Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,921 to 1,940 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,921. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Ragnarok Odyssey and Persona 4 Golden. In one week.

Awesome.

I like you. I liked your status that said "monkeybear2001 is playing Persona 4 Golden for the first time" :p

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,922. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Ragnarok Odyssey and Persona 4 Golden. In one week.

Awesome.

I like you. I liked your status that said "monkeybear2001 is playing Persona 4 Golden for the first time" :p

It is unbelievable how long we had to wait for this game. But. At least it's here now.

My memory of the PS2 game is hazy, but this version doesn't seem to have changed much?

That's not a criticism

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Zolgar

1,923. Posted:

Is PS+ worth it? I heard you get some free games, but do you get to keep those games, or is it only for that month, then they change during the next month?

Bankai wrote:

@Bankai
Soul Sacrifice will sell Vitas. Guaranteed.

Yes. It will. I just got done playing the (japanese) demo and boy is it stunning. I can only understand every other fifth word in japanese, so no clue what was going on but the combat was super fun and the visuals were pretty great.

Edited on by Zolgar

3DS FC: 3754 - 7518 - 4293
STEAM: Thumbtack Jake
Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

1,924. Posted:

The Vita is such an overlooked system. I own it and it is like taking a home console on the go. The price is what drives people away and Sony really needs to adjust that.

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

1,925. Posted:

Zolgar wrote:

Is PS+ worth it? I heard you get some free games, but do you get to keep those games, or is it only for that month, then they change during the next month?

You keep all the PS plus games as long as you remain a PS plus subscriber.

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Zolgar

1,926. Posted:

Jamouse wrote:

Zolgar wrote:

You keep all the PS plus games as long as you remain a PS plus subscriber.

Oh that is wins. Man, between getting Persona 4, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Valkyria Chronicles II, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Legend of Dragoon, and now free PS+ games I'm going to have so much backlog on a system I've had for barely a week.

EDIT: Are there any PS+ games for the Vita that need to be DL'd from a PS3 first then transferred over?

Edited on by Zolgar

Case: CM 932 HAF Advance - Mobo: Gigabyte P67X - GPU: GTX680 - CPU: Intel i5 3570k - RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance - PSU: Corsair TX750v2 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB - HDD: WD Black 2TB - OS: Win7 x64 Pro

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,927. Posted:

No. All games that can be played on the Vita can be downloaded on the Vita.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Zolgar

1,928. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

No. All games that can be played on the Vita can be downloaded on the Vita.

Right on :D Just making sure, because I had to do that for Valkyria Chronicles II and Legend of Dragoon.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,929. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

The Vita is such an overlooked system. I own it and it is like taking a home console on the go. The price is what drives people away and Sony really needs to adjust that.

Sony just needs to get people to play the thing. For what you get the current price is completely reasonable.

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,930. Posted:

It'll be interesting to see the figures from the sales this week in Japan. Wonder if it will outsell everything for the week.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,931. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Sony just needs to get people to play the thing. For what you get the current price is completely reasonable.

Yeah but for that same price you could get a 3DS and some games or a Nexus 7.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Zolgar

1,932. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Hopefully Soul Sacrifice and other upcoming titles sell some systems. It is truly quite the amazing portable console, it just needs a 'system seller' or two.

I think (at least, this was an issue for me) one of the biggest things that keep people away is the price of their proprietary SD cards. $100 for 32GB is absolutely unreasonable. And, you pretty much have to have it (I don't think I could make use with any less than 16GB, which is still $60) if you plan on purchasing lots of content digitally. Now, I understand that their proprietary SD cards are smaller and specifically made for Vita function, so that probably drives up the cost. Never the less, you can get a 3DSXL ($200) and a 32GB SD card ($30 at my local best buy and staples) for $120 less than the price of a Vita and a 32GB Sony SD card.

Speaking of Best Buy, they have the 32GB SD cards for the Vita on sale for $75 if anyone's interested. Still not super cheap, but $75 is a bit better than $100 at least. :)

EDIT: AAAAAAANNNNND... I just saw the Japanese Soul Sacrifice red PS Vita. That thing looks smexy as hell.

EDIT 2: Just watched some gameplay of God Eater 2. That looks like it's going to be pretty awesome. I haven't played Burst yet so I think I may pick that up. God Eater 2 will hit PSP as will as Vita. I've only seen the Vita gameplay so no idea what it looks like on PSP, but the visuals on the Vita look incredible.

Edited on by Zolgar

AuthorMessage

Zolgar

1,933. Posted:

Do I have to go somewhere special for my PS+ downloads? Like, do they show up in a list, or do I have to find each individual title?

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,934. Posted:

Zolgar wrote:

Do I have to go somewhere special for my PS+ downloads? Like, do they show up in a list, or do I have to find each individual title?

In the PlayStation Store, under "Latest" there should be a PS+ Icon that you can tap on.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,935. Posted:

Zolgar wrote:

In the PlayStation Store, under "Latest" there should be a PS+ Icon that you can tap on.

AuthorMessage

ilovegaming

1,936. Posted:

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Very overlooked indeed. I still can't believe that Rayman Origins and NFS Most Wanted make me feel like I'm carrying a portable PS3 with me.

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,937. Posted:

This week of Vita Anniversary stuff is insane. Even Disgaea 3 is available for free starting tomorrow. That's like giving away free crack! That should be illegal. :P

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,938. Posted:

Yet more proof that the Vita is a horribly underrated console.

They are GIVING AWAY JRPGS that last for literally HUNDREDS of hours.

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

1,939. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
That's for PS plus only right?

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Zolgar

1,940. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

This week of Vita Anniversary stuff is insane. Even Disgaea 3 is available for free starting tomorrow. That's like giving away free crack! That should be illegal. :P

Disgaea 3 AND...

Launching PS Vita has been a fun journey for us so far, and we’re excited about the many new things we have in store for you this year, including immersive and unique games like Killzone: Mercenary and Tearaway. In addition, we’ll be bringing you new ways to interact with your friends as seen in our recently announced Friend Network.

To continue the celebration this week, we’re pleased to offer a special gift for PS Vita owners—by giving away four classic games for free exclusively in the PlayStation Vita Store! In addition, you’ll also find a brand new set of downloadable PS Vita games on sale at a great discount. The promotion starts tomorrow and runs through March 11th.

Here are the free games we’re giving away for PS Vita:

Wild Arms (PS one Classic)
Patapon (PSP)
Piyotama (PSP)
Patchwork Heroes (PSP)

I'm so glad I got my Vita :D (and PS+, tons of games for the ridiculously low price of $4.16/month - $50/year). I couldn't possibly be happier with my purchase.

Edited on by Zolgar