ignorant.

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

quit being nit picky! You literally get 100's of dollars in games for only $60 per year! >:[

What am I supposed to do when my subscription expires?

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

Zolgar

1,954. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Not to mention the fairly deep discounts (50%+ sometimes) on other games as well. For $4.16 a month. That is a STEAL.

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,955. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Just wait until you have enough money to get another.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,956. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Just wait until you have enough money to get another.

That's hilarious. So you're implying that I should wait until I have enough money to buy it once more?

I'm still not understanding how exclusive discounts and "freeyee" games are necessary for the PlayStation experience.

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,957. Posted:

If Sony wants to give away free games, then I'll jump aboard, but the reality of it all, I'm not making a lot of money currently when supporting two family members excluding myself.

The money I earn goes to car insurance, Direct TV for my Father and brother, food for my family, food for our dogs, electricity bills, gas bills, gas for our vehicles, other necessities and if I'm lucky, a brand new game once a month.

Yet, you're expecting me to pay sixty additional dollars for a service that gives away "free" games that will expire before I know it. To expect I'll enjoy every game I "receive free" is also a little ignorant.

For the price of one game, you could have a year's subscription that gives you 24 games to play on your PlayStation 3, and more if you also have a Vita.

I'm no maths genius, but that's clearly better value than buying games new. You'll save money, while still having new games to play each month.

Just don't buy a new game each month. Get this instead. Don't let the subscription expire. Win-win.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,958. Posted:

@Chrono Cross I agree compeltely that PS plus isn't nessecary. As you've mentioned: the games expire and a number of the "free" games may not be appealing or good games and the same goes for the discounted games. I know for me I don't even spend $60 PSN a year. It's just an extra unessecary cost for some of us.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,959. Posted:

@Bankai
Yet you're assuming I'll enjoy every game that's released. As great as that would be, I've had PlayStation+ before, and that is exactly why I'm not getting it again unless a close friend game shares.

I've spent 30 days playing Call of Duty Black Ops with friends, so unless these games can last me 30 days of playtime altogether, no, $60 retail games travel much further and don't waste my time.

Digitally Downloaded.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,960. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

@Bankai
Yet you're assuming I'll enjoy every game that's released. As great as that would be, I've had PlayStation+ before, and that is exactly why I'm not getting it again unless a close friend game shares.

I've spent 30 days playing Call of Duty Black Ops with friends, so unless these games can last me 30 days of playtime altogether, no, $60 retail games travel much further and don't waste my time.

I have got to be the pickiest person in the world when it comes to taste in games, and even I find the lineup of PS+ amazing. I've played games I would never have spent money on directly and loved them.

I don't understand the equation that $60 for one game > $60 for 24, is all. Even if only one of those 24 is a game you truly love, and one other game is a game you kinda like, you're still coming out on top.