Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,761 to 1,780 of 2,912

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,761. Posted:

Actually, we usually get most of the Major Tales of games, which this is. Tales of Hearts was a Mothership game on the DS, and it was actually really great from a gameplay perspective, and one that's actually in fairly high demand. So long as this sells well, we'll get it. It also helps that there's very little competition on the Vita.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

1,762. Posted:

Dunno about that. Weren't there 1 or 2 'Tales of' remakes for the PSP? We never got those. I really wanted Radiant Mythology 2 (and I think there's a 3rd) and we didn't get those either. Yeah they weren't main titles but still, I was sooo angry. I'm sad now.

Well we'll see if this Vita one comes out here.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,763. Posted:

Donjwolf wrote:

Dunno about that. Weren't there 1 or 2 'Tales of' remakes for the PSP? We never got those. I really wanted Radiant Mythology 2 (and I think there's a 3rd) and we didn't get those either. Yeah they weren't main titles but still, was sooo angry. I'm sad now.

Well we'll see if this Vita one comes out here.

There are zillions of Tales Ports, but they didn't start bringing those over until recently with Tales of the Abyss 3D and Tales of Graces f. And the Tales of Mythology games were poorly receieved over here, so of course we wouldn't get the rest of those. Really, I'd be very surprised if we didn't get Tales of Hearts R. What reason do they have to remake it than to release it out west? It sold plenty on the DS.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,764. Posted:

Corpse Party was $9.99 over the weekend. Hopefully it still is. I downloaded it and have it waiting to install and play (if I can pry myself away from Guild Wars 2 for more than 5 seconds. Stupid Halloween event... )

edit: on sale until November 6th.

Edited on by Magi

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

cheapogamer4life

1,765. Posted:

Will this work?
I traded in my ps3 and 3g Vita for the AC:L Vita that comes out tomorrow. My original 8gb card is just about full with games, videos and pictures. Is the Vita system able to copy those files to a computer and then transfer them on to a new Vita memory card? Really the most important thing to me is the pictures and videos as I'm almost certain that I'll have to download those psn games over again.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,766. Posted:

Sadly, my Ragnarok Odyssey Mercenary Ed. preorder did not get fulfilled by NewEgg. They are now claiming they are out of stock on both the Merc edition and the standard edition. So much for a $12 discount and free shipping. :( They don't have any idea on when they'll be getting stocked either.

I guess I can't complain too much though. Guild Wars 2 is gulping down all of my game time, especially with the Halloween content.

edit: Is anyone having trouble posting on PushSquare? The main page shows that I'm logged in, but when I go to the forum it won't allow me to post because it thinks I'm not logged in (even after clearing cookies/cache and logging in).
edit2: yay, I think it's fixed!

Edited on by Magi

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,767. Posted:

@Magi - Yeah, happens all the time. I've talked to TBD about it, and they know about it, but it seems they haven't figured it all out yet.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,768. Posted:

Jon_Talbain wrote:

@Magi - Yeah, happens all the time. I've talked to TBD about it, and they know about it, but it seems they haven't figured it all out yet.

Seems to be fixed for me now.

I also just received an e-mail from NewEgg that says they're shipping Ragnarok after all. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,769. Posted:

Please post your impressions, Maggy!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,770. Posted:

lol oops http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-...

I'm guessing all this game will not be a system seller this holiday season. All those poor Vita/CoD bundles :(

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,771. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

lol oops http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/call-of-duty-...

I'm guessing all this game will not be a system seller this holiday season. All those poor Vita/CoD bundles :(

Just the sheer fact that it has "Call of Duty" on the box may be enough.

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

1,772. Posted:

I wonder how much longer the ps vita is going to be around it seems to be surviving on the Sony name alone if this was a neo geo pocket or an atari lynx which have actually sold more but died as quick as they appeared then the ps vita technically shouldn't be around much longer.

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,773. Posted:

@PinkSpider Well, to be fair, Sony is in a better financial position than Atari or the manufacturer of Neo Geo, so the Vita will probably stay around for a bit longer. Still, Sony isn't exactly doing well, and 3rd parties really don't seem to want to make games for it. Since the install base is smaller than the 3DS and the games are more expensive to produce, it really hinders any games from being made. When Japan, the country where portable gaming is the most present, is buying the system at the low numbers it's at, that's not good. Seriously, the 3DS just outsold the Vita 47-1 this week. It's like Japan just doesn't want to touch it, and that's the place where the system should theoretically have the biggest install base.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

1,774. Posted:

@Moomoo thanks for a positive response i expected some abuse for my comment, knowing what people are like sometimes.
Like you say its not even selling in Japan which is a shock as they are normally the country thats keeps games consoles and portables alive.

I reckon if the Vita continues to go the way its going it will probably only be around for a couple more years, heck the psp is out selling it i read.
I think the problem with the vita is its trying to be a game console and not a portable, the 3ds is flourishing because of its pick up and play games
yet it still has some big console like experiences but they work.

Also the problem with the vita is SONY they really should just have made the vita so you can use sd cards for memory. 100 pound for a sony memory card is unexceptable

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,775. Posted:

I jumped on the Vita bandwagon early and while I don't regret it because I think it has a lot of good games, I'd also say that maybe I should've waited. I got sucked in by the hype because I was a big fan of the PSP and the system had an Uncharted game on day one. Facts are facts though and at this rate I give the system one more year, probably less. No third party support, putrid sales of both hardware and software. It's a dead platform at this point and part of the problem is Sony not knowing how to transition. The other part is they simply don't know how to read the handheld market like Nintendo does. There is a reason Nintendo has been the undisputed king in handheld gaming since they entered it with the original Gameboy all those years ago.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,776. Posted:

You know why else you should have waited? This: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/11/this_playstation_vita_...
That is definitely the best deal of black friday, and it's online, no less. At the amount of content with that, (8 games, although with some loopholes) it's hard to feel ripped off even if the system lasts a short amount of time, which is looking like it could happen, what with how horribly it's doing in Japan.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

1,777. Posted:

Origin was having a big Black Friday sale over the weekend and I snagged NfS: MW (physical copy) for $20 (+ shipping and tax so it's actually $25). Whooo!! It's to be my (early) Christmas present.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,778. Posted:

Now that I'm back and stuff - how flippin' awesome is Assassin's Creed Liberation? Aveline is my favourite AC character now.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

1,779. Posted:

I got the Assassin's Creed Liberation Vita bundle Amazon was selling this past black friday!
I knew it was worth waiting to get a vita, it was an awesome deal. I won't open it until christmas though.

So, the game's good? Glad to know.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,780. Posted:

Morphtroid wrote:

I got the Assassin's Creed Liberation Vita bundle Amazon was selling this past black friday!
I knew it was worth waiting to get a vita, it was an awesome deal. I won't open it until christmas though.

So, the game's good? Glad to know.

Yup yup.

Though I'll not lie, the French accent helped it a lot.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)