Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,401 to 1,420 of 2,629

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,401. Posted:

The problem is that looking at the launch a lot of the games had a more western appeal. I mean uncharted as your big title in Japan isn't all that great.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,402. Posted:

Kind of shocking that it did so bad in Japan.

Because as we've seen in the past, the first few months of a console release decide whether it's going to be a success or a failure. Brilliant thinking there, Sherlock.

I think it was a bit of bad timing in Japan, I think it probably would have sold better if it had launched everywhere at the same time.

It's a bad time to try and sell any luxury goods in Japan right now.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,403. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Kind of shocking that it did so bad in Japan.

Because as we've seen in the past, the first few months of a console release decide whether it's going to be a success or a failure. Brilliant thinking there, Sherlock.

I don't see how you came to the conclusion that that was what he was implying.:/

Anyways, I just hope the Vita does better here, since I'd like to see it get lots of support. Unlike the 3DS, the Vita is actually what I want out of a Portable game system.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,404. Posted:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Because I was totally getting at that. You're so smart.

Just kidding.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,405. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

ChocoGoldfish wrote:

Because I was totally getting at that. You're so smart.

Just kidding.

You need to make your sarcasm more obvious then. Because you did just imply that you thought the console failed in Japan. Word for word, that's exactly what you said. Absolutely no indication you thought the Vita can still be successful in Japan. Etc etc.

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

1,406. Posted:

Launch sales have some impact on the console's future, but things can change.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,407. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

Launch sales have some impact on the console's future, but things can change.

Yep - PS3 and 3DS are both perfect examples of that (Well, assuming the 3DS continues to sell well enough to be a long term success)

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,408. Posted:

I was shocked it didn't do as well as I thought it would have (as was Sony). Never said anything about it failing.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,409. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

I was shocked it didn't do as well as I thought it would have (as was Sony). Never said anything about it failing.

Well in that case I misinterpreted your post, and I apologise.

To address what your post actually meant, then: I'm not surprised the Vita hasn't sold well in Japan. It's a luxury item at a time where not that many Japanese people can afford luxuries, and those that can are buying cheaper alternatives (3DS).

I'd expect the Vita to pick up in a few months, perhaps after a price cut, or as the Japanese economy normalises a bit after the horrors of 2011.

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,410. Posted:

At a time where the Japanese can't afford luxuries? I know the natural disasters of last year sort of shook things up a lot in Japan, so yes, they are in a way worse off than most. But talk about a time where everyone can't afford luxuries. The hardships are being felt worldwide, and the global economy is reducing itself to crap. Nobody can really find the extra money to treat themselves to something as luxuriously expensive as the Vita. I s'pose Nintendo realised this sooner, and quickly put a slash on the 3DS, along with the fact that it was slightly overpriced. Selling at a loss with more sales is rather better than selling at standard price with less consumers.

I myself have decided to put a hold on purchasing a Vita, which is a shame as I found the launch line-up very tempting. But I know a few other well-anticipated games will be coming later in the year, so I'm not too bothered. Hopefully around mid-year I'll be geared up enough to buy one of these slick machines. I do hope Sony considers a price cut soon though, no matter how far-fetched it may seem at this time.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,411. Posted:

So if you trade in your 3DS in full working condition at Best Buy you can get $100 towards a Vita, apparently. The dark side awaits.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,412. Posted:

Time to finally get rid of my worthless 3DS :D

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,413. Posted:

Funny, as the Vita's launch comes closer, I'm playing my 3DS more...! :o

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

1,414. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

You mean your "smexi Zelda 3DS" ;)

:D

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

1,415. Posted:

i want one but i can't afford it. i have three kids, one of which is a newborn. babies are expensive so i'll have to wait until next year.

looking forward to Bravely Default, P L & the Azran Legacy, Yoshi's Island, Smash Bros, DKC Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, X and Kirby Triple Deluxe.
Playing right now: Pokemon X & Y, ACNL, LOZ: ALBW, and LM: DM
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,416. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

zezhyrule wrote:

You mean your "smexi Zelda 3DS" ;)

:D

;___;

maybe on second thought...

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,417. Posted:

mumof2kids82 wrote:

i want one but i can't afford it. i have three kids, one of which is a newborn. babies are expensive so i'll have to wait until next year.

I have no excuse.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,418. Posted:

mumof2kids82 wrote:

right-o! We stopped at two once we figured out what was causing it.

:)

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

The3DSisMINE

1,419. Posted:

I personally cant wait to get the VITA, only ONE MORE DAY!!!!! But I have decided to get a 8 gb memory and buy all games essentially off the PSN.

PS Vita/Ps3/Ps4/PSN: NeoForceExtreme
3DS FC: 3523-3327-7598
Xbox 360: Neoforcedude
PC/Steam: VitaSmart

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,420. Posted:

Hmm... Grabbing the Vita is no harder than I thought, I'll most likely be grabbing this next year as I just blew my funds on other software and Medabots/Rockman kits. I really do have a spending problem dont I?

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.