Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 181 to 200 of 2,856

AuthorMessage

Neonpowerstar

181. Posted:

According to this article, the PS Vita will have an embedded battery, meaning you can't take it out or change it (scroll down to the bottom of the article.)
This is bad news, since all batteries wear down over time; the battery had better be really hard-wearing or it won't last very long, especially with the already short battery life out of the box. What do you make of this?

If the 3DS has not been discontinued SM3DL and MK7 are awesome games, but if the 3DS has been discontinued Sony has taken over the world.It is not true that both Sony has taken over the world and SM3DL and MK7 are not awesome games.Therefore:Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are awesome games.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

182. Posted:

It's funny how people point fingers. It just looks like we have hypocrites here.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

183. Posted:

@Corbs - Did you get to play Little Big Planet, if so, impressions?

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

184. Posted:

@ImDiggerDan

Is it the same team that worked on LBP PSP? Because although I did enjoy the game, I did not like how it crashed in creating levels. I would hate it when I spent so much time making a level, only to find out that I can never load it up anymore. It's like you have to pray every time you try to open a level you worked on. And now, the team isn't even bothering with fixing the bugs any more and that's just crazy- make sure you release a game without bugs and you won't have to worry about patching them up (especially if it's a major one).

I would hope LBP Vita is going smoothly and won't seem rushed and buggy like LBP PSP.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

SigourneyBeaver

185. Posted:

Can't believe how expensive this is. 3DS went up for pre-order at a similar price but was soon lowered by the shops closer to launch. I can only hope this is a similar strategy to new games that are dropped in price a bit shortly after launch. £230 for a handheld is stupid. PSP pushed it at £180 and DSi/XL were fairly costly for a Nintendo handheld at £150 ish. 3DS I paid roughly £195 for and is the most expensive handheld I've bought yet. I really hope NGP isn't £230.

Sigourney Beaver.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

186. Posted:

It's going for about 180 GBP last I checked. edit: Or was it 220, I can't remember. Depends on which conversion rate they use.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SigourneyBeaver

187. Posted:

GAME have it for £230 and £280. Shocking.

Sigourney Beaver.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

188. Posted:

I may be completely wrong but a lot of the game library seems to be "hey let's put handheld versions that look exactly the same as the console versions". On one hand that's really cool, on the other hand that just makes me want to get a PS3 instead, as those versions are probably better games. I mean, I think 3DS has this problem in a way too and I can't say I know too much about the Sony series but I can at least tell the difference with 3DS games vs. Wii games. Even with some of the more questionable examples. 3DS REs is like recent RE, but at the very least outside of a port years ago the Nintendo REs have been rail shooters. Another 3D Mario but at least it seems to be a compromise of 2D and 3D (at least at times) instead of 3D Mario with occasional 2D segments and it has a couple of things that don't make me think of other 3D Marios. Another 3D Zelda in the same year as a 3D Zelda but at least that's a remake of a game from over a decade ago. Sure, I see the issue with that too but outside of some quickly shown use of touch screen, I haven't seen anything that makes the new Uncharted or LBP remotely different or even look different from previous games. And considering the quality of the graphics, that might be on purpose, y'know it's "it's a new PS3 sequel but this time on a handheld!" But it just seems like a bad idea to try to blow people away on a handheld game the same way you would a console game. Take a recent example Okamiden. That game is almost certainly better than a 3D game like it has any right to be on DS but even considering that it isn't as good as the original. Also, like the Nintendo conference (although...Sony did better than Nintendo with new/newer IPs), lack of original games on the new system given any hype or even mention. And I know they exist, they just ignore them because "sequels sequels derpy derp". Really dissappointing as those original games were the highlight of the NGP video from a while ago, and if I wasn't already getting a 3DS, would have helped a lot to convince me to get this.

I know this is an odd rant and the games will likely still be great but this just really annoys me. Sure the system will be cool and hopefully this will be some good competition for Nintendo so that 3DS keeps having great game after great game and vice versa.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

189. Posted:

@komicturtle92 - Definitely not the same team that developed LBP for PSP. That was developed internally by Sony's Cambridge Studio, this one is being developed by Double 11, although a lot of websites seem to incorrectly assume it's Media Molecule doing the work.

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

190. Posted:

@DiggerDan

Ah, thanks. Really nice to know.

I do know that Media Molecule had some involvement with the PSP version but I guess you can call Cambridge the main developer behind LBP PSP. I can't wait to try out LBP Vita. It's very promising.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

191. Posted:

@Corbs Dude, I'm so jealous! I can't wait to try this thing out myself. The backside touch-screens will add the extra two buttons missing on the PSP and needed for shooters, and with the dual-analog support as well, we will be getting true FPS/TPS console titles, but portable! I can't wait. :D

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

melechofsin

192. Posted:

Not excited about this console one bit. It's very strange that Sony thinks there's a market for a portable console like this, when they're also releasing a cellphone and tablets, which will support Sony games as well. Backward touch screen is the most awkard and uncomfortable thing I could ever imagine. And console experience on the go? So why should people buy the PS3 then? They're competing with themselves. Are they expecting people to buy two copies of the same game in the future? What is their plan exactly? Don't know.

I suspect this will do well in Japan with some of the commercial games that Square or Capcom make (not money for Sony), and the price will help in the U.S. but not by much.

This is an instance where Nintendo trumps Sony. 3D > 2D. If it's a gimmick, then HD is a gimmick too. I can't go back to playing portable games in 2D now, unless it's some oldie. And if I do, I'll probably play on an IPAD or something, which will give a better experience, bigger screen. The price is an issue but I can see Nintendo bundling their 3DS with that awesome Mario Kart or something and destroy Sony here. Bad move Sony, but nothing new under the sun.

melechofsin

AuthorMessage

Raptor78

193. Posted:

I was interested to see it in action and I feel a bit "meh!" about it now. It seems too similar to the ipads with buttons which is a bonus but it just didnt catch me. Mabey its down to the IP's that are on it, I didnt get the 3DS for the 3D effect. Infact it is off most of the time but I am really happy with my 3DS experience. Mabey if Sony had got this out at the same time or even a bit before with a couple of games I had wanted then mabey I would have been interested but I find the Streetpass, the Spotpass functions, being able to search the internet, contact friends and make notes on the fly mid game and being able to go back to the game really usefull and im happy with the titles I have picked up sofar so it doesnt really matter to me about them costing the same, infact I would want it significantly less to appeal to me which wouldnt benefit Sony as I expect them to be losing quiet a bit off money on each hardware sale to begin with.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

AuthorMessage

TitanBryan

194. Posted:

Yes, I admit the vita is better but it will never have the fans or games like the 3ds has! It has Mario,Zelda, metroid, etc what does sony have?????????????

I know Mario personally as I caught him in a pokeball!
3ds Friend code; 1934 0713 8215
PSN ID: TitanBryan
Follow me on twitter to support Pokemon Hoenn remake!!!!

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

195. Posted:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

Yes, I admit the vita is better but it will never have the fans... like the 3ds has!

i somehow get the feeling that's not gonna be a big issue for Sony :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

y2josh

196. Posted:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

Yes, I admit the vita is better but it will never have the fans or games like the 3ds has! It has Mario,Zelda, metroid, etc what does sony have?????????????

Uncharted, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet, Jak and Daxter, Resistance, inFamous.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

Corbs

197. Posted:

And don't forget Hot Shots Golf! :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

198. Posted:

And Wipeout.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

y2josh

199. Posted:

Sorry to leave that one out, Corbs. Their are even more than that not listed above too :D

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

TitanBryan

200. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

Bmagwood769 wrote:

Uncharted, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, Twisted Metal, LittleBigPlanet, Jak and Daxter, Resistance, inFamous.

I have never heard of any of those games only little big planet. The reason why nintendo always wins is not because of graphics. they hardly mean any thing it the fun of playing games. When I play me PSP I think good graphics but the games has no life(boring). But when I play my DSi I feel colour, happiness and joy. I love the first party games!!
The 3ds will kick off at christmas selling loads£££££££££. Everyone in my school has one, me do streetpass everyday. It is uncool to not have a 3ds. To be honest I only know one person with a PSP other than myself!

I know Mario personally as I caught him in a pokeball!
3ds Friend code; 1934 0713 8215
PSN ID: TitanBryan
Follow me on twitter to support Pokemon Hoenn remake!!!!