Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 2,791

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,281. Posted:

So are you guys saying I have to have my ps vita and my ps3 on the same account in order for me to transfer the psp games?

so once i download my game from the japanese PSN ,And if i take my micro sd card out of the ps vita and do a system format, and set my american account up, shouldnt the micro sd still have all the data on it? and i should be able to play my game?

Edited on by Dynetheous

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

1,282. Posted:

@shingi_70 - I have used the browser quite often at work and find it a little buggy. When scrolling down a page whilst it is still loading, the rendering messes up a bit and when zooming some pages, the text in places stays tiny, but just spread further apart. I'm not too keen on the browser, to be honest. It's 100% touch control, too. No scrolling with the sticks/dpad.

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,283. Posted:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

@shingi_70 - I have used the browser quite often at work and find it a little buggy. When scrolling down a page whilst it is still loading, the rendering messes up a bit and when zooming some pages, the text in places stays tiny, but just spread further apart. I'm not too keen on the browser, to be honest. It's 100% touch control, too. No scrolling with the sticks/dpad.

So it's like the iPod Touch browser? That's good for me, cause I love the iPod Touch.

Wait, when were you able to use the Vita's browser? I thought all the demo units only ran games.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,284. Posted:

^ Japanese units were made available recently... He must have bought one of those apparently.
Any impressions on the Gravity Daze Demo? I'm really looking forward to that game.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

CorusFace

1,285. Posted:

I tried the Vita out the other day at Gamestop, and..... I wasn't impressed. I felt it was built up to offer waaaaaay more than it really did. Control sticks feel way too lose and interfere with the other buttons. The screen, while clear, didn't seem as crisp and bright as I imagined an OLED would be. Most games, while they looked good, didn't "wow" me. Very little was done that the 3DS can't accomplish. And 30fps?? You kidding me?? Maybe I just expected too much. Maybe it was my own fault. But for $250 (plus expenses for all the proprietary crap) I won't be purchasing one. The 3DS is just way too good and provides way too much right now.

http://www.nintendoconnect.com/

AuthorMessage

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

1,286. Posted:

Pre-ordered my Wi-Fi Vita, 8GB Memory Card, & Uncharted Golden Abyss today! I'll also be downloading Gravity Rush from PSN day one. :)

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

1,287. Posted:

I have decided to wait on getting the Vita at launch. I still plan on getting one eventually but unless I win one from Taco Bell I will just wait for the inevitable price drop. :D

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,288. Posted:

@Wolf Do you need a "Big Box" for that?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,289. Posted:

CorusFace wrote:

I tried the Vita out the other day at Gamestop, and..... I wasn't impressed. I felt it was built up to offer waaaaaay more than it really did. Control sticks feel way too lose and interfere with the other buttons. The screen, while clear, didn't seem as crisp and bright as I imagined an OLED would be. Most games, while they looked good, didn't "wow" me. Very little was done that the 3DS can't accomplish. And 30fps?? You kidding me?? Maybe I just expected too much. Maybe it was my own fault. But for $250 (plus expenses for all the proprietary crap) I won't be purchasing one. The 3DS is just way too good and provides way too much right now.

Seems like you got yourself hyped up.

Oled is amazing but doesn't phase me as I have a super amoled plus display
30fps. only around 5 games run at 60fps on the 3ds
can't comment on the controls
I'd argue the Vita offers more but thats the whole all in one topic for another time.
seems pretty close to the 3DS launch.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

1,290. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

@Wolf Do you need a "Big Box" for that?

LOL. Yeah, especially with a winning code. ;)

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,291. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

that's pretty freaking atrocious if true then

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,292. Posted:

So ive been looking around and stuff, and my question (again) is I wont have any problems if i download MH3rd onto my ps3, then use a flash drive to transfer it to my pc and then connect my psvita to the computer and transfer the game over again to the vita. Is there some reason why that should'nt work?

and if it does work, can someone give me a link or something so someone can show me how to do it, cause i feel like if i did it on my own, I would fail :P

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,293. Posted:

Why don't you just download the game from your vita?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Corbs

1,294. Posted:

If you download MH3rd onto your PS3, you can just connect the Vita to the PS3 using the USB cable that comes with it and you can download it onto the system. Or you can just download it directly to your Vita.

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

1,295. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

@shingi_70 - I have used the browser quite often at work...

Wait, when were you able to use the Vita's browser? I thought all the demo units only ran games.

At work... I'm working on LBP Vita. I often do a bit of sneaky NL browsing on the Vita rather than my huge monitor so nobody can see that I'm slacking. :)

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,296. Posted:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

@shingi_70 - I have used the browser quite often at work...

At work... I'm working on LBP Vita. I often do a bit of sneaky NL browsing on the Vita rather than my huge monitor so nobody can see that I'm slacking. :)

:O tsk tsk Dan!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,297. Posted:

Corbs wrote:

If you download MH3rd onto your PS3, you can just connect the Vita to the PS3 using the USB cable that comes with it and you can download it onto the system. Or you can just download it directly to your Vita.

shingi_70 wrote:

Why don't you just download the game from your vita?

If you both haven't been following the conversation, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd was released only in Japan :3

@Zephren: Just import the physical copy and play it on your PS3, or else wait for a Vita re-release of the HD version :P

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,298. Posted:

@zezhyrule What if they dont release MH portable 3rd in america? I would love if they did, but chances are that they wont, since there's not too big of a fan base here. But i guess i can always hope :P i might just wait till monster hunter 4 comes out instead... but thats gonna be awhile
(i dont really want to import right now since ill be in japan during the summer, and i can get a few things when im over there)

Edited on by Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

Raptor78

1,299. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

CorusFace wrote:

Seems like you got yourself hyped up.

Oled is amazing but doesn't phase me as I have a super amoled plus display
30fps. only around 5 games run at 60fps on the 3ds
can't comment on the controls
I'd argue the Vita offers more but thats the whole all in one topic for another time.

Been playing on theDemo units and hardware feels really cheap. The shoulder buttons are flimsy and I expect them to snap off with one bad fall, my 3DS got run over and still works (dont ask me how that happened) but the worst thing is the controls, the 'nipples' or analogue sticks are way too small, mabey because the stick out too much they do feel flimsy and the buttons are small and hard.
I liked the look of the Oled screen but it just wasnt sensitive enough and as mentioned in the quoted post the graphics didnt WOW me. I commented about the l.o.o.o.o.n.g. loading times both before and during the game but this is because the software was dowloaded and the carts should be faster. Overall pretty dissapointed with the system, my son (aged 8) tried it and saw the price and said "Why dont people just buy a PS3 with some games instead" and you know what I couldnt argue with him.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

1,300. Posted:

I agree with those disappointed with the Vita demo units. I already wasn't even a little impressed by the Vita but I at least thought it would feel solid. I mean, for 250 dollars it BETTER feel solid! Unfortunately, it feel very cheap. Especially those sticks. I feel sorry for those that were so hyped about those things because they feel like crap. I imagine the problem can only get worse over time since they protrude from the system. Also, the graphics while they are admittedly better than 3DS (obviously) they weren't amazing...Unfortunately (for Sony...I'm indifferent) This is all not looking good for the poor thing when it launches.

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970