Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 161 to 180 of 2,628

AuthorMessage

Bankai

161. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Believe it or not, Waveboy has looked at the PSP library. He's just very, very picky.

He's obviously not because he's bought into the 3DS.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

162. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Believe it or not, Waveboy has looked at the PSP library. He's just very, very picky.

No, trust me on this one, I brought this issue up with him before and showed him a bunch of games he'd probably like, and he gave me a long list of reasons why he would not play those games. This guy's just dang picky.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Bankai

163. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

No, trust me on this one, I brought this issue up with him before and showed him a bunch of games he'd probably like, and he gave me a long list of reasons why he would not play those games. This guy's just dang picky.

What you call picky, I call fanboy.

The guy is clearly looking for flaws in games so he can dismiss them. Unless they're on a Nintendo console, in which case he glosses over any and all flaws.

Which is fine. Everyone has their own console perferences, and is more lenient on that console as a result (iPad for me). However, to claim the competition has "nothing" or "will only have realistic games and RPGs" is sheer lunacy. I'd be willing to bet Waveboy would be all over a good quarter of the PSP library if it popped up on Nintendo consoles.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

164. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Unless they're on a Nintendo console, in which case he glosses over any and all flaws.

Look, I'm not about to defend this guy, but I will say this: Glossing over flaws is definitely NOT what he does. Nintendo console or not. He just looks for flaws in pretty much every game he plays. And damn does he find a lot of them.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

165. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Unless they're on a Nintendo console, in which case he glosses over any and all flaws.

Look, I'm not about to defend this guy, but I will say this: Glossing over flaws is definitely NOT what he does. Nintendo console or not. He just looks for flaws in pretty much every game he plays. And damn does he find a lot of them.

Well you're half right, yet I don't 'look' for flaws, i just point out what i feel is a flaw or just something i generaly dislike about the experience....Like I don't know, most people tend to do. Yet you seem to be forgetting that i mostly point out the good, but it all depends. I'm just being real, I don't care if the game is made by nintendo or if it's on a Nintendo console. I'm not biased or unfair like that at all. i'm not going to gloss over what i feel was a weak point or just something i disliked about the game or this and that, i say it like it is.

I'm usually more positive than negative though, but i will admit i am a bit nit picky, but when you're tight on cash and don't exactly want to spend hours on end playing a videogame like a lot of people do(I have a hard time even going past 2 hours, i just can't do it anymore depending unless i'm willing to put up with the gooey eye effect where the entire experience gradually becomes altered.lol) than ya...

And recently, I've been feeling a bit dissapointed with SSFIV 3D for the 3DS. I would personally rather have the PS3 version. Why? Well for one thing the 3DS version doesn't run at 60fps, and that's A MUST imo for fighters. The static paper cut out people/animals in the background make the experience kind of feel lifeless and the lag during Online makes it feel a tad clunky and sluggish. :p PilotWings isn't my type of game, but holy hell does the 3D make the experience magical, immersive and quite enjoyable for a pick up and play type game. I also have Nitnendog's + Cats, yet i haven't given that one a go yet.

As for the PSP. I would of loved to of played Mega Man Powered Up, Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Castlevania Chronicles and maybe Silent Hill: Origins and a few other titles. Hell I was actually going to get a PSP around 2 years ago, but I realised that getting a console/handheld for a only a few titles wasn't worth it, as the majority like i've said before don't appeal to me.

And I feel that i am a bit of a Nintendo fanboy these days. I adored the Nes growing up, yet i owned both a Genesis and SNES, then I moved onto the Saturn and PS1 while playing the N64 here and there, then i got a Dreamcast, but after that starting with the GCN i've basically been strictly Nintendo.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

166. Posted:

I think you're missing the point.

You're telling me that of this entire list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psp_games, there's only a few games that appeal to you?

And if so, you're too picky. The money and time thing I get - most people need to stick to one console. But listing "because there's only a few good games," or "all the games are realistic or RPGs" is factually incorrect.

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

167. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

You're telling me that of this entire list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psp_games, there's only a few games that appeal to you?

And if so, you're too picky. The money and time thing I get - most people need to stick to one console. But listing "because there's only a few good games," or "all the games are realistic or RPGs" is factually incorrect.

Pardon? I beg to differ good sir. "Because there's only a few good games," is an opinion and can therefore not be factually incorrect.

I bought into the hype of some of those "good" games on the PS3 like LBP and FFXIII and was disappointed. I don't have high hopes for the Vita (for me that is), so I'll stick with the 3DS. While it does look impressive, I don't buy into amazing hardware

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Bankai

168. Posted:

lzbirdboy wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Pardon? I beg to differ good sir. "Because there's only a few good games," is an opinion and can therefore not be factually incorrect.

I bought into the hype of some of those "good" games on the PS3 like LBP and FFXIII and was disappointed. I don't have high hopes for the Vita (for me that is), so I'll stick with the 3DS. While it does look impressive, I don't buy into amazing hardware

Having an opinion doesn't automatically entitle you to be correct. To use a nasty example: people with the opinion that one race is better than the other is incorrect. To use a comic example: people with the opinion that they are God are incorrect.

On topic - people that think that only a "few" games out of a library of 200 or so are any good are categorically incorrect. The percentage of "good vs. crap" games has never been that bad before, and the PSP is not the exception.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

169. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Yup, I'm telling you that the majority of PSP titles on that list do not appeal to me.....I'm not in the dark about what the PSP has been pumping out over the years. God of War, Ratchet & Clank, Metal Gear Solid, Mod Nation Racers and blah blah just to get a tiny little example don't do it for me. Prinny on the other hand was another title that looked pretty rad based on IGN's review and wasn't there a sequal, where it apperantly ramped up the difficulty alienating players?lol

Anyways, with the PSP...It's basically the kind of stuf what you'd find on a PS2 but in portable form. Plus the DS won me over with it's innovative brilliant touch screen controls, like with most people aisde from Nintendo delivering their classic franchises we all know and love. The PSP was just another hand held with a leap in the graphics department and at that time, and even now for me that's kind of an old hat, it's getting stale depending on the genre of course.

and considering this was Sony that we're talking, all I had to look forward to were 3rd party titles, titles from Capcom, Konami and the like ect ect. And when i said "there were only a few good games" i ment to say there are a only a few or so games that appeal to me. And I take back that second remark i made about most of the title being realistic and RPG's. But there will be tons of games aiming for realism just as there is for the PS3, for the PSPV considering the horse power under it's hood. But those realistic titles will all most likely be hailing from outside of japan, not that it really matters.
Yet I rarely buy or play games nowadays that are outside of Japan, then again.....stuff like Rayman Origins is looking purttty damn fine.

But anyways there's no point in argueing, i just don't care about the PSP, the Vita on the other, i don't really care for either at this point. But who in the hell am i to say or any of us? None of us have went hands on with the thing anyways. But at this point I'm too caught up with Nintendo, and i don't know if i'd want to spend the cash on another portabile where I'd have to keep up with even more titles. But who knows, i may be swayed over in the future.

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

170. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

lzbirdboy wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Having an opinion doesn't automatically entitle you to be correct. To use a nasty example: people with the opinion that one race is better than the other is incorrect. To use a comic example: people with the opinion that they are God are incorrect.

On topic - people that think that only a "few" games out of a library of 200 or so are any good are categorically incorrect. The percentage of "good vs. crap" games has never been that bad before, and the PSP is not the exception.

I don't think that only a 'few' games out of the PSP library are good, i feel that only a few or so games out of the library once again for the zillionth time appeal and actually interest me. Keep in mind, I'm much more of a retro gamer, the PSP sports a lot of 3D titles under it's belt. It's not exactly whipping things up in the sprite based games department. The DS Lite on the other hand has the best of both worlds, and I'm sure we'll be seeing the same with the 3DS.

But whatever let it be, you and i have completely different tastes in gaming....Didn't you mention earlier that you disliked Mario?
I'm curious what you think about Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Punch-Out!!, SSB Bros and many of the other nintendo franchises. 3rd Party wise, what's your stance on Resident Evil and Mega Man?

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Aviator

171. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

What's it to you about what games some people want to play? If they enjoy playing those few games, let them. You can enjoy your 200+ PSP games whatever, don't go attacking someone because of what games they enjoy, cause everyone else could the exact same to you. :|

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

James

172. Posted:

Godwin's Law is becoming strangely relevant to this topic.

Let's keep discussion to the PlayStation Vita and knock off with the snide comments, please.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

173. Posted:

Reloads

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

lockd

174. Posted:

And here's what Nintendo says about the Vita's price.

Love and Tolerance
Pokemon White FC: 4813 7276 6192
3DS FC: 4854 6468 0712
deviantART

AuthorMessage

Knux

175. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Certain games appeal to certain people. Just because someone does not like one handheld's library does not mean they are picky. After all, every gamer has different preferences.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

176. Posted:

YoungSpice wrote:

And here's what Nintendo says about the Vita's price.

Somehow I feel that ignoring the competition isn't such a good idea this time around.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

177. Posted:

@WaveBoy You can go into the options menu in SSFIV3D and forcibly turn off 3D to get 60 FPS.
off-topic but at least it's not snide

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Aviator

178. Posted:

Or just not play in 3D to run it at 60fps.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

179. Posted:

Nice, I'll try it out later today. B-)
Yet I have turned down the actual 3D during gameplay and there appeared to be no difference in frame rate whatsoever.

Fighters should never be below 30fps period....There hasn't been a fighter rocking 30fps in ages. Soul Calibur IV, the new Mortal Kombat(I'm guessing) and SFIV(console versions) all run at 60fps. 30fps is just rubbish in this day and age for both Racers and Fighters.

But it's the damn 3D that knocks it down...It's a shame they couldn't give you the best of both worlds rocking 60fps and having 3D. It kind of makes the whole experience feel less unique if you turn off the 3D just to get the 60fps and you're still getting those crappy static lifeless people and animals in the background.lol

Playing SFIV 3D on the 3DS for the first time never gave me a sense of wow this game totaly shows off what the 3DS can do....PilotWings Resort on the Other hand did. SFIV 3D felt a bit lazy....they never bothered to make the intro opening 3D, the static lifeless people/animals make the game feel unfinished and well....lifeless.lol and the online lag can be very annoying, even the tiniest puts me off and makes the experience feel slower, sluggish and a tad delayed. When you're out of your region things get even worse as expected. Character models are still really impressive though.....As for the 3D itself SSFIV isn't the '3D' title to show off to your friends, it's nice...but you'll want to stick it in 3D VS mode to make it truly shine. Durp!

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

Corbs

180. Posted:

When people play this thing in person, they're going to absolutely freak. It was difficult to believe that I was playing games that looked and played as good as the Vita titles on a portable game system. Stunning indeed! Day one purchase for sure. :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square