Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 121 to 140 of 2,893

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

121. Posted:

Personally I just don't care about the PSV at the moment. Yeah, it has better everything (tech-wise) compared the 3DS, but that's what everyone said about the PSP and look at what happened there. Also, most of the games that I saw were either games I don't care about (Uncharted), games that looked unfinsihed (Ruin), or games that don't appeal to me as much as other games of the same genre (Modnation Racers).

EDIT: Just added technical details. :P

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Adam

122. Posted:

It is pointless to compare the two while one company hasn't had its presentation yet. Can we wait 3 hours or so to declare our allegiances? We can mostly only compare tech and back catalogs right now, yes, but new stuff is what I buy hardware for. And while neither handheld has shown much in that territory, Nintendo can really push there today. LBP looks like an update to LBP2. I understand Uncharted is a new game, I think, but it looks like any of the others so far, and SF X T is a port. Nintendo's big game of the year came out in the 90s, but they'll be crazy not to show Paper Mario and Mario Kart today, which should easily put the handheld above Vita for the majority of people on this forum, and probably for the majority of people who buy handhelds.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

Hardy83

123. Posted:

For me, it was hard enough to justify buying a 3DS to begin with, let alone knowing that the PSV is the same price and, in my opinion, offers far more features and abilities.

That said, I'm one of those weirdos that own multiple systems. I'll probably end up with both at some point, but the 3DS not likely until it price drops to 199 or less.

And yes, the Nintendo press conference isn't here yet, so who knows. Maybe they will drop the price or maybe they'll be some mind blowing games for the 3DS, and I imagine there will be.

Apples and oranges in terms of system differences yes, but there is no difference in your money. Especially if you can't afford both system, you have to pick.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage

pixelman

124. Posted:

weird_adam wrote:

It is pointless to compare the two while one company hasn't had its presentation yet. Can we wait 3 hours or so to declare our allegiances? We can mostly only compare tech and back catalogs right now, yes, but new stuff is what I buy hardware for. And while neither handheld has shown much in that territory, Nintendo can really push there today. LBP looks like an update to LBP2. I understand Uncharted is a new game, I think, but it looks like any of the others so far, and SF X T is a port. Nintendo's big game of the year came out in the 90s, but they'll be crazy not to show Paper Mario and Mario Kart today, which should easily put the handheld above Vita for the majority of people on this forum, and probably for the majority of people who buy handhelds.

Just ftr, Super Mario 3D is their big game of the year, as the Super Mario games always are. Zelda is just a quick port to tide us over until they can release SM3D later this year, which they've confirmed will happen.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

skywake

125. Posted:

The PSV is more powerful than the 3DS, no 3D but it has a 5" screen instead of the 3.5" 3DS screen. It gets an extra hour of battery life but from then on there are no huge technical differences. So I guess what you really need to ask yourself is whether or not an extra hour of battery, better graphics and a bigger screen is worth more than Nintendo exclusives (Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Icarus), 3D and portability.

........ and I'm not sure how much the graphics will sway me given how good 3DS games look.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

126. Posted:

PSV is more powerful- but not by a lot. At least, not significantly, really.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

127. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

Not by a lot?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

128. Posted:

To be honest, I really don't see a huge significant jump. PSV has a beautiful screen but really, Resident Evil Revelations is on par with that Uncharted game- the former is not even complete according to Capcom and doesn't make full use of the 3DS' power.

I mean, this isn't DS vs PSP and we know how much of a difference those two were in terms of power. 3DS vs PSV- it's just not the same as the DS vs PSP situation. That's what I mean.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

129. Posted:

I'm not buying it. From what I've seen, Vita games look far better than the games on the 3DS. But does it matter? I thought it was pretty clear here that graphics =/= a good game? It's about the games and the gameplay, and for me, that's where the Vita excels. Street Fighter X Tekken, Wipeout 2048, Uncharted: Golden Compass, LittleBig Planet, Resistance, Bioshock, not Ruin, Killzone, Little Deviants, Super Stardust Delta, Gravity Daze, Sound Shapes, Dragon's crown...and those are just the games I'm interested in.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

130. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

No its not. I've got my 3DS in my lap right now, and I love the thing, but the Vita has probably close to 3 times the power of the 3DS. 3DS is not a powerful system, and the 3D drops the frame-rate severely. With that said the 3D is absolutely beautiful!

3DS doesn't need to be powerful for what it does. It - like the Wii - delivers games that we love that don't need the power of the Vita. These aren't handheld that need to be compared, they have a totally different appeal that makes each unique and worthy of owning both.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

131. Posted:

Vita looks like ot will have online games unlike the 3ds is looking right ow.

other games have it like street fighter so why cant nintendo throw wifi on kid Icarus and starfox

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

lockd

132. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Vita looks like ot will have online games unlike the 3ds is looking right ow.

other games have it like street fighter so why cant nintendo throw wifi on kid Icarus and starfox

Kid Icarus has Wi-Fi multiplayer :)

Love and Tolerance
Pokemon White FC: 4813 7276 6192
3DS FC: 4854 6468 0712
deviantART

AuthorMessage

Joetherocker

133. Posted:

Well, 3DS software killed any chances of me ever picking up the Vita.

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

AuthorMessage

skywake

134. Posted:

Power meant something in the PSP v DS contest, it sure as hell meant something in the Wii v 360/PS3 contest but I'm not sure how much it means with PSV v 3DS. Power is still important but the PSP v DS contest was kinda an underpowered PS2 v and overpowered N64 while PSV v 3DS is more like a Wii v a severely crippled PS3. Not as big a deal I don't think.........

Plus the 3DS has OoT 3D, Starfox, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Kid Icarus and others I'm probably forgetting coming out before the PSV even hits shelves. After that we get Luigi's Mansion and Smash Bros. Why wouldn't I want a 3DS before the end of the year? When I have one will I really need a PSV?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

135. Posted:

@skywake Considering you're a Nintendo die-hard you will very likely not need a Vita. I say that with complete sincerity - there is not one thing with being a loyal Nintendo fan at all! I myself enjoy games on ALL the system, and you can bet on it that I will be buying all the great 3DS games: Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Star Fox, Mario 3DS, etc. Heck, I paid up in full on my Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS the day they started taking pre-orders and already purchased Zelda: Link's Awakening DX today as well. I love Nintendo too, but I also understand what they are as a company, and they aren't a company that will ever push the hardware limits again because that will put the majority of their customers outside of what they can afford and/or willing to afford.

I've already stated this, but there is a vast difference between Vita and 3DS - in more ways than just specs and power. You guys will understand it all soon enough when you start seeing more of what is coming to Vita. There is some truly amazing things happening for Vita that set it apart as a handheld console and it will be worth every penny of the $250 asking price.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

136. Posted:

All I need to know is that it's getting Wipeout. That alone will make the thing worth it.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

137. Posted:

Time will tell, so.

Just as people are waiting for 3DSlite, I'll probably wait for VitaSlim unless Ratchet&Clank is released on the system. With the amount of software coming to 3DS, I think I'll be set for awhile but I will get a Vita. Just not as soon as many others here.

Oh, and who's pronouncing it "Veeta"?
I think it sounds better like that imo.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

138. Posted:

Time will tell? (not just directed at you, Komic, but everyone saying "wait and see" here)

No, it's guaranteed that the Vita will have good games. It's completely irrational to say otherwise. The PSP has some great games, the DS/ 3DS have some great games. DSiWare had some great games.

Any console that comes from the big three publishers (four if you include Apple) is guaranteed to have good games. That's not even up for debate.

Of course, whether a console is of value to you personally is another matter. I'm going to be a "wait and see" for the Wii U, for instance.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Stine

139. Posted:

Nintendo's conference killed any excitement I had about the Vita. I'm gonna buy games for my 3DS and catch up on the PSP, and I probably won't get a Vita until a few years have passed. I think I'd want a PS3 and a Wii U before I'd buy a Vita.

3DS code: 2878-9571-7307
Wii code: 2620-3845-5888-0097
PSN ID: Stines92
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

140. Posted:

Stine wrote:

Nintendo's conference killed any excitement I had about the Vita. I'm gonna buy games for my 3DS and catch up on the PSP, and I probably won't get a Vita until a few years have passed. I think I'd want a PS3 and a Wii U before I'd buy a Vita.

I agree completely. The Wii U announcement video shows how much potential the console has. That and the PS3's library shaping up very nicely mean I'll be waiting a while before getting a Vita.

Actually, thinking back, I got my PSX late (2000), my PS2 late (2006) and my PSP late (a month ago). Buying Sony gaming devices late in their lifespan seems to be a habit for me now. O.o

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042