Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,421 to 1,440 of 2,898

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

1,421. Posted:

Got it, as well as Uncharted and a Mod Nation Racers which is similar to 3DS Mario Karts but way way way better. So far the console is working quite well, excellent controls, impressive visuals. The only issue for me is that inserting games is harder than with the 3DS, they are smaller and opening the slot is required, not a problem for me but harder for my kids.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,422. Posted:

Vita > Life

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

pikku

1,423. Posted:

i c wut u did thar

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

1,424. Posted:

has anyone heard of anyone having problems charging their Vita with the AC adaptor? It charges when it's off and plugged into the PS3, but no luck plugging it into the wall. And the plug is facing the right way sticking into the Vita. I guess I'm going to experiment more when I get home, but it definitely was not charging plugged into a wall.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,425. Posted:

This is going to be some fire wood.

It makes the flames HD and portable y'know.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,426. Posted:

It's so sexy o_o

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Chuie

1,427. Posted:

i have modnation racers and uncharted and my awsome vita with a 4gb memory card

3DS FC:1332-8177-3517 currently playing:Tales of xillia (2nd playthrough) BIG TALES OF FAN! BIG SONIC FAN! lloyd x sheena yuri x judith
PSN ID:Bioshock1313
youtube:ChuieTheUmbreon my new channel
i was mieu-fire

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,428. Posted:

FFX has to hurry so I can get one.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,429. Posted:

@Mandoble Only it has no online...

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,430. Posted:

So, I've had my Vita for over a week now and I'm beyond impressed with the ins-and-outs of it. The thing that impresses me more than anything is that it doesn't feel like a portable console. It's seamlessly online integration rivals that of all the home consoles on the market, as well as smartphones. It's quick and effortless to be playing a game, check your messages online and/or trophies and drop right back into gameplay. Heck, you can drop in/out of practically anything effortlessly - even NEAR, which is leagues beyond StreetPass and intuitively integrated into the games.

The analogue sticks do take a little while to become adjusted with, but once you do, it's gives the system that home console controller feel that we've been desiring in a portable. The multiple control interfaces are not only practical, but when executed correctly, extremely intuitive and innovates the gameplay in creative new ways when combined together. In Uncharted, aiming with the analogue sticks is intentionally not 100% accurate to give it a more realistic feel and love it or hate it, it fits the style of the game perfectly, but now you can fine tune your aim when aiming down the sights with the SIXAXIS controls. It works beautifully. I find myself using a mixture of regular and touch/motion controls in Uncharted: touch mechanics to climb, but standard button presses to maneuver ropes; touch controls to reload, instead of the button press, etc. It's not something I intended, as I normally like traditional controls, but with Vita; it works!

Vita is a portable console, but it feels like a home console. That has single-handed been the biggest surprise for me with Vita. I never expected the up-front interface to work better than both the PS3 and Xbox 360, but it does. Heck, even the Vita's PSN Store is streamlined, beautiful and easy to use. Not to mention, the downloads are extremely fast and you can play games while things download in the background - just like on the PS3. Hands down, I'm overly impressed! Great purchase and I can't what this thing has in store for it five years down the road!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

1,431. Posted:

hopefully the store gets a playstation+ section, I also hope they start giving paying members good deals for Vita content and not just PS3 now. And by the way there was definitely something wrong with my Vita. It just wouldn't charge when plugged into a wall so I'm exchanging it today.

Edited on by Squiggle55

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,432. Posted:

@Squiggle55 It's a new system launch. Us early adopters come to expect things like that. I went through a handful of 3DS and PSP systems before getting a working one at their respective launches.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,433. Posted:

I love the touch screen. Now, I need some games. :o
Maybe I should get Wipeout. Or I'll just wait for Gravity Rush.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,434. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

I love the touch screen. Now, I need some games. :o
Maybe I should get Wipeout. Or I'll just wait for Gravity Rush.

Get Uncharted: Golden Abyss and download Tales from Outer Space. That'd be a great way to get started off on the right foot! ;)

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,435. Posted:

The 3DS I have is now officially known as "Vita's ugly sister." Wow, this Sony device is sweet. I really hope it sells well outside Japan(and in Japan too of course). This thing is so slick and so well thought out. The PS Vita Store is a joy to pick through and it launched with so many options right out of the gate. I have to say, I don't know about matching Nintendo's launch sales but the launch itself as in what is offered has the Vita out in front. More launch titles, better launch titles, comes with the store right out of the gate, comes with apps right out of the gate, can be linked to your PC for easy file transfer, remote play with the PS3, it's really, really nice. I don't plan on selling my 3DS but in terms of hardware, the Vita wins. Awesome controls which are comfortable for long gaming sessions.

Some people are busting Sony's balls over the lack of PS2 support but come on, I don't see the Nintendo supporting backward compatibility to the Wii, GC, N64 or SNES. I think Sony would just love to make quick bucks off bringing the PS2 games to the Vita and so there must be some sort of technical issue in doing so. Maybe it's something to do with the visuals or who knows but I hope they figure out a way to bring them over one day. In the meantime I'm loving Uncharted, I just DLed Crush for $5 and I'm really interested in some other shop DL's.

Memory cards. Ugh, they're expensive. This is my only real gripe so far beyond the glitchy sleep mode issues which no doubt will be fixed with a firmware update. Nintendo had to work out some of their own firmware glitches when they launched as well, so it's normal. I remember buying a 3DS on launch and Ghost Recon and some other games used to spontaneously crash. You would lose your unsaved progress. Not only that but after continual issues with Ghost Recon crashing the 3DS corrupted my save file and I lost 20 hours of progress... Grrrr, but this stuff is to be expected. Nintendo sorted out their issues and Sony will do the same. I hope both handhelds sell millions and millions so that it's proven that there is a market for dedicated handheld gaming. Both system have bright futures in my mind and we should be very thankful for this next gen influx of tech!

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,436. Posted:

@Apollo It has a quad core processor! You're dang right it's powerful, that double the iPhone 4. ;)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,437. Posted:

:(

Now I'm craving a Vita.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Apollo

1,438. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

@Apollo It has a quad core processor! You're dang right it's powerful, that double the iPhone 4. ;)

Ha, ha yeah it's sweet having a quad core in the palm of my hands. It's amazing they can keep this beast so easily cooled and then you look at the 360 and...

So the two thumb sticks, this should have been in handhelds loooong ago. The expansion to the 3DS sucks. I have no idea why the didn't design it with two sticks but it's vital to many action adventure games. Sure, Mario is great without but when you talk precision adventure games, you need it. Been playing Uncharted off and on all day. I'm loving it to death. It deserved a 8.5 or a 9.0 based on my experience so far. I'm not sure why reviewers are keeping it at around 8.0. Don't get me wrong, 8.0 is a good score but Uncharted is better than that.

shingi_70 wrote:

:(

Now I'm craving a Vita.

Hang in there. If this thing goes the way of the 3DS you'll be rewarded for you patience with a better price point later. I'm sure they'll have some really great bundles come the fall if you plan is to get one during that season. Look at the great 3DS bundles (Mario + 3DS for under $200) that came out during the holidays.

Moving on, I was complaining about the sleep mode issue with the Vita. Yeah, well, I did a firmware update to 1.61 and the problem is gone, bye, bye. :D

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

1,439. Posted:

@Anyone who has owned a Vita and knows about Near:
How does it work? My understanding from the documents is that it does not do any device to device local communication, instead it just keeps a map of where you have been so that when you then sync that with a server the server will decide if you were "near" anyone (in a very loose definition of the word by my understanding) and then swap gifts between you.

Am I missing anything? Does it do anything more than that?

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,440. Posted:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

@Anyone who has owned a Vita and knows about Near:
How does it work? My understanding from the documents is that it does not do any device to device local communication, instead it just keeps a map of where you have been so that when you then sync that with a server the server will decide if you were "near" anyone (in a very loose definition of the word by my understanding) and then swap gifts between you.

Am I missing anything? Does it do anything more than that?

I'm not a fan of Street Pass, basically because I don't know one single 3DS owner in my area besides myself and I live in the outskirts of a major city that has ten GameStop stores. But NEAR collects information from your save data in everything you play and allows you to 'check-in' via WiFi or 3G and connects you with every Vita connected to the internet in a ten mile radius. Right now on my NEAR I've got 28 connected Vita owners that I can see their screen names/avatars and direction/distance from my location. I can see/compare the games that we own and rate each of them to recommend titles and chat to them if they are online - even if they aren't on your Friends List, but it also gives you the option to add them up too. But the cool thing is that NEAR is brilliantly incorporated Vita games, where you can earn in game unlock via NEAR goods. This can be hidden treasures in Uncharted: Golden Abyss, further games you've not yet unlocked in Little Deviants, alternate costumes in Marvel vs Capcom 3,etc. It's an incredible little system that I cared less about before trying it and has tons of potential going forward.

Don't worry if you don't have anyone close to you with NEAR though, those on you Friends List will also acquire you goodies as well.

With Vita's seamless online integration and fantastic interface, it simple and easy to utilize NEAR while in game too; making it that much better of a system to tinker with. :)