1,241. Posted:

Is anyone going all digital?

Edited on by theblackdragon

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,242. Posted:

All digital? Wait, wait, wait. Is there some kind of option on the Vita where you can get all retail games via download-only that's been announced or something? People are mentioning that word a lot right now. O_o

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,243. Posted:

You didn't know all votes games will be digital and have a slight discount on the retail games. Some are on psn to purchase now.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,244. Posted:

Well, so long as they don't eradicate physical distribution altogether, though I can see this is a step towards that direction already. Really, I still think it's too early, but then people'll argue that if we don't start now, we never will so...

I kinda like my retail games on a cartridge, save for things that originally were for PSN. Despite the discounts, I think I'll stick the traditional route, as far as I can. Except for maybe the cheaper retail games that may tickle my fancy. I may be able to bring myself to download those.

Then again, on the rare exception that there may be a big release I anticipate, and I don't have the resources to import, the download feature's a nice option. It's a good last resort, but not really something I'll tag as my main option.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,245. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Is anyone going all digital?

Yeah. I try to make sure the publisher, rather than the retailer, gets my money where possible.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Nintenzo

1,246. Posted:

I got a chance to play a Vita at a GameStop the other day, and I was thoroughly impressed by it. :D The touchpad thingy on the back is really weird, though. XD

BBBBBBackloggery

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Nintenzo_

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,247. Posted:

On the nexus thing. Adobe will be updating the current build but won't support when the next version of android hits.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,248. Posted:

My friend just got a Vita some weeks ago, and I have to say, the buttons are that of GBA sp/DS phat quality which is the superior quality all around also, those analogs really feel just as good as the DS3. I love the 3DS, but the awkward squeaky buttons pales compared to the Vita's. No doubt I'll be grabbing this lady come mid year.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

James

1,249. Posted:

And everyone was friends the end.

Going to leave this locked to give you guys a chance to cool down. I'll reopen it soon.

However I do want to say that this is the PS VITA DISCUSSION THREAD so please use it to, you know, discuss PS Vita and shiz instead of flinging tired old half-insults at each other.

Edited on by James

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,250. Posted:

you'll all note that I've cleaned the crap out of this thread. now, let's talk Vita!
or i'll ban you all! D: D: D:

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Corbs

1,251. Posted:

Happy Happy Joy Joy - Happy Happy Joy Joy! :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,252. Posted:

Vita is so awesome!

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,253. Posted:

So how is the back touchpad and how does it compare say ti the 3ds bottom screen.

shingi_70

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,254. Posted:

@shingi: You can't really compare a touchpad to a touchscreen. :P

I do hope it's responsive enough though.

AuthorMessage

Corbs

1,255. Posted:

It's VERY responsive. Maybe even more so than the front touchscreen. Very accurate.

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,256. Posted:

Ah, good to know, Corbs. I look forward to trying it out myself then.

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

1,257. Posted:

Karakato wrote:

My friend just got a Vita some weeks ago, and I have to say, the buttons are that of GBA sp/DS phat quality which is the superior quality all around also, those analogs really feel just as good as the DS3. I love the 3DS, but the awkward squeaky buttons pales compared to the Vita's. No doubt I'll be grabbing this lady come mid year.

Squeaky? Mine don't squeak at all. I hardly noticed any difference when I tried the Vita.

I never was a big fan of Sony's controllers. I don't understand why they insist on putting the analogs in weird places. Also, ironically I think the DS3's analogs are too big and the Vita's are too small.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,258. Posted:

Untitled
Yup, my buttons are squeaky, must be a defect then. But I still stand by my claim that the Vita buttons are great, and that touch pad... rawr!

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,259. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

I never was a big fan of Sony's controllers. I don't understand why they insist on putting the analogs in weird places.

Weird places? You mean the most natural place for both of a person's thumbs to rest is weird for you? Besides it's not weird at all since they were the first ones to do it--everyone else who copies them is.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

1,260. Posted:

The placement isn't that bad. Though, I prefer the Gamecube's layout over the PS2/PS3 and CCPro...

Xbox 360's layout is comfortable for me more than "side by side" sticks.

komicturtle