Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,501 to 1,520 of 2,629

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

1,501. Posted:

After playing an hour with Vita's Uncharted I can say that I'm pretty impressed! Never expected something like that for a portable console. It is on the level of the best PS3/XBoX games but with incredibly good controls. I expect to have many existing HD games easily ported to Vita, this small beast definitively has the needed power.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,502. Posted:

Played the DW demo today. Its the first DW game I've played... It was a lot of fun but are you always on the clock? I was just messing around and ran out of time, which evidently means I lost even though I was clearly kicking some major . ;)

Edited on by theblackdragon

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,503. Posted:

Apollo wrote:

Played the DW demo today. Its the first DW game I've played... It was a lot of fun but are you always on the clock? I was just messing around and ran out of time, which evidently means I lost even though I was clearly kicking some major . ;)

I have never once ran out of time in a DW game. The main thing to remember is not to stop and kill every single enemy. Beeline for the leaders and the objectives, and you'll be fine. :)

Edited on by theblackdragon

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,504. Posted:

Yeah, I think that's what the guys who hate those games do - kill every enemy they see. It's kinda fun, but not really the best way to play the games.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,505. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

After playing an hour with Vita's Uncharted I can say that I'm pretty impressed! Never expected something like that for a portable console. It is on the level of the best PS3/XBoX games but with incredibly good controls. I expect to have many existing HD games easily ported to Vita, this small beast definitively has the needed power.

One of the things that impressed me the most about Uncharted aside from just being a frickin' blast to play, is the incredible draw distance, it's outstanding, especially for a portable game. The Vita does indeed pack a serious punch. Can't wait to see what Resident Evil or Metal Gear Solid will look like on this thing.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,506. Posted:

I like how you can aim your gun by moving the actual Vita itself. First time I tried it I didn't like it but by chapter ten or so I was using it a lot, especially for long range shots.

Back to DW, I'll probably wait until it gets a price slash and then try it out. It's not a series I'm familiar with and so I don't have the urge to try it more than the demo at this point. It was fun though.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,507. Posted:

Apollo wrote:

I like how you can aim your gun by moving the actual Vita itself. First time I tried it I didn't like it but by chapter ten or so I was using it a lot, especially for long range shots.

Back to DW, I'll probably wait until it gets a price slash and then try it out. It's not a series I'm familiar with and so I don't have the urge to try it more than the demo at this point. I was fun though.

It's a pity. Once you get into these games, you're looking at massive playtime - You can easily sink 50 hours into any given Warriors game before you'll be able to say you've properly completed it.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,508. Posted:

Also, for what it's worth, I don't think the demo did a gret job of representing that game. Any Warriors game is as much about the characters and fantasy history (ie real characters and real battlefields, but exaggerated), as it is about the action itself. Just giving you a few levels of action without context doesn't give you a fair impression about what the game is about.

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,509. Posted:

Downloading my free copy of Motorstorm RC right now. 650MB. Not huge, but big enough to make me wait longer anxiously than I want to wait anxiously. :)

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,510. Posted:

Apollo wrote:

Downloading my free copy of Motorstorm RC right now. 650MB. Not huge, but big enough to make me wait longer anxiously than I want to wait anxiously. :)

I also noticed that there are some free cars that you can download too.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Shadow100

1,511. Posted:

There is a free cake car :D

Backloggery | Now Playing

Twitter: shdw100

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,512. Posted:

Shadow100 wrote:

There is a free cake car :D

Yeap. I just randomly clicked on that one first I guess. Turns out that is the ONLY free car. Rest of the DLC cars are .49 to .99 cents.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!

AuthorMessage

UNC5052

1,513. Posted:

Has anyone else been experiencing connection issues with their Vita? I have a wifi model that doesn't connect half of the time. I have many other devices that use wifi just fine but the Vita has trouble connecting sometimes.

PSN- UNC5052

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,514. Posted:

I haven't had any issues with WiFi yet and I've connected to multiple hot spots all over the place. I think (no proof yet) that my 3G is giving me the "blue button of death" issues.

Anyone purchased the Nerf case yet for the Vita? I absolutely love mine. It seems protective on the sides and back and has a small storage plate that holds 3 games. More importantly, its an absolute dream to hold the Vita with the nerfy cushiony sides now.

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,515. Posted:

UNC5052 wrote:

Has anyone else been experiencing connection issues with their Vita? I have a wifi model that doesn't connect half of the time. I have many other devices that use wifi just fine but the Vita has trouble connecting sometimes.

I've had absolutely no issues with my Vita at all besides the issue with it not coming back from sleep mode. That was corrected by a firmware update. Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your wifi.

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

1,516. Posted:

Downloaded MHunter FU and found out you can use your second analog for camera, the game was already good but now it is superb. BTW, no issues at all with Wifi connections.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

1,517. Posted:

Does anyone here have a Vita with an Australian PSN account?

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,518. Posted:

Jamouse wrote:

Yep. Why?

AuthorMessage

Jamouse

1,519. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Jamouse wrote:

Yep. Why?

Do you know the price of Dissidia 12 on the psn store (If it's on there)?. I'm trying to find out what the prices for psp games are like.

Jamouse

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,520. Posted:

It's $51.95. The previous game is $41.95