Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,741 to 1,760 of 2,629

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

1,741. Posted:

New Little King's Story is probably the overal best game for the system, I say that anyone giving it a low score is a total ignorant and a ruin as a reviewer, period.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,742. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

I haven't tried the Silent Hill: Book of Memories demo yet, and even then it's not the full game, so I won't say whether it's shaping up to be good or bad for what it is. However, when you slap 'Silent Hill' on the box it better play like Silent Hill. That's a huge part of the reason some people hated RE 5 and even more hate RE 6 and you can't really blame them.

Yes! Just like how Mario Golf has Mario in the title and it totally plays like Mario Galaxy.

What a ridiculous argument. "you can't be innovative because of the name."

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

1,743. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

I haven't tried the Silent Hill: Book of Memories demo yet, and even then it's not the full game, so I won't say whether it's shaping up to be good or bad for what it is. However, when you slap 'Silent Hill' on the box it better play like Silent Hill. That's a huge part of the reason some people hated RE 5 and even more hate RE 6 and you can't really blame them.

Yes! Just like how Mario Golf has Mario in the title and it totally plays like Mario Galaxy.

Mario is a character - surprisingly enough he appears in both games.
Silent Hill is a specific game franchise. They can be innovative, but people will of course complain when basic fundamental gameplay elements are different. People expect the games to be like the last ones. That's not necessarily the right way to think - but it's not a ridiculous argument.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,744. Posted:

Geonjaha wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Mario is a character - surprisingly enough he appears in both games.
Silent Hill is a specific game franchise. They can be innovative, but people will of course complain when basic fundamental gameplay elements are different. People expect the games to be like the last ones. That's not necessarily the right way to think - but it's not a ridiculous argument.

Mario is also a franchise/ brand. Just like how Mickey Mouse is both a character, and a brand.

And any argument that "game XXXX sucks" before someone has played it "because it's different," is ridiculous. Because it's an argument that makes the assumption that different is bad, and that's just patently incorrect.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,745. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

That's a huge part of the reason some people hated RE 5 and even more hate RE 6 and you can't really blame them.

The problem is that RE5 was literally RE4 but designed as the wrong type of action game, and without half of the quality in general and RE6 is apparently the most blatantly marketing team controlled, generic action crap Capcom could make...and also a poor, poor man's version of RE4. RE4 was great and yes, RE4 haters are also silly. Kinda like what I've said about Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts. I was genuinely looking forward to that game and even blasted people who were whiny about it not being a platormer. But no, Nuts and Bolts is a mediocre game simply because it is a mediocre game. A gorgeous looking game, but mediocre.

now granted, I'm not gonna deny the difficulties of change for a series, but if it actually works out, it was likely completely worth it. And while I genuinely hate the direction Final Fantasy has taken since X (XII aside), I'll give them credit for not making the same game again and again and again.

One of the main things I've usually appreciated about Nintendo is that while their sequels often don't radically change, they change just enough so that you don't feel like it's just retreading the same ground over and over again. They tend to have a good balance between old and new. Granted lately they've been leaning either too samey (every Mario game in the past year or so except Mario Party 9) or too many poorly thought out changes (Other M, Mario Party 9)...

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,746. Posted:

Even PushSquare's review of LKS was too harsh IMO, but I never liked the original, so it's hard for me to say much on that.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,747. Posted:

Jon_Talbain wrote:

Even PushSquare's review of LKS was too harsh IMO, but I never liked the original, so it's hard for me to say much on that.

With the sole exception of the frame rate, none of PushSquare's complaints about LKS are in any way fair.

I didn't get lost once playing the game, I played it with the camera zoomed right in because it looks great and I didn't need to see any further ahead of me, really, and not once did I have trouble aiming. There's a line guide that points exactly where you're going to "throw" your characters.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,748. Posted:

wait how do you get lost in Little King's Story? Like...I guess the 2nd time the world opens up at first it can be a bit confusing? And some of the weird side stuff maybe?

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,749. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

wait how do you get lost in Little King's Story? Like...I guess the 2nd time the world opens up at first it can be a bit confusing? And some of the weird side stuff maybe?

It definitely happened to me. Maybe I wasn't paying too much attention, but the game should have tried to offer a way for me to know where to go if I forgot. Then again, I wasn't a big fan of LKS, so I didn't have much motivation to find out. My brother, on the other hand, loved it, so different strokes I guess. Maybe I just didn't play it long enough, but hey, I wanted to play other stuff.

A review is supposed to be a reflection of the quality of a game based on the reviewer's experience with it. Clearly many people didn't think of it as highly as others. Oh, and 6/10 is not a bad score, guys. When a movie gets 3/5 stars, it's the exact same thing, and that's a positive review in that light. Games are supposed to be reviewed with the same criteria; it's just that there are a lot more good games than movies, so the only reason 6/10 is regarded as bad is because the people who read it deem it as sucking, not the reviewer, and choose to get other things over it because games are more expensive.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,750. Posted:

So I just started seeing reviews for FIFA 13 on Vita. Apperently it had the same thing happen to it as the Wii version.

You suck, EA.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Markoss4

1,751. Posted:

ill get the vita on christmas no matter wat

3ds Fc:1590 5020 9222

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,752. Posted:

@Markoss4 Don't say that. There must be something you can do.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,753. Posted:

@Markoss4 What do you plan on getting for it?
I can't speak for Persona 4: The Golden as a Vita game, but it is one of the best games I've ever played on the PS2. Knowing Atlus, it's probably going to be pretty top-notch, at least if P3P was any indication.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,754. Posted:

I will say, Assassin's Creed + the new Little Big Planet could help a ton for Vita. I mean, Assassin's Creed 3 is pretty inevitably going to be huge, even compared to previous games in the series, and the Vita game could use the likely increased popularity to convince people Vita is a system they need own. Just a thought.

also BUY GRAVITY RUSH AND NEW LITTLE KING'S STORY

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,755. Posted:

I'm going to try to buy New Little King's Story and Persona 4: The Golden sometime soon. Next time on the PSN, I'll also download Retro City Rampage.

One last thing...WHY HASN'T NO ONE MENTIONED ZERO ESCAPE!? I should slap the hell out of all of you! :O

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,756. Posted:

Knux wrote:

I'm going to try to buy New Little King's Story and Persona 4: The Golden sometime soon. Next time on the PSN, I'll also download Retro City Rampage.

One last thing...WHY HASN'T NO ONE MENTIONED ZERO ESCAPE!? I should slap the hell out of all of you! :O

Most people on this site are probably getting it on 3DS, since most of them actually have one. It's a Nintendo site, it's to be expected.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,757. Posted:

also I want to play 999 first

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,758. Posted:

I can't find the Mother F***ing Tales thread, so I'll post it here and on Pushsquare:

Tales of Hearts R has just been announced. This means that the Vita is getting another RPG, something that's rare even in Japan. It will now have fully 3D graphics (:() and a new character, along with new events and full voice acting.

For those not in the know, this was the only good Tales game not released in the US. (well, second depending on what you think of Rebirth) Hopefully it'll get a US announcement after its released in Japan in Spring 2013.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,759. Posted:

@Jon_Talbain That's good news. Here's hoping it comes to the west.
Still would have prefered a new game, but whatever.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Donjwolf

1,760. Posted:

Never played that game but chances are it will remain in Japan just like most of their other 'Tales of...' games. I'm not keeping my hopes up. Um, is this originally a Wii game or a DS game? Last I heard, the DS games were horrible and none of those left Japan.

Edited on by Donjwolf

Donjwolf