Forums

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Posts 1,481 to 1,500 of 3,183

Apollo

Sounds cool! I'd imagine that they have a lot of Fall release games yet to be announced, just like most other consoles. In the meantime it looks to be at least one really nice title a month until June when we'll see a bunch of games, only to die out over the dog days of summer.

Apollo

Apollo

I can't wait until they firmware update to allow PSone Classics. They said it would happen shortly after launch.

Apollo

Apollo

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Apollo wrote:

I can't wait until they firmware update to allow PSone Classics. They said it would happen shortly after launch.

I've deciced to make my PSPGos dedicated PSOne classics players. I'm waiting for PS2 Classics for the Vita.

You should be able to download them again for free to your PSV if you want to once they release classics. I hope they look ok on that HD screen.

Apollo

Bankai

Apollo wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Apollo wrote:

I can't wait until they firmware update to allow PSone Classics. They said it would happen shortly after launch.

I've deciced to make my PSPGos dedicated PSOne classics players. I'm waiting for PS2 Classics for the Vita.

You should be able to download them again for free to your PSV if you want to once they release classics. I hope they look ok on that HD screen.

I'm sure they'll look fine, but the PSPGo has 16GB memory, and with my PSP games migrating to the Vita, that's a heck of a retro console there

Apollo

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Apollo wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Apollo wrote:

I can't wait until they firmware update to allow PSone Classics. They said it would happen shortly after launch.

I've deciced to make my PSPGos dedicated PSOne classics players. I'm waiting for PS2 Classics for the Vita.

You should be able to download them again for free to your PSV if you want to once they release classics. I hope they look ok on that HD screen.

I'm sure they'll look fine, but the PSPGo has 16GB memory, and with my PSP games migrating to the Vita, that's a heck of a retro console there

That's an excellent idea. You should be able to fit anywhere from 10-25 PS1 games on the 16GB internal memory. Some are very big, like the Final Fantasy games, and some are pretty small as well.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

Gamer83

I finally jumped on the Vita bandwagon yesterday. Target had a deal where you could get the wifi model and a free 4GB memory card with it so I decided to grab the system and a copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss which has been a blast so far, and I'm highly anticipating MLB The Show and Mortal Kombat. While I wait for those though, I'm looking around at some of the downloadable games. Super Stardust Portable is one of my favorite PSP games so I have my eye on Delta but any other suggestions would be welcome. I know Motorstorm RC is also coming soon and that looks like it'll be very fun despite being quite a bit different from the other games in the series.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Apollo

Gamer83 wrote:

I finally jumped on the Vita bandwagon yesterday. Target had a deal where you could get the wifi model and a free 4GB memory card with it so I decided to grab the system and a copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss which has been a blast so far, and I'm highly anticipating MLB The Show and Mortal Kombat. While I wait for those though, I'm looking around at some of the downloadable games. Super Stardust Portable is one of my favorite PSP games so I have my eye on Delta but any other suggestions would be welcome. I know Motorstorm RC is also coming soon and that looks like it'll be very fun despite being quite a bit different from the other games in the series.

I have only played Uncharted so far but Wipeout and Rayman are getting really good reviews. Resistance is coming out in a few months, that looks really good.

http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1214639p1.html

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

Bankai

Gamer83 wrote:

I finally jumped on the Vita bandwagon yesterday. Target had a deal where you could get the wifi model and a free 4GB memory card with it so I decided to grab the system and a copy of Uncharted: Golden Abyss which has been a blast so far, and I'm highly anticipating MLB The Show and Mortal Kombat. While I wait for those though, I'm looking around at some of the downloadable games. Super Stardust Portable is one of my favorite PSP games so I have my eye on Delta but any other suggestions would be welcome. I know Motorstorm RC is also coming soon and that looks like it'll be very fun despite being quite a bit different from the other games in the series.

Dynasty Warriors is incredible ^_^

Apollo

I wish they would release the demo for it. I'd like to try it out.

Apollo

Apollo

Apollo wrote:

GundamMac wrote:

I wish they would release the demo for it. I'd like to try it out.

They did.

I'll be damned. I could have sworn it wasn't on there earlier in the week...

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

Apollo

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS NEXT WEEK!

An official PlayStation webcast next week — called "Welcome! PlayStation Vita Game Heaven" — will reveal "information about unannounced Vita titles, upcoming releases, and Vita services" according to Andriasang. The event begins March 9th at 8 p.m. Japan time — that's 6 a.m. Eastern time and 3 a.m. Pacific time on March 9th. Look for a full report here on IGN.

Source: ign.com

What they're titling the event is making me pumped. You can't title it that and not announce something major.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

shingi_70

Eh not all hot on the name of the event but i'm excited. I want to say its a Final Fantasy VII remake for vita but with 10 being remade doesn't make much sense.

Have to go with Final Fantasy Type-o international Edition.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Apollo

They might announce a date for FFX(don't think they have already?)

I predict they will announce when we're getting PS1 classics.

I'm hoping they'll announce PS2 classics but that's not likely given that they've already said they have no plans.

Apollo

Gamer83

I'll look into some of those games mentioned, thanks for the recommendations.

As far as the upcoming event I'm definitely looking forward to it. Hope there's news on Resident Evil or Metal Gear Solid making their way to Vita. I wouldn't be surprised if both happen. Some things that aren't likely but I'd love to see are announcements for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Stories and now that Bend Studios is done with Uncharted, a sequel to Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow.

Gamer83

Magi

Gamer83 wrote:

...but any other suggestions would be welcome.

I've been pretty happy with Escape Plan so far. It's a great game and can easily be played in small bites of time.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

Apollo

Gamer83 wrote:

I'll look into some of those games mentioned, thanks for the recommendations.

As far as the upcoming event I'm definitely looking forward to it. Hope there's news on Resident Evil or Metal Gear Solid making their way to Vita. I wouldn't be surprised if both happen. Some things that aren't likely but I'd love to see are announcements for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Stories and now that Bend Studios is done with Uncharted, a sequel to Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow.

I tell you what would be knock me off my feet surprised but happy: A port of one of the Xbox 1's "Knights of the Old Republic" or/and "Jade Emprie". It's fun to think outside the box.

Apollo

Magi

Are there other places to purchase download codes for games besides just the PSN? For example, there used to be a time when I could walk into Gamestop and purchase a card that had a scratch-off code for some of the Xbox Live games and DLC.

Essentially, I'm wondering if there are other avenues for "sales" besides just watching what happens on the PSN.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

shingi_70

Gamestop and amazon both fo it online. You buy the Game and they give you the code their or email it to you. Just bought a year of Live on a amazon sale this way.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic