Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,441 to 1,460 of 2,631

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,441. Posted:

So I dropped my Vita for the first time last night... It flew off the bathroom counter top, bounced off a metal trash bin and landed face down of a hard tile floor... Uncharted was paused at the time... I Gasped in horror as the scene unfolded and what felt like slow motion. I paused, "did I kill it?" I take a deep breath and I pick the Vita up and turn it around to assess the damages.< If this thing is anything like an iphone, there's a 50/50 chance of some scratches or cracks or worse.> I turn it around, I brush it off with my shirt... No cracks, no scratches on the screen or anywhere on the front. I turn it around to the back. No scratches on the back. The outside showed no signs of a drop--- or a drop, rebound and crash to be precise. I put my headphones on, press start and pick up mid fight sequence without any issues. Post-drop shows no signs of damage. I think we have a solid device here people! :D

I won't be accidentally testing the Vita's durability again.

Apollo

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,442. Posted:

Mine just fell off my bass amp while charging. Don't know how but I was pretty scared. D:

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,443. Posted:

Played with the Vita at a friend's house and I must say it was impressive. Def going to get one as the JRPG market is slowly moving towards portables for Mid-tier franchises and spin-offs to AAA franchises.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,444. Posted:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/19/sony-call-of-duty-blasting-...

Call of Duty on Vita. Just like I planned.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,445. Posted:

If COD doesn't have top notch online, medals, some sort of weapon/equipment customization then people are going to be greatly disappointed. My fear when they say "COD is coming to the Vita", they mean COD's crappy five hour long campaign is coming to the Vita for $50. They better bring console level multiplayer...

Apollo

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

1,446. Posted:

I have just played a PS Vita for the first time in GAME today and wow what a disappointment, I really wanted to like it but I just couldn't get on with it.
The back touch pad seemed so unresponsive and the Graphics were far from PS3 quality I played Unit 13 some third person shooter which I'll be honest looked worse than Resident Evil Revelations and a Game with an Orange Ball character which used the back touch pad and was just terrible and so unresponsive, I'm sure Uncharted shows what the Console can do but that was not available to play. It's a shame coz the build quality was lush (apart from when using the D-Pad and the analogue stick keeps catching your thumb that was irritating) Oh and while were on thumb sticks I wouldn't get to excited playing games coz they feel like they will snap off if you apply to much pressure.
I hope it does well but for the overpriced £400 price tag I will be waiting for a long while till I get one.

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,447. Posted:

So Found out while looking a PSP RPG thread on gaf http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464557, That some games aren't avaible for download through the vita and you need a PS3. Sony needs to get their stuff together with a web client or something. I can do it a friends house but needing a PS3 to get two games I want seems annoying. (Jeanne d'Arc and Valkyria Chronicles II (Bundle Pack))

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,448. Posted:

So Found out while looking a PSP RPG thread on gaf http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464557, That some games aren't avaible for download through the vita and you need a PS3. Sony needs to get their stuff together with a web client or something. I can do it a friends house but needing a PS3 to get two games I want seems annoying. (Jeanne d'Arc and Valkyria Chronicles II (Bundle Pack))

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,449. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Sold my PS3 a year ago and bought a new 360... This is a bummer to hear but it's probably only temporary. I mean you're one example of a lost sale. There are many, many PSP games I'd be interested in buying, which aren't currently available upon release of the Vita. Like Nintendo, I'm sure they'll add to their library over time.

Apollo

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,450. Posted:

@Shingi, yea I had to do that for MGS Peace Walker and Crystal Defenders. Sucks to see Valkyrie Chronicles 2 unavailable for the Vita

And dang, I saw at least 4 RPGs from that list that I'm interested in.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,451. Posted:

PinkSpider wrote:

I have just played a PS Vita for the first time in GAME today and wow what a disappointment, I really wanted to like it but I just couldn't get on with it.
The back touch pad seemed so unresponsive and the Graphics were far from PS3 quality I played Unit 13 some third person shooter which I'll be honest looked worse than Resident Evil Revelations and a Game with an Orange Ball character which used the back touch pad and was just terrible and so unresponsive, I'm sure Uncharted shows what the Console can do but that was not available to play. It's a shame coz the build quality was lush (apart from when using the D-Pad and the analogue stick keeps catching your thumb that was irritating) Oh and while were on thumb sticks I wouldn't get to excited playing games coz they feel like they will snap off if you apply to much pressure.
I hope it does well but for the overpriced £400 price tag I will be waiting for a long while till I get one.

Do you really think playing Unit 13 gives you a good representation of the handheld? I played the demo and I think it sucks. Have you played Steel Diver before for the 3DS? Yeah, well, what you're saying is like me picking up that game and then tossing the 3DS under the bus. Do yourself a favor, go play Uncharted.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,452. Posted:

everyone should just wait until Gravity Rush is released. I say that because that game looks fantastic and seems like the first justification for the system's existance (similar to Super Mario 3D Land in that way, but likely a better and more awesome game).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,453. Posted:

Dynasty Warriors Next is awesome. Justified my Vita by itself.

The Vita is the best, most comfortable, most enjoyable console I've ever had.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

AutumnShantel

1,454. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Mine just fell off my bass amp while charging. Don't know how but I was pretty scared. D:

Another bassist who uses their inconveniently sized amps for shelves? I'm not alone!

AutumnShantel

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

1,455. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Dynasty Warriors Next is awesome. Justified my Vita by itself.

The Vita is the best, most comfortable, AND most enjoyable console I've ever had.

F for you! :D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,456. Posted:

Vita's Western Launch Beats 3DS Western Launch

Around 600,000 PS Vita systems have been sold since Sony's new handheld launched in the west last week.

In a press release, Sony says that total worldwide sales were over 1.2 million by February 26. According to Media Create data, Vita's lifetime Japanese sales were 578,812 on February 19, suggesting around 600,000 have been sold in Latin and North America, Europe and Australia since last Wednesday. Worldwide software sales are now in excess of two million.

While direct comparisons are impossible, it appears Vita has slightly outperformed the western launch of 3DS. When Nintendo's handheld launched last year it sold 400,000 units in the US, 113,000 in the UK, and 31,000 in Australia, a total of 544,000.

Andrew House, president and CEO of SCE, said: "PS Vita was designed to deliver the ultimate portable entertainment experience, and we couldn't be more thrilled with the reaction we're seeing from consumers and the pace at which PS Vita is selling.

"The market has responded and there is clear demand for a mobile device capable of providing a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real-world context.

"To sustain momentum, we're working closely with thirdparty developers and publishers to ensure the best games and franchises possible will be available on PS Vita, and our software lineup for the remainder of 2012 will have something for everyone across the globe."

Source: edge-online.com

Apollo

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,457. Posted:

Apollo wrote:

Sony says that total worldwide sales were over 1.2 million by February 26

I hate to be that guy, but Vita is available everywhere where I am, no sell outs at retail, not even close. Is there confirmation that Sony isn't stating their combined total sales to retail outlets (Vitas shipped)? ...it wouldn't be the first time they're reporting those numbers as opposed to total sales to end users.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,458. Posted:

The article says sales all throughout it so you shouldn't assume otherwise. "Selling out" isn't a good baromoter on it's own. Items can "sell out" due to supply shortages caused in the manufacturing process for example. Perhaps you should consider that the Vita is on store shelves near you because Sony's estimates on their sales were correct and the right amount of units were shipped. Clearing store shelves is only a great scenario for merchants when the demand is dwarfing estimates. Units sold is what we need to take into consideration as an accurate measurement of the success of the console. 2 million units is a good launch in my opinion. How they follow that up in the months to come is the real test. They were expected to accomplish what they've acciomplished so far.

Apollo

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,459. Posted:

Apollo wrote:

The article says sales all throughout it so you shouldn't assume otherwise. "Selling out" isn't a good baromoter on it's own. Items can "sell out" due to supply shortages caused in the manufacturing process for example. Perhaps you should consider that the Vita is on store shelves near you because Sony's estimates on their sales were correct and the right amount of units were shipped. Clearing store shelves is only a great scenario for merchants when the demand is dwarfing estimates. Units sold is what we need to take into consideration as an accurate measurement of the success of the console. 2 million units is a good launch in my opinion. How they follow that up in the months to come is the real test. They were expected to accomplish what they've acciomplished so far.

Hey, I'm not trying to start an argument here, but it's not clear. I was just wondering whether Sony was judging by units sold vs units shipped (aka sold to retail)...it wouldn't be the first time they've quoted "sell to retail" numbers vs "sell to end consumer" numbers...and yea, there's a difference. I know it's different for fans, but the short time I spend in retail establishments recently...I don't notice anyone even bother playing with demo Vita units. It's hard to perceive it as anything except general lack of interest in Vita...and also hearing employees speaking negatively about demand for it when I ask them candidly how it is doing, so it's kinda surprising Vita would outsell the 3DS in the same period. I mean, definitely kudos to Sony if they've sold 1.2 million to end consumers worldwide...that would indeed be a surprisingly successful launch.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,460. Posted:

And well deserved, this launch didn't completely suck, which is rare for modern day systems.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/