Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,681 to 1,700 of 2,923

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,681. Posted:

ocarinaoftime wrote:

Wish i had a psvita....i had a 3ds and it was just ok ... hopefully ill get a vita soon...

I'll cross my fingers for ya. :)

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,682. Posted:

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/26/3414328/phantasy-sta...
Ooh.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,683. Posted:

Hah.

Vita sucks alright.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,684. Posted:

What are you taking about? That's awes-OH YOU'RE USING SARCASM. ...

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,685. Posted:

I've got to be honest, that is really cool.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,686. Posted:

Forget Phantasy Star. THIS is awesome

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/tendou/vita/

Nobunaga's Ambition on the way to Vita. Japan-only, no doubt :(

Edit: take it back, it has been released. Time to borrow the wife's Japanese credit card.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,687. Posted:

So, uh, Silent Hill Book of Memories demo.

Sorry, 3DS, but Vita totally just out-exclusived you.

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,688. Posted:

I heard on IGN that Rainbow Moon & Earth Defense Force are going to be hitting the Vita in the U.S.

I don't have a Vita, but I figured I'd mention it here, in case you guys didn't know :)

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,689. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

So, uh, Silent Hill Book of Memories demo.

Sorry, 3DS, but Vita totally just out-exclusived you.

How does it compare to Killzone: Liberation on PSP? I wasn't too hot on that game, and it seems similar, but this one is by Wayforward.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,690. Posted:

Rainbow Moon is the perfect game for Vita. I will happily buy it again.

How does it compare to Killzone: Liberation on PSP? I wasn't too hot on that game, and it seems similar, but this one is by Wayforward.

Not even close. This is more like a Diablo-style dungeon delve RPG, with a Silent Hill theme.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,691. Posted:

Little Kings Story is awesome ^_^

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,692. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

so...question No one seems to know if it's a remake or sequel or...both? What is it actually?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,693. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

so...question No one seems to know if it's a remake or sequel or...both? What is it actually?

I'm wondering this too. It looks more like a sequel, but I'm not sure.
And thanks for the info on Silent Hill. Diablo has never really been my thing, but it definitely looks interesting for what it is.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

1,694. Posted:

I've just started NLKS and it seems a mix of both, a remake and a sequel working together. So far it is fantastic.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,695. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WhiteKnight wrote:

It's a requel, lol.

There's a lot of stuff that is directly copied from the original game (level design, the order in which you do stuff/ enemies appear). But the story is new and there's new characters etc.

I would say it leans on the side of being a remake, but it's the cleverest disguised port I have ever seen.

Looks awesome, too. Love the updated art style.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,696. Posted:

So I've just finished reviewing Little King's Story - 4.5/5

Looking back at my reviews of Vita games - that console has a greater ratio of 4/5, 4.5/5 or 5/5 games compared to games that scored lower than any other console/ gaming device.

Either it's just a console that appeals to my gaming tastes and my gaming tastes alone, or it's a genuine case of quality > quantity.

AuthorMessage

Banker-Style

1,697. Posted:

I wouldn't mind a Vita,but there's nothing much on the handheld I've seen that I like,apart from Uncharted,Little Big Planet,Gravity Rush,and Silent Hill.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,698. Posted:

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

I wouldn't mind a Vita,but there's nothing much on the handheld I've seen that I like,apart from Uncharted,Little Big Planet,Gravity Rush,and Silent Hill.

If you like LBP, Sound Shapes is a must-own.
If you like Gravity Rush (or just like good games) then Little King's Story is essential.
Zen Pinball is another brilliant game, which I haven't put down in weeks.

So that's seven games straight off the bat, and by the time you work through those then there will be a bunch more.. Assuming there's not PSP or PSOne back catalogues you need to work through.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,699. Posted:

WhiteKnight wrote:

A-Hungry-Banker wrote:

If you like LBP, Sound Shapes is a must-own.
If you like Gravity Rush (or just like good games) then Little King's Story is essential.
Zen Pinball is another brilliant game, which I haven't put down in weeks.

So that's seven games straight off the bat, and by the time you work through those then there will be a bunch more.. Assuming there's not PSP or PSOne back catalogues you need to work through.

Sound Shapes is on PS3, Little King's Story is on Wii (which this user owns, and yes I understand it's more in the Requel realm of things), and Zen Pinball is on pretty much everything.

I understand I am being unfairly harsh to this device, but one cannot help but see a problem with the system's game library. I get that it's great to have games on a device, but if they're already available on another device (PS3) that is the same price (actually cheaper) but delivers a largely better experience (more comfortable controller, playing on a TV, access to local multiplayer, wired internet, etc.) it's hard for one to justify getting a Vita, especially when the target audience for the system is hardcore gamers (Sony users especially) who, because being hardcore gamers, have more devices on hand.

The Vita needs games that help craft its own identity, not games that, while good, are availble on other game platforms that provide a better experience. Nintendo portables got a ton of users from Pokemon, and PSP got a ton of regular users through Monster Hunter. One could argue that portabilty is great, but when considering that the vast majority of people aren't businessmen that regularly travel on planes, that argument dissipates.

I'm not trying to diss the system, per se, but I'm trying to evaluate why it isn't that compelling.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,700. Posted:

3ds has this issue to a point too considering Mario has dominated the successful titles leaving room for nothing else as successful (I don't think Kid Icarus has even sold a million despite being the system's killer app), most trying to blatantly be like previous Mario titles without enough worthwhile creativity (although granted, 3D Land is the only game to make worthwhile use of 3D). Not to mention the early large amount of remakes.

I say this because the inevitable bias rant is dumb and should be avoided at any cost.

if Vita somehow beats 3DS in sales, I hope it's because region-locking is bad and Nintendo should feel bad.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!