Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,601 to 1,620 of 2,893

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,601. Posted:

I take it back. I'm playing Gravity Rush through a second time now, and it has really grown on me. It reminds me vaguely of City of Children and Dark City in theme, and I loved those two movies.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

accc

1,602. Posted:

There's a HUGE sale on Atlus games on PSN now, lots of Vita-compatible games are 50% off until the end of July. Anybody who's into RPGs would be wise to take advantage of this deal!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/03/today-50-off-atlus-...

accc

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,603. Posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Just on the verge of getting Persona 3.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Firejonie

1,604. Posted:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/03/vita-firmware-1-8-to-add-ps...
Vita firmware 1.8 will be released during the Summer. It finally adds PSone support, the downer is that not all games will be available at the start. Which is exactly what they did with PSP games and Mini's on the store.

Firejonie

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,605. Posted:

Anyone use the non-gaming applications on the Vita?

I love the Youtube and Twitter interfaces. Skype is also useful to have on it.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

accc

1,606. Posted:

The youtube app is OK, but it really needs to let you visit channel pages and manage your subscriptions and playlists.

accc

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,607. Posted:

accc wrote:

There's a HUGE sale on Atlus games on PSN now, lots of Vita-compatible games are 50% off until the end of July. Anybody who's into RPGs would be wise to take advantage of this deal!

I'm almost embarassed to admit that I haven't played a single game on that list. Anyone mind tossing out any recommendations (with a brief summary) for download to my Vita? The only one I'm pretty sure of is P3P. Heard plenty of rave reviews about that one.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

nickcarney

1,608. Posted:

With money I got as graduation presents, I bought myself both a PS3 and a Vita. So far, I really like both. My Vita came with a $50 GameStop which I promptly exchanged for a $50 PSN card. Haven't used it yet because you have to be 18 to make a PSN account and rather than lying, I decided to just wait (only 5 more days). Any ideas what I should spend it on. I was going to get Journey but I've decided to get the collectors edition next month. I'm probably going to pick up Escape Plan on Vita for $15. That still leaves me with quite a bit. How are PSP games on Vita? Do they still look nice or crappy like DS games on 3DS? And any suggestions there? I'm planning on getting FFVII too as I've never played that. Does anyone know if the saves will transfer between PS3 and Vita with PS1 classics? Sorry for all of the questions lol :)

nickcarney

AuthorMessage

Blooberteam

1,609. Posted:

Magi wrote:

accc wrote:

[/div]

I'm almost embarassed to admit that I haven't played a single game on that list. Anyone mind tossing out any recommendations (with a brief summary) for download to my Vita? The only one I'm pretty sure of is P3P. Heard plenty of rave reviews about that one.

I highly recommend you Catherine. Read, watch gameplay or better - try a demo and buy. Very good and original game!

www.blooberteam.com
www.facebook.com/Blooberteam

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,610. Posted:

nickcarney wrote:

I'm probably going to pick up Escape Plan on Vita for $15. That still leaves me with quite a bit. How are PSP games on Vita? Do they still look nice or crappy like DS games on 3DS? And any suggestions there? I'm planning on getting FFVII too as I've never played that. Does anyone know if the saves will transfer between PS3 and Vita with PS1 classics? Sorry for all of the questions lol :)

Escape Plan is pretty awesome. I would recommend it. Right now, I don't believe the PS1 games can be played on the Vita. There is an impending update (soon iirc) that will introduce this functionality though.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

1,611. Posted:

@nickcarney, PSP games look perfect running on Vita, you have an option to enhance the image even more as well as another to map the PSP cross as PSV second analog, so for these games where camera control was a hell in PSP now it is perfect with PSV (quite handly for PSP Monster hunters).

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

nickcarney

1,612. Posted:

That's great to hear, I'll be saving some money for PS1 games once they're supported but will probably pick up some PSP games when I make my account. What are some good JRPG's? I'll get Monster Hunter too if it still supports local multiplayer and GTA is coming out on my birthday so I'll likely pick that up.

nickcarney

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

1,613. Posted:

as good JRPGs you have Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Monster Hunter Freedom 2, Final Fantasy I, II, IV, Dissidia, Dissidia 12, Tactics, YS I, II The Oath in Felghana, Disgaea 2, Disgaea Infinite, Persona2 and 3, and many others, most of them for 10€.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,614. Posted:

nickcarney wrote:

That's great to hear, I'll be saving some money for PS1 games once they're supported but will probably pick up some PSP games when I make my account. What are some good JRPG's? I'll get Monster Hunter too if it still supports local multiplayer and GTA is coming out on my birthday so I'll likely pick that up.

There's a ton of them. Any Ys game (though 7 in particular is really well done), Persona 3 Portable is an absolute masterpiece (that happens to be on sale right now), Yggdra Union and Knights in the Knightmare are also quite good, considering their asking prices. Pretty much anything by Atlus and XSeed are gold on PSN. Though I guess it's not technically an RPG, Decidia duodecim is one of the best games on PSP, and I think it's available for the Vita. It has enough RPG elements to be considered an RPG by quite a few people, and there's a rediculous amount of content in the game (when you beat the main game, you unlock the original Decidia game. Yeah, there's that much in there).
My recommendations aside, I'm really in a point of conflict with myself over whether to buy a Vita or not. On one hand, it is one awesome device with some cool stuff coming in the pipeline, namely Persona 4, Ragnarok Oddysey and the Assassin's Creed game. On the other hand, the device without any games will cost me $310 minimum, because those memory cards are so freaking expensive, and I refuse to go with anything less than 16 gigs, since all backwards compatability with the device requires me to put stuff on a memory card. Maybe I'll just wait for the Assassin's Creed bundle.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,615. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

those memory cards are so freaking expensive, and I refuse to go with anything less than 16 gigs

They're on sale on Amazon right now. The 16GB is $46.74 with Amazon Prime and the 32GB is $81.61 (still high) with prime.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Firejonie

1,616. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

moomoo wrote:

those memory cards are so freaking expensive, and I refuse to go with anything less than 16 gigs

[/div]

They're on sale on Amazon right now. The 16GB is $46.74 with Amazon Prime and the 32GB is $81.61 (still high) with prime.

Sony needs to drop those insane prices. I refused to buy a 32GB because of it's crazy price and got a 16GB instead. It's funny how you can get a 32GB SD card on the 3DS cheaper than getting a 32GB card on Vita. Bad way to do anti piracy Sony, either that or cheat us out of money.

Firejonie

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,617. Posted:

Firejonie wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

moomoo wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Sony needs to drop those insane prices. I refused to buy a 32GB because of it's crazy price and got a 16GB instead. It's funny how you can get a 32GB SD card on the 3DS cheaper than getting a 32GB card on Vita. Bad way to do anti piracy Sony, either that or cheat us out of money.

What's even more crazy is that one can use SD cards on more than just a 3DS. Looking at the size of the VIta card, it's almost identical to a mini SD card. You can find one of those for about $20 at 32 GB.
The only reason they're charging so much is Sony needs money badly right now, and everyone with a Vita needs one of the cards to use the device for any of the reasons one might use it.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,618. Posted:

Here's the first Call of Duty: Declassified trailer, for anyone interested:

I'm going to be honest, this doesn't look impressive. It's missing the fluidity and speed present in COD games. Oh, and it's by the devs behind Resistance: Burning Skies, and we all know how that turned out.
I hope this game pulls a goldeneye 64 and turns out amazing in the next few months, because this doesn't look very promising at all. I want this thing to sell so people make games for it, cause if there's one system that I don't want to fail right now, it's this one.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,619. Posted:

Sony did a good job of revising my interest in the vita. All it needs is a price cut and some more Japan support.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Firejonie

1,620. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaYDNN3VbRQ&feature=relmfu

This game is looking great, day one purchase for me. Don't know when it's coming out though.

Firejonie