JayArr

1,221. Posted:

One more week. n__n

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,222. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

By not ready I thought they meant that ISPs are too locked down and moat people only have the basic Internet plans which are too slow for downloading mass amounts of data. Also on the phone side you aren't even allowed to download big files over 3G because of the time it takes. Unless your running fios or tootle Tiber your sol.

That's just America, I think. From what I can tell, Europe (and certainly Japan) has really good Internet.

Incidently I expect the Vita to sell better in Europe and Japan than the US. I don't think Sony understands the US market as well.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,223. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

So. Army Corp of Hell.

y/n?

Denomic pikmin hells yeah

Is that lords of apocalypse game coming to the west.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,224. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

By not ready I thought they meant that ISPs are too locked down and moat people only have the basic Internet plans which are too slow for downloading mass amounts of data. Also on the phone side you aren't even allowed to download big files over 3G because of the time it takes. Unless your running fios or tootle Tiber your sol.

there are multiple reasons behind it, and of course access to internet (whether via wi-fi or 3G plan) is going to be an obstacle too, but yeah — IMO the average person is not yet ready to take that step into a fully download-only gaming culture. we walk into a game store/poke around Amazon and eBay and expect to see physical copies of games available for play on our brand new consoles, not to be told that most of the playable games (for now) are only available for download over the internet. we're slowly making the transition (tech-savvy and gamers perhaps quicker than most?), but we're not fully there just yet.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,225. Posted:

i tried the ps vita at best buy as well...but the guy was stupid and i only played one game:( after i said i reserved it at gamestop he took it away from me lol. never got to try out the back touch pad or the face buttons, but it looked really nice

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,226. Posted:

Don't feel like backtracking to see if it was posted but vita games already are on pan and cheaper then their retail counterparts.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462329

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,227. Posted:

Zephren wrote:

i tried the ps vita at best buy as well...but the guy was stupid and i only played one game:( after i said i reserved it at gamestop he took it away from me lol. never got to try out the back touch pad or the face buttons, but it looked really nice

...and it's service like that or lack thereof, that continues to push Best Buy into a worse financial state.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,228. Posted:

@shingi_70: That's interesting...probably the one thing I can say that Sony is doing right, so far, with the Vita. I would choose hard copy over digital every time when the price is the exact same, but I don't really know how I feel about it when the price is better for digital...

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,229. Posted:

I wonder how they factor retail discounts. I could get hot its on pan for $35 or get it on amazon for $30 plus free shipping withmy prime discount.

I wonder if the games are playable on the ps3.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

1,230. Posted:

@sykotek I agree about choosing a hard copy over digital every time if the price is the same. I don't think I'll ever lose my desire to have a physical bookshelf for my books and video games. I'm going to be very torn when something like Littlebigplanet comes out and it's only a 10 dollar savings to download...

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,231. Posted:

I prefer digital books and music. I do however but hardcopies and vinyl for show purposes or if really like the book.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,232. Posted:

i know that the downloaded games take space on your memory card, but does the physical game take any memory?

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,233. Posted:

@Zephren: I think it would, that's why the memory cards are required by retail games in the first place, to store save data.

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,234. Posted:

@sykotek well thats what i figured, so really its just better to get a digital version of the game. im getting the hard copy of wipeout...and im hoping that monster hunter freedom unite doesnt take too much memory

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,235. Posted:

MHFU is about 1.6GB. The data install is a little bit over 500MB, and it's pretty much required (as I'm sure you know) unless you love loading screens. The save data itself isn't worth mentioning, something like 2MB. So if you plan on having more than one PSP game, you'll need at least a 8GB card. And Vita games, well...

All the stuff that's required to use a Vita (besides the console itself) is going to break my poor wallet ;___;

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

1,236. Posted:

I have to try it out @_@

Just wish Ratchet and Clank were launch titles (I know one is coming eventually).

Dark Cloud 3 would seal the deal for me.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,237. Posted:

@sykotek: No I bought my PS3 new

@TendoBoy: I agree with PolkaDotChocobo as much as I hated the fact that PS3 didnt have backwards compatibility they still got me to by one due to the fact that they brought out a new Twisted Metal. Yes if they didnt bring out a new Twisted Metal than yes I wouldnt have bought a PS3 but in the end I did buy one despite the fact that there wasnt backwards compatibility and thats all that Sony cares about is people buying their systems. In the end I was able to look past the non backward compatibility and buy one even though I am not happy that the newer ones dont have that option I still bought it.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

ImDiggerDan

1,238. Posted:

@Zephren - Games on the game cards can either use the game card to save or the memory card. This is not something the user decides, it is chosen by the developer at the time of manufacture. Most card based games (I would imagine) will save to the game card, but some (LittleBigPlanet, for example) will need more save space than the game card can offer and will require a memory card to play.

Author of Digger Dan DSiWare.
Coming very soon to Nintendo 3DS via the eShop.
www.diggerdan.co.uk

Twitter: MickW8s

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,239. Posted:

ImDiggerDan wrote:

@Zephren - Games on the game cards can either use the game card to save or the memory card. This is not something the user decides, it is chosen by the developer at the time of manufacture. Most card based games (I would imagine) will save to the game card, but some (LittleBigPlanet, for example) will need more save space than the game card can offer and will require a memory card to play.

Well a game like LittleBigPlanet obviously needs a memory card for all the DLC and user-created levels.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,240. Posted:

Decided not to get a Vita at launch. That whole order price is just way too much right now. I'd rather concentrate on finally getting a 3DS and all anticipated games coming this year. Then maybe later in the year, I can consider a Vita, especially when a few bigger games come out (not that I'm dissing the launch line-up). There might even be a limited edition Vita model by that time. :O

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf