Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,841 to 1,860 of 2,629

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

1,841. Posted:

I'm talking about making sure something has quality, for instance, a game like ninja bread man might fit your tastes perfectly but you look a review here on Nlife to see if the execution is as good as it looks, you see it's not something that has any quality to it so you decide not to buy and avoid waisting money on it.

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

irken004

1,842. Posted:

How is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the Vita (or psp for that matter)? I hear it's more difficult than Tri, but the right-stick on the Vita will aid with camera controls.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nibelilt

1,843. Posted:

My current PSP1000 really pains me if I play for even fifteen minutes. The analog is far too small and bumpy, while the D-Pad is so large it's slippy. It's a miracle I even managed to 120/100/117% the Spyro trilogy and beat the Crash trilogy on it, but my actually-related-to-the-topic question is, would it be worth it to jump right into a Vita? I've already tried one and I find it much more comfortable, and it's sort of redundant to get, say, the Go since that exists now. But if it's not a massive thing, I'd rather go for a cheaper version. I do plan to play a couple of Vita games.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

1,844. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

My current PSP1000 really pains me if I play for even fifteen minutes. The analog is far too small and bumpy, while the D-Pad is so large it's slippy. It's a miracle I even managed to 120/100/117% the Spyro trilogy and beat the Crash trilogy on it, but my actually-related-to-the-topic question is, would it be worth it to jump right into a Vita? I've already tried one and I find it much more comfortable, and it's sort of redundant to get, say, the Go since that exists now. But if it's not a massive thing, I'd rather go for a cheaper version. I do plan to play a couple of Vita games.

If you like games, the Vita is essential.

That is really all I have to say on the matter.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

1,845. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

How is Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the Vita (or psp for that matter)? I hear it's more difficult than Tri, but the right-stick on the Vita will aid with camera controls.

It's been a long time since I've played it on the PSP, but yeah, it's really tough - in a good way though. Vita now has a new functionality that allows you to remap the controls (and touchscreen) to your liking. This means that you can assign the right joystick the L and R buttons functionality - it's a brilliantly simple thing to do, but good night does it work wonders with PSP games, when you have decent camera controls. I've been dumping a lot of time in with Persona 3 Portable - insanely awesome game - and having dual analogue controls while in the dungeons is much more comfortable than the L/R alternative.

It's been a few months now, but I recently spent $699 for an iPad 4, with its awesome power and Retina display. I love the things, but I'm still playing my Vita everyday. I'm fully planning on playing both the PSP GTA titles (and other PSP games that didn't work well without dual analogue controls) and I still haven't gotten to half of the Vita titles already yet. It's a fantastic system with a load of great games; it's a shame that it hasn't fully taken off the ground yet. It is selling better though; it sold just over 50k units last week, which is equal to what the Wii U did, so maybe it will continue this trend going forward.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Knux

1,846. Posted:

People seem to forget that the Vita is doing better than the PSP did in it's early years. Just give the Vita time, and it will be just as popular as the PS3 and PSP are now if not more so.

There are loads of great games on the Vita both exclusive and non-exclusive. Anyone who says that the Vita has no games need to get their facts straight. And speaking of games, I hope Soul Sacrifice gets released over here in NA...because it looks amazing.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

1,847. Posted:

Knux wrote:

People seem to forget that the Vita is doing better than the PSP did in it's early years.

This surprises me since I remember a lot of hype from everywhere about PSP being the real hot new item to get for a year or so and then most people seemingly forgot about it. In my experience at least.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,848. Posted:

My experience as well. I think the problem was that it was the same as the DS' - it had a not-so-great at launch (though Lumines, Ape Escape, Darkstalkers, and Wipeout Pure were all really good titles), and it took a little over a year for the amazing titles like Daxter and Syphon Filter Dark Mirror to come out.

In fact, I'm looking at the PSP's early line-up versus the Vita's...the Vita's doing well in the games department. We got a lot of kick-A stuff. The PSP had, in North America, only about 15 games I'd personally consider good in its first year or so. The Vita has good games in over half of its line-up from my perspective, with a handful of amazing games as well. I think the Vita will have a promising future if it can keep this up.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

1,849. Posted:

The PSP was a nightmare at launch. I bought it day one and I went through three until in three days, because of pixels burning out. The games we're good at best, with nothing that made the high cost to purchase the console worth it. Heck, the best game within the first year was Untold Legends, but on the original PSP 1000 model, the screen blurring was so bad that it gave you headaches trying to play it. I hated the thing and sold my original model off in a little over a year's time.

I jumped back into the game well after the PSP 2000 was on the market and the price of memory cards had fallen substantially. The system had quite a few better games and the console was much better than the launch version. But, it wasn't until the PSP was thought to be practically dead when God of War breathed life into the ailing portable and it just exploded thereafter. This is also why Vita is such a good console, because these games are cheap to download nowadays and they play brilliantly on the Vita. People that claim that Vita has no games - I literally laugh and keep on walking away.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

1,850. Posted:

Knux wrote:

People seem to forget that the Vita is doing better than the PSP did in it's early years.

In terms of games? Heck yes. In terms of sales numbers? Heck no. The PSP by it's third quarter had bigger sales numbers than the Vita does currently.
Untitled
Now, according to vgChartz, the Vita is at about 4 million shipped (an overestimate, of course, but even at the most positive thinking level the system isn't doing nearly as well as the PSP) The fact that this image still applies kind of shows how bad things are for Sony right now.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

1,851. Posted:

@moomoo The last numbers that I saw put the Vita at 4.4 million worldwide, so their numbers aren't overestimated.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

1,852. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

@moomoo The last numbers that I saw put the Vita at 4.4 million worldwide, so their numbers aren't overestimated.

Source? Are we talking shipped or sold?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

1,853. Posted:

Well here's some good news for the system. Famitsu held a poll on which game systems their plan to purchase this year, and here are the results:

PS Vita - 64.0%
3DS - 48.2%
Wii U - 33.8% PS3 - 25.2%
PC - 14.4%
Xbox 360 - 10.6%
Smartphone - 10.0%
PSP - 9.6%
Wii - 9.0% iPad - 7.0%
DSi/DSiLL - 5.2% iPhone - 5.0%
iPod Touch - 4.0%
Other - 2.4%
Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=194575

Now, this is a Famitsu poll, so many of their readers likely already own a 3DS, and it doesnt' represent the entire gaming population of Japan, but this is still fantastic news for the system. I hope that turns into actual sales figures.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

1,854. Posted:

Yes, it is very good news for the Vita, considering the console hasn't even got a game for the Japanese audience yet.

Watch what happens once it does.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

1,855. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Yes, it is very good news for the Vita, considering the console hasn't even got a game for the Japanese audience yet.

Watch what happens once it does.

Well, there are a few games. Ys IV reinvisioning and Soul Sacrifice come to mind. But yeah, nothing on the level of Moster Hunter. Still, if over 1/2 of people in a survey plan to purchase it, that's a definite plus.

Also, I find it hilarious how the story is getting downvoted so badly on gonintendo. Nearly half the people plan on purchasing a 3DS (after the thing has outsold the Vita nearly 10 to 1 in the territory) and about a 3rd plan on getting a Wii U. Fanboys will be fanboys :p

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrimsonFire

1,856. Posted:

Does TearAway have a Release day yet?

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,857. Posted:

^No, just 2013.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Supermarioman

1,858. Posted:

Hey guys. I was wondering about something. I just bought my friends Vita for $150 with 4 games: Uncharted, Resistance, Metal Gear, and Unit 13, paying $60 today and paying the rest off as I can. My thing is that at a certain point he went to digital and he's got 3 full games on the memory card: Little Big Planet, Playstation All-Stars, and Call of Duty. I'm interested in all 3 to whatever extent, but I would like to link my PSN account I use for PS3 to the Vita and really play on the Vita as my own console rather than another persons. So my questions is should I format it or not?

Supermarioman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

1,859. Posted:

Supermarioman wrote:

Hey guys. I was wondering about something. I just bought my friends Vita for $150 with 4 games: Uncharted, Resistance, Metal Gear, and Unit 13, paying $60 today and paying the rest off as I can. My thing is that at a certain point he went to digital and he's got 3 full games on the memory card: Little Big Planet, Playstation All-Stars, and Call of Duty. I'm interested in all 3 to whatever extent, but I would like to link my PSN account I use for PS3 to the Vita and really play on the Vita as my own console rather than another persons. So my questions is should I format it or not?

No. The moment you format it and stick your own PSN account in there is the moment you'll lose access to all three games.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Supermarioman

1,860. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Supermarioman wrote:

Hey guys. I was wondering about something. I just bought my friends Vita for $150 with 4 games: Uncharted, Resistance, Metal Gear, and Unit 13, paying $60 today and paying the rest off as I can. My thing is that at a certain point he went to digital and he's got 3 full games on the memory card: Little Big Planet, Playstation All-Stars, and Call of Duty. I'm interested in all 3 to whatever extent, but I would like to link my PSN account I use for PS3 to the Vita and really play on the Vita as my own console rather than another persons. So my questions is should I format it or not?

No. The moment you format it and stick your own PSN account in there is the moment you'll lose access to all three games.

I realize that, but I'm asking if that is what I should do just to get my own account on their. Lose all of his stuff to have it personal or play it all on his account...

Supermarioman