Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,321 to 1,340 of 2,912

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,321. Posted:

xmb is better :(

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Corbs

1,322. Posted:

I felt the same way at first, but now I think I prefer this new system. Just takes getting over the initial shock. :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,323. Posted:

Corbs wrote:

I felt the same way at first, but now I think I prefer this new system. Just takes getting over the initial shock. :D

It looks nice but it would take major changes to work in portrait mode. Not only that but VOS would be at a massive disadvantage in both apps and Carrier support. Not only that but why would they put out competing products in the same marketplace.

At best I could see is an Xperia Play Revision 2 that's pretty much the Vita phone.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,324. Posted:

bboy2970 wrote:

why would someone buy a Vita when you can just get a PS3? Portability appears to be the only real advantage Vita has over its console cousin.

You could say the same thing about any handheld.

"Why buy a Game Boy for those dinky little black and white games? I can get a much better experience on a TV screen, and in full color, with my NES."

And so on...

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,325. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

bboy2970 wrote:

why would someone buy a Vita when you can just get a PS3? Portability appears to be the only real advantage Vita has over its console cousin.

"Why buy a Game Boy for those dinky little black and white games? I can get a much better experience on a TV screen, and in full color, with my NES."

And so on...

...no you can't. This is the first time a portable and a handheld of similar power have been out on the market at the same time. You even stated yourself why NES/GB aren't comparable to Vita/PS3.

With that said, portability is the main reason for owning any Portable. If portability isn't a big deal to you, then why do you own a portable at all, bboy?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SamuraiShyGuy

1,326. Posted:

The reason for me to buy a portable has never been for the portability but for the games. That's why I own a 3DS; all the unique and awesome games it offers apart from a home console.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,327. Posted:

I've stated many times that getting a game system for reasons other than the games is where you start to lose me.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,328. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I've stated many times that getting a game system for reasons other than the games is where you start to lose me.

You'd be surprised how many people just use the PSP to play movies and music.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,329. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I do realize many people are stupid.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,330. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Yeah, I used to see people using them as music-players all the time. It helped that iPods were more oftem stolen or taken away by teachers than PSPs.

Edit: And how is that stupid, by the way? It does both well, and for a lot cheaper than an iPod.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,331. Posted:

GundamMac wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

bboy2970 wrote:

And so on...

...no you can't. This is the first time a portable and a handheld of similar power have been out on the market at the same time.

PSP was about as powerful as a PS2, and it came out in 2004 when the PS2 was at its peak. Why do you think there were so many similar games on the two systems? Many PS2 games wound up on the PSP, and quite a few PSP games were ported to the PS2 with enhanced controls (second analog stick).

And the Game Boy was basically a portable NES without color graphics.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,332. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

To be fair, if I didn't have an iPad, the PSP Go's screen is better for watching movies than the iPhone, and Sony's got a big library of content there.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

catcher82611

1,333. Posted:

The main reason why I'm getting the vita is for the opportunities in terms of the possible innovations in gameplay when it comes to all the features it has (rear touchpad, a single large touch screen, etc.) as well as the possibilities involving cross platform play with the ps3, and remote play as well. The fact that it has very impressive graphics doesn't hurt either ;)

PSN: catcher82611
(I'm not that creative)
3DS FC: 4167-4485-9153

Twitter: jeffgklein

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,334. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

GundamMac wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

bboy2970 wrote:

And so on...

...no you can't. This is the first time a portable and a handheld of similar power have been out on the market at the same time.

PSP was about as powerful as a PS2, and it came out in 2004, while the PS2 was at it's peak. And the Game Boy was basically a portable NES without color graphics.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the PSP part. You got me there. And not being able to display color is a bigger difference than you seem to think. As portable as something may be, a lot of people could be easily turned off by the lack of color. I know I would.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,335. Posted:

GundamMac wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PSP was about as powerful as a PS2, and it came out in 2004, while the PS2 was at it's peak. And the Game Boy was basically a portable NES without color graphics.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the PSP part. You got me there. And not being able to display color is a bigger difference than you seem to think. As portable as something may be, a lot of people could be easily turned off by the lack of color. I know I would.

There were plenty of PS2 games on the PSP, and many PSP games were ported to the PS2 with enhanced controls (second analog stick).

With the Vita, Sony is basically doing the same thing, offering a console experience in portable form. They now have all the control options of their consoles (2 analog sticks, a D-pad, 4 face buttons, L and R buttons), plus the additional features of the two touchpads and gyro sensors. So the now Vita is basically the ultimate handheld. I don't think Nintendo or Sony will be able to top it (aside from obvious enhancements in graphics).

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,336. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Stupid? That just crosses the line. It's their choice, and none of your business. Various factors to their decision may include library content, portability, quality, peformance and overall preference. I know somebody who bought a 3DS just so he could watch 3D movies on the go. My friend also mainly uses her PS3 for Netflix and Bluray. So? Sure, they're both primarily gaming consoles, but overall, they cater to various forms of entertainment as well. That's how consoles are evolving. They're not just limited to gaming anymore, and it draws in more consumers that way.

Do think before you start to speak from your rear end, kkslider.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,337. Posted:

I played an actual demo unit at GameStop yesterday, and I've changed my opinion. I like the Vita. The screen is beautiful, the menu system is fast (much faster than the 3DS and PS3), and the buttons feel comfortable. The rear touchpad is responsive, playing Little Deviants was fun. The only things I don't like are how flimsy the analog sticks feel (they don't feel sturdy like the DualShock sticks), and the Start, Select, and Home buttons are too tiny.

Regardless of those minor complaints, the rest of the system is solid and feels well-built. I'm amazed at the clarity and crispness of the screen, and it's much bigger than it looks in pictures. In fact, the whole system is a lot bigger than I originally thought, about the same size as the original PSP model (PSP-1000).

Also, it's light, very light.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,338. Posted:

My friend mainly uses his PSP for music. I guess he's stupid!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,339. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

My friend mainly uses his PSP for music. I guess he's stupid!

I use my 3DS for music (and games), I guess I'm stupid too! :(

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,340. Posted:

You fools. Am I the only genius here that only plays games on their PSP/3DS?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!