Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,261 to 1,280 of 2,855

AuthorMessage

DanteSolablood

1,261. Posted:

I have to admit, I love the placing of the buttons on the PS Vita... and I've not necessarily being it's biggest fan on other threads. :lol: Maybe it's more to do with having used the DS2/DS3 fan for years having mutated my hands into the right shape for the Vita?

Game Name: Danse
Pokedex needs: Pokédex Complete (718), shinies only.
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Safari Type: Steel - Skarmary, Mawile, Klefki
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter: DanteSolablood

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,262. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

Karakato wrote:

My friend just got a Vita some weeks ago, and I have to say, the buttons are that of GBA sp/DS phat quality which is the superior quality all around also, those analogs really feel just as good as the DS3. I love the 3DS, but the awkward squeaky buttons pales compared to the Vita's. No doubt I'll be grabbing this lady come mid year.

Squeaky? Mine don't squeak at all. I hardly noticed any difference when I tried the Vita.

I never was a big fan of Sony's controllers. I don't understand why they insist on putting the analogs in weird places. Also, ironically I think the DS3's analogs are too big and the Vita's are too small.

The analog sticks are positioned right next to each other so the controller looks symmetrical. It's all about aesthetics.

I wonder how people would feel if the analog sticks on an Xbox 360 controller were positioned above the buttons?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,263. Posted:

sorry guys i have another question. Im really wanting monster hunter 3rd for the psp, and i dont have my psp anymore. So my question, is there anyway to download MH 3rd on my ps3 and then transfer it to my ps vita? It would be alot easier if i could just have several PSN accounts on my ps vita but sony kinda screwed that.

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

DanteSolablood

1,264. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

I wonder how people would feel if the analog sticks on an Xbox 360 controller were positioned above the buttons?

Well I don't know about the Xbox 360 as I've only played my brother's 360 a few times.... but they could have moved the stick onto the BACK of the original Xbox controller and it wouldn't have made a difference. It was so HUUUUU~GE I couldn't use it for more than 5 minutes at a time. Gawd bless the SP controller that got released a while later. :D

Game Name: Danse
Pokedex needs: Pokédex Complete (718), shinies only.
3DS FC: 1461-6243-5395
Safari Type: Steel - Skarmary, Mawile, Klefki
"Friendship is rare, hand me that shotgun buddy, hand me that chair."

Twitter: DanteSolablood

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,265. Posted:

Zephren wrote:

sorry guys i have another question. Im really wanting monster hunter 3rd for the psp, and i dont have my psp anymore. So my question, is there anyway to download MH 3rd on my ps3 and then transfer it to my ps vita? It would be alot easier if i could just have several PSN accounts on my ps vita but sony kinda screwed that.

Well for one thing you'd have to import a PSN card from japan. But I'm not sure if you could play japanese PSN games on a PSP/Vita that's in another region.

Someone needs to try that, download some free PSP demo from another region onto teh PS3 and transfer it over, see if it runs.

Back to your question, unless the above works I think you'd be better off either importing the HD remaster for the PS3, or waiting for the rumored Vita port of that game.

MHP3 is great though, it's a shame you sold your PSP because MHP3 is probably my favorite MH game n__n

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,266. Posted:

I have a random Japanese psn card on my desk, so im set for that. But i thought that sony said that the vita wasnt region locked, so im thinking that it should work. but i guess ill try what you said @zezhyrule , ill download a free demo from japan and transfer it to my vita when it comes out, and see if that works. ..now i just have to wait another week for my vita :3

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,267. Posted:

Zephren wrote:

I have a random Japanese psn card on my desk, so im set for that. But i thought that sony said that the vita wasnt region locked, so im thinking that it should work. but i guess ill try what you said @zezhyrule , ill download a free demo from japan and transfer it to my vita when it comes out, and see if that works. ..now i just have to wait another week for my vita :3

Why do you need to download it from the Japanese PSN? Isn't Portable 3rd available in America and Europe (wherever you live)?

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,268. Posted:

Tendoboy, really. Come on now, any normal person who cares to know something like that would simply Google. Otherwise they'd just sound silly. As if the current conversation didn't give it away already, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd has not been localized, and is only available in Japan.

AuthorMessage

Colors

1,269. Posted:

Man I'm tempted to get a Vita launch day instead of waiting for a price drop and/or new, sexier version. Plus not many launch games that I want, besides Uncharted. But God, this is still torture D:

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,270. Posted:

Stay with me colors, wait for the sexier redesign! Don't give into first-day temptation, it always lets you down later u__u

AuthorMessage

cheapogamer4life

1,271. Posted:

im with @lady on this one. Not sure if i should go ahead and pull the trigger on the special edition version or wait a few months for a better deal. Been looking for that bit of information that would turn this into a day one purchase for me, but from what ive seen so far all signs point to holding of a bit. Maybe i'll head down to my local GS this weekend to see if they have a demo unit set-up.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,272. Posted:

cheapogamer4life wrote:

im with @lady on this one. Not sure if i should go ahead and pull the trigger on the special edition version or wait a few months for a better deal. Been looking for that bit of information that would turn this into a day one purchase for me, but from what ive seen so far all signs point to holding of a bit. Maybe i'll head down to my local GS this weekend to see if they have a demo unit set-up.

They have demo units at Best Buy.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,273. Posted:

well i have no problem downloading japanese content and playing it on my ps3, the question now is, will it work if i transfer it to the ps vita? one week till i find out

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,274. Posted:

My guess is it'll work, but you'll likely need to manually link and unlink the Vita from your American account to use the Japanese account and vice versa every time you wanna change regions. ...hopefully, you won't need to re-download everything to your memory card when you make the switch back and forth.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,275. Posted:

sykotek wrote:

My guess is it'll work, but you'll likely need to manually link and unlink the Vita from your American account to use the Japanese account and vice versa every time you wanna change regions. ...hopefully, you won't need to re-download everything to your memory card when you make the switch back and forth.

Doesn't the Vita delete everything from the memory card each time you change accounts?

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

1,276. Posted:

I'm crossing my fingers for a blue Vita :3

Orange is a huge stetch though :(

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,277. Posted:

Zephren wrote:

well i have no problem downloading japanese content and playing it on my ps3, the question now is, will it work if i transfer it to the ps vita? one week till i find out

If it's on a separate account, then maybe but from what I hear it's difficult to have multiple accounts on the Vita

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

chiwii

1,278. Posted:

I saw a Vita at Gamestop yesterday. Wow, that screen is nice. I wasn't planning on getting one, and I don't even know what the launch games are. After seeing one, though, I'm going to find out more about the games.

chiwii

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,279. Posted:

Has anyone with a Vita tried Browser Acid tests or links to one? Also does the broswer use HTML5?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,280. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Stay with me colors, wait for the sexier redesign! Don't give into first-day temptation, it always lets you down later u__u

Good luck on waiting Zez, because I sure as hell can't. :D

Also, just one more week until my Vita comes to me! My body is beyond ready! :D

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990