Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,581 to 1,600 of 2,625

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,581. Posted:

It's a "remake" from what I hear, the way The Oath in Felghana was a remake, which is to say it's totally different ( and awesome). Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdVNZ-vNUno

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,582. Posted:

Crap. I forgot the Ys IV remake was coming to the Vita. Now I have to buy one.
Ys IV and Seven are my favorites in the series by far, and this is a combination of the two.
Still, these games are expensive... pretty much none of them have had price cuts so far...
EDIT: I'd like to say, I hated how Sony handled Vita at E3. They showed two games at their press conference, one of which is the exact same game as one coming to the PS3. Then, after the conference is over, and people who don't own a Vita stop caring, Jack Trenton says in an interview how there are over two dozen Vita games on the show floor. In half the time they showed off their stupid Harry Potter Move thing, they could have shown a sizzle reel of all the games coming out in the very new future for the device. Then, people who don't own a Vita can actually consider buying one. But they're not looking at it anymore, because the one time they were looking at Sony, they weren't given much reason to care.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,583. Posted:

Apollo wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Apollo wrote:

I don't find it surprising at all that this thread has little activity. Most people probably have a Nintendo tattoo on their heart around here.

[/div]

[/div]

except that the thread was popular and now...isn't...

that was my point

stop blaming fanboys, it's annoying

[/div]

The 3DS went through a similar boring period last year. If you looked on a Sony fanboy site you would see lots of activity. Hell look at ign articles. Lots of vita comment. Well deserved too because the console is outstanding.

irrelevent. As soon as you get immediately blatantly defensive, it kills any ability of mine to take it seriously.

That being said, it is dissappointing how irrelevent actually having good games at launch has been. It deserves to do better than 3DS did early on, at the very least.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,584. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

It's a "remake" from what I hear, the way The Oath in Felghana was a remake, which is to say it's totally different ( and awesome). Here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdVNZ-vNUno

I never realized it was a remake. It looks brand new with the party system. Wasn't Ys Seven the first to use the party system.

Apollo

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,585. Posted:

Apollo wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[/div]

I never realized it was a remake. It looks brand new with the party system. Wasn't Ys Seven the first to use the party system.

It has the same core story around it. Like Oath in Felghana, a remake of Ys 3. it is only the same in story. Pretty much everything else is different. Granted, from what I've seen of it, I barely recognize it.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,586. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Crap. I forgot the Ys IV remake was coming to the Vita. Now I have to buy one.
Ys IV and Seven are my favorites in the series by far, and this is a combination of the two.
Still, these games are expensive... pretty much none of them have had price cuts so far...
EDIT: I'd like to say, I hated how Sony handled Vita at E3. They showed two games at their press conference, one of which is the exact same game as one coming to the PS3. Then, after the conference is over, and people who don't own a Vita stop caring, Jack Trenton says in an interview how there are over two dozen Vita games on the show floor. In half the time they showed off their stupid Harry Potter Move thing, they could have shown a sizzle reel of all the games coming out in the very new future for the device. Then, people who don't own a Vita can actually consider buying one. But they're not looking at it anymore, because the one time they were looking at Sony, they weren't given much reason to care.

[/div]

I think the games are priced fairly. New releases run anywhere from $30-50, the plan is typically only AAA home console quality games getting the high end price, like Uncharted or the upcoming Call of Duty.

I didn't watch E3. I read reports after the fact. Lots of good info came out. I don't know about the presentation but I liked all the info. There are a tonne of high quality games coming. If they're wise they'll do COD and AC edition bundles in the fall. A FFX HD bundle probably would also sell well. That game is beloved, the last great FF.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,587. Posted:

To be honest, i havent really touched my vita very much. the only game i have is wipeout and i downloaded MHFU but i kinda burned out on that a while ago. too many of the games i want are not out yet, like LBP or FFX HD, and i really want soul sacrifice as well. none of the other games out really appeal to me that much. I love my vita but i need games!!

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,588. Posted:

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/6/12/3080547/gravity-rush...

Polygon gave it a 7 out of 10

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

accc

1,589. Posted:

Got Gravity Rush today, it's absolutely incredible so far. One of the best and most unique games in recent years. I feel like it's already justified my Vita purchase.

accc

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,590. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/6/12/3080547/gravity-rush...

Polygon gave it a 7 out of 10

[/div]

Average critic review on gamerankings.com was 83.23%

http://www.gamerankings.com/vita/620274-gravity-rush/index.html

accc wrote:

Got Gravity Rush today, it's absolutely incredible so far. One of the best and most unique games in recent years. I feel like it's already justified my Vita purchase.

Really? Wow, maybe I should download the demo and see if I like it. I am considering getting MGS Collection in HD.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

1,591. Posted:

Apollo wrote:

Really? Wow, maybe I should download the demo and see if I like it.

I didnt like GR demo at all, quite restrictive. Probably it is better to go and see some actual gameplay on YTube.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

accc

1,592. Posted:

The low reviews are pretty baffling to me... right from the moment you start the game it's pretty apparent that Gravity Rush stands apart from its peers in the open world action-adventure genre. Every single aspect of the game exudes polish, including the graphics, music, cutscenes and of course the gameplay. The core gravity shifting mechanic is executed flawlessly; it's extremely fast and precise (when using gyro controls) and is simply fun to use, whether you're using it to explore around on the undersides of buildings or just going from one place to the next. It adds a lot to the game's combat as well by opening up a wealth of different abilities your character can use. The game is very lengthy, the world map is huge, the episodes/main missions are quite varied and there are plenty of optional side missions to keep you occupied. Then again maybe I shouldn't be too surprised at the tepid response, since the game has a very Japanese feel to it and the idiotic Western press only seems to praise crappy dudebro shooters and Uncharted clones.

accc

AuthorMessage

papalems1

1,593. Posted:

hello everybody im just looking for some advice i have a 3ds and im gonna sell it as im board with it now apart from resident evil not much coming up for me so been looking at getting a vita i use to own a psp and loved it but i dont own a ps3 do you need a ps3 to download stuff to your vita eg playstation 1 games and can you download football manager to your vita and is 8gb enough memory thanks for any advice

regards matt

ps vita playing blobs,gravity rush,sine mora demo,

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

1,594. Posted:

The Crystal White Vita bundled with the upcoming Assassins Creed Liberation game is just soooooo tempting to me. I really want it.. If only I had the money... Either that or Sony could drop the price on the thing.
Untitled
~drools~

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

BudrSbastig

1,595. Posted:

@papalems1 nope you do not need a ps3 to download stuff.

BudrSbastig

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,596. Posted:

Also, LittleBigPlanet Vita is amazing. I've yet to play an online level that has run super smooth but I experience that on 1 and 2 so no biggie.

If anyone wants to send challenges (nice try crossed), send me some friend invites my way: naviator_9.

I don't like to boast, but our truffles are the most, mad magical in Amsterdam.
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

1,597. Posted:

@Navi - Check the credits for the beta for me! See if they remembered to put my name on there.

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage

ReleaseTheBears

1,598. Posted:

accc wrote:

Then again maybe I shouldn't be too surprised at the tepid response, since the game has a very Japanese feel to it and the idiotic Western press only seems to praise crappy dudebro shooters and Uncharted clones.

The big thing I got from most reviews I read was that the combat wasn't very good.

ReleaseTheBears

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,599. Posted:

ReleaseTheBears wrote:

accc wrote:

Then again maybe I shouldn't be too surprised at the tepid response, since the game has a very Japanese feel to it and the idiotic Western press only seems to praise crappy dudebro shooters and Uncharted clones.

[/div]

The big thing I got from most reviews I read was that the combat wasn't very good.

It's not exactly an action game, though. Combat doesn't have to be good in a game like this.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

accc

1,600. Posted:

I thought the combat was great; it's very fun and diverse. There are several ways you can go about taking on enemies, and a lot of the fun is figuring out which strategy is best for each type of enemy. I especially enoyed using gravity kicks to take down several enemies in rapid succession.

accc