Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,621 to 1,640 of 2,823

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,621. Posted:

On a more positive note, here's the Killzone Mercenary Trailer:

It looks pretty sick. Gameplay is only shown in the last bit at 1:19, but what's there is mighty impressive. I find it odd that COD is coming out in a few months and looks like an outdated PS2 game while you have this looking amazing, and it's pretty far out.
I am hoping that they ditch the touch screen gimmics, though. I don't know anyone who actually likes that stuff.
@Firejonie: yeah Tearaway looks cool, but I'm not entirely sure what kind of game it is.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,622. Posted:

It looks like Killzone. Which sucks and has always sucked. Buy Gravity Rush already and screw this stupid boring series. Honestly after the insane amount of unfair nonsense with anything interesting on Wii that weren't Nintendo sequels, I can only imagine how infuriated I would be if I actually had a Vita and watched samey sequels to PS3 games sell while anything interesting just dies.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

iroxursox

1,623. Posted:

the graphics are amazing but i have big hands so the small buttons make it really hard to play hopefully they will come out with a revision

friend code is 0602-6743-0345 i like TRAINS
proud owner of a wii u, 3ds, 2 wiis, and a ps3.
currently playing MGS:3D
proud owner of a minecrat server.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,624. Posted:

I think Sony is going the wrong way with the games they're trying to push on the Vita. I don't think the majority of people interested in games like COD, Assassin's Creed, and the like are interested in playing those games on the go. Most adults have jobs, and when they have time for games they play them at home, which is the only place they play games. Why go for a portable system when you could play better games with a better controller on a larger TV? Sony should be pushing unique stuff like Gravity Rush, and making games like Sound Shapes Vita only so that the system would sell better.
The PSP tried to do the same thing in trying to deliver a console experience in the palms of your hands, but the games that are most prevalent and that did the best in attracting people to it were RPGs, with the exception of MGS Peace Walker and the God of War games. Most of the better RPGs this gen have been portable, not on the consoles.
@kkslider5552000: Killzone's suckage is debatable. At the very least it's a better franchise then others, and the only one I remember disliking was the first, since it felt like a wannabe Halo that was inferior in every regard. However, I'd rather play Resistance, but the Vita version of that didn't turn out too good, mainly because it was done by a sucky developer (who is, coincidentally, making the upcoming COD game on the system).

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,625. Posted:

I think Sony is going the wrong way with the games they're trying to push on the Vita. I don't think the majority of people interested in games like COD, Assassin's Creed, and the like are interested in playing those games on the go. Most adults have jobs, and when they have time for games they play them at home, which is the only place they play games. Why go for a portable system when you could play better games with a better controller on a larger TV? Sony should be pushing unique stuff like Gravity Rush, and making games like Sound Shapes Vita only so that the system would sell better.

I don't necessarily disagree with you in theory, but Sony's big problem with the Vita is that it needs to promote a handheld gaming console that's substntially different to both iOS devices and the 3DS. Saying "hey look, we can do console-quality Call of Duty" is a very effective marketing tactic, because that is something that the Vita can do, that the rival devices can't.

The more experimental games will start making headway once the Vita takes off.

I still think it will.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,626. Posted:

@LollipopChoSaw
I see where you're getting at. Both approaches could work, but the way they're going doesn't look too hot. Call of Duty is on the Vita is not looking too hot right now, and it's being developed by a team that has yet to deliver an experience that can barely even be considered OK. Still, there's name brand, and though the idiocy of people consistently surprises me, I doubt many would settle for the kind of experience I'm seeing in the trailer.
Still, you're very right on the "promoting" aspect. I don't care how Sony positions itself, but right now a lot of people I know don't know the device even exists. And Sony hasn't done too good a job on caring about the system either, based on the amount of games coming for it and the company's horrible showing during e3 for the device. Hopefully that will change this holiday season.
Nice avi, by the way.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,627. Posted:

Holy cow Gravity Rush is awesome!! I played a demo of it at Target and loved it! The game almost made me want a Vita. Man I wish that could come over to the 3DS! :( Hope Vita goes on sale so I can afford it and get that game.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,628. Posted:

While the Vita has a buch of great games both out now and in Japan, its consistantly horrible sales in Japan and the pulling of support from certain developers has trouble me enough that I don't think I'll be getting a Vita anymore, unless something radical changes in Japan to ensure that there will continue to be good Japanese games on the system. I simply dread the thought of having a system whose library consists of mostly Western-made games.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,629. Posted:

I picked up Unit 13 over the weekend. I liked the demo and I REALLY like the game. My local Gamestop just cut all of the prices of their used Vita games (Unit 13 went form 34.99 to 22.99 iirc) so I jumped on it as part of a B2G1 deal. It sorta reminds me of Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars for the 3DS (except FPS of course)

Edited on by Magi

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

TheDreamingHawk

1,630. Posted:

After looking at my friend's vita, I don't think there are many good games for it, in the US at least. I know that YS is coming out next month in Japan, and it'll be AWESOME. If only it came to NA.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,631. Posted:

Man, Just saw on IGN that Sony said there have only been 2.2 mil Vita's sold (as of June 30th).

I hope things pick up for it. I knew it wasn't selling as well as 3DS, but I had no idea it was that far behind :(

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,632. Posted:

I'm hoping Sony actually tries to advertise the thing. Since they won't lower the price on the system or its memory cards (the latter of which is just ludicrous) they're going to have to bring out the big guns, or else very few publishers will actually put games on the system.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,633. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

While the Vita has a buch of great games both out now and in Japan, its consistantly horrible sales in Japan and the pulling of support from certain developers has trouble me enough that I don't think I'll be getting a Vita anymore, unless something radical changes in Japan to ensure that there will continue to be good Japanese games on the system. I simply dread the thought of having a system whose library consists of mostly Western-made games.

The PS Vita does other stuff too.
Untitled

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,634. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

The PS Vita does other stuff too.
Untitled

[/div]

I want to cry thinking about the ring circles on that screen.
Anyway, the Vita doesn't even do a good job at being a cupholder. There are much better options for those that do they're jobs more effectively for way less money. There goes another reason to buy the system. :p
I can't believe I just knocked the Vita on being a bad cupholder. Things are definitely dire indeed.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Chris720

1,635. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Man, Just saw on IGN that Sony said there have only been 2.2 mil Vita's sold (as of June 30th).

I hope things pick up for it. I knew it wasn't selling as well as 3DS, but I had no idea it was that far behind :(

Wow, the 3DS is wiping the Vita on the floor... I didn't think the Vita is doing that well anyway, I've hardly seen anyone with a Vita around my area, I'm seeing more and more 3DS' than anything else.

I'm not surprised there aren't many Vita's in the first place, for one the system costs a bomb and then you have to consider the memory cards, which aren't cheap, I saw a 4GB going for £15! And the fact there aren't many games worth buying, I know there's a few good ones like Mod Racers and Gravity Rush, but nothing that screams "buy me". Oh, and I haven't seen a Vita advert anywhere at all...

I would like to see the Vita do well, but it looks like it's just plummeting at the moment.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,636. Posted:

I will give Vita one thing, it's a great reminder of all the better PS3 games I wish I had. If PS3 sales have been up since Vita's launch, I will laugh so hard.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,637. Posted:

I found this by a commentor on Destructoid. It puts things into perspective.
Untitled

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,638. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Untitled

It's a pity the PS3 isn't on that graphic. That console had a horrifically slow launch too, and it turned out to be the best console of the generation, and, Sony's misfortunes aside, a profitable product.

(I know, I know, IMO and all that)

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,639. Posted:

@OlympicCho You'd think Sony would learn from the mistakes of the PS3 launch and two years forward by actually making the Vita a compelling device for consumers. This doesn't bode well with me, and considering they aren't going to lower the price of tne system or its memory cards anytime soon, I have a bad feeling about how this is going to turn out.

Oh, and lets not forget that cell phones have taken a huge chunk out of the market, and add that on top of the 3DS doing way better. Let's also add in Sony having trouble getting 3rd parties to develop stuff for the system while the 3DS doesn't seem to be in the same predicament, and suddenly you've got a problem.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Radixxs

1,640. Posted:

OlympicCho wrote:

moomoo wrote:

Untitled

[/div]

It's a pity the PS3 isn't on that graphic. That console had a horrifically slow launch too, and it turned out to be the best console of the generation, and, Sony's misfortunes aside, a profitable product.

(I know, I know, IMO and all that)

The main difference being that Sony doesn't seem to care about their handheld systems.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.