Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,541 to 1,560 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,541. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'm still too hurt from PSO episode 3 to ever play a game in this series ever.

Really? You're going to let a game that came out in 2003, that was based on cards, prevent you from purchasing a sequel to Episodes 1&2? I feel bad for you and your terrible logic.

That was a joke. (though episode 3 is completely terrible)

And seriously, like certain other games (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, the Shin Megami Tensei series (of course the best games are on consoles I don't own of course), lots of XBLA titles), I always have way too many games I want to get anyway. I'm kinda thankful for games like Never Dead being dissappointing, since that means one less game to get.

also doesn't help that Sega has a terrible track record for reviving franchises

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,542. Posted:

You don't have to worry about too many good games if you're getting PSO2 For Vita. It's not even coming out until 2013, lol.

And if Sonic Team screws this up (as this isn't really a revival), I will probably go as drastic as to not play video games anymore.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,543. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

And if Sonic Team screws this up (as this isn't really a revival)

I just assumed it was one. It seems like a "we've given up with new ideas, let's go back to that thing people actually like" version of a reboot (aka Megaman 9 syndrome).

Which reminds me, can we have japanese games stop trying to survive solely using nostalgia? I love a good nostalgia bomb once in a while but wow games nowadays. At least in like Super Paper Mario or the new Kid Icarus it's clever but I'm kinda sad even a 3D Mario had to rely on "HEY GUYS MARIO 3 STUFF!111!!"

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,544. Posted:

Corpse Party intrigues me...

Apollo

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,545. Posted:

Apollo wrote:

being published by XSeed shows me that you should probably get it.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,546. Posted:

Anything by XSeed is gold.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,547. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Apollo wrote:

I've also heard it's best played in the dark with headphones. I've seriously been looking at purchasing it too.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,548. Posted:

Magi wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Apollo wrote:

I've also heard it's best played in the dark with headphones. I've seriously been looking at purchasing it too.

I'll remember to do that when I eventually buy it. I have some good stuff on my memory stick right now so I might wait for a sale. I think Corpse Party is a matter of when and not if for me.

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Anything by XSeed is gold.

Yeah! Ys: Seven rocks.

Beat'em up action + heavy RPG elements + a solid story + a killer metal inspired soundtrack = goodness^∞

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,549. Posted:

... So there are a bunch of top notch PSP games that you can play on your Vita that aren't in the Vita PSN store. Just realizing this now. All the GTA games, you can buy them on the PS3 and transfer them over to the Vita. Not all PSP games are Vita compatible yet but a large quantity are. Another good example is MGS: Peace Walker. Wipeout Pulse is another example.

I think I'm going to go get Liberty City Stories.

I've played through 7 hours of Ys: Seven. It frick'in rocks. LOL, there is no other way to put it. This is one of the most entertaining games I've played in a long time. It's sort of like old school Zelda, meets old school beat'em ups (like DD & Streets of Rage), meets modern graphics and controls. And all that is wrapped around many standard RPG elements. I love it. Conventional review grading has missed on this one, it's better than "8".

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,550. Posted:

@Apollo Glad you're enjoying it. A few of us here were ranting and raving to get people to realize the brilliance in Ys Seven. It's an absolutely spectacular game! I adore the Monster Hunter-esque boss fights. :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,551. Posted:

Been fooling around with GTA: Liberty City Stories. Great game and it looks better on the Vita than the PSP. I hope they release a GTA IV: Liberty City Stories. That would be excellent. Another way to go would be do a GTA: San Andreas Stories, but with a graphical update. I don't know if you guys remember San Andreas but that map was gigantic.

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,552. Posted:

RESISTANCE
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/04/20/resistance-burning-skies...
Are you bleepin' kidding me? This looks amazing!

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,553. Posted:

Magi wrote:

Anyone play any of the Armored Core games on the PSP? I'm thinking about downloading one of them to play on my Vita and I'm not sure which is the best entry to the series. These are the three I'm considering:
Armored Core: Last Raven Portable
Armored Core: Silent Line Portable
Armored Core 3 Portable

I prefer the Last Raven, but most fans'll tell ya that Armored Core 3 is the one to go with. Plus, in the Portable versions, you get to take your mechs with you from 3 up, so I'd start with that anyways.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,554. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

also doesn't help that Sega has a terrible track record for reviving franchises

Two things:

1) It's free
2) It's shaping up very well from all the gameplay videos I've seen. I really don't see how they could mess this up.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

pikku

1,555. Posted:

@Apollo Yeah, Resistance does look like the best reason to own a Vita currently. It alone doesn't sell the Vita to me though, but in a couple years when the price hopefully goes down a bit and there are more Vita games I want, It's definitely one of the ones I'll pick up first. y'now, unless it already has a sequel by that time :O

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,556. Posted:

Amazon's preorder bonus for Resistance includes a Multiplayer Booster (auto-starts you at level 5 in multiplayer), 3 avatars, and a special Vita lock screen. Pretty humbug if you ask me.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,557. Posted:

I wonder if Multplayer will get the full console treatment, being a ranking board and basic supported stats? Regardless of that, this shooter looks tight and everyone who's played it has said overall positive things. The graphics look so great. I hope there are no frame rate issues. I think the touch screen options is something that will become second nature. There was a time when people felt four triggers was overwhelming. It's called learning to adapt.

Apollo

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,558. Posted:

Question does anyone care about uncharted ir killzone vita.

I mean wouldn't the vita be the perfect system to make new Jak and rachent games.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,559. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Question does anyone care about uncharted ir killzone vita.

They shouldn't as the idea of the Vita version being as good as the universally adored Uncharted games is absurd and Killzone is a joke.

At least I've heard more hype than I expected for Gravity Rush (it hasn't fallen completely into insta-obscurity thanks to not being a sequel or a blatant cash-in on other popular series). Hope that does really well.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,560. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I mean wouldn't the vita be the perfect system to make new Jak and rachent games.

It's not confirmed but you know one is on the way. Its one of their biggest portable cash cows.

Apollo