Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 2,903

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,181. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Lordlz wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

GundamMac wrote:

You had to pay money to use the UMD passport anyways, not like it was such a hot idea in the first place.

I don't even think it did well in Japan.

Who would have thought that charging extra for playing games you already own would be so unpopular? ;)

Just play it on the PSP :p

That would require owning two systems and not trading in one for a discount on the other. Is it worth it?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,182. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Lordlz wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

GundamMac wrote:

You had to pay money to use the UMD passport anyways, not like it was such a hot idea in the first place.

I don't even think it did well in Japan.

Who would have thought that charging extra for playing games you already own would be so unpopular? ;)

Just play it on the PSP :p

That would require owning two systems and not trading in one for a discount on the other. Is it worth it?

Well, personally I never trade in my own consoles.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,183. Posted:

Yeah what turtle said. I never get rid of any of my consoles. If you do, you shouldn't expect to play the games on any thing else than the console they were made for.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,184. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Yeah what turtle said. I never get rid of any of my consoles. If you do, you shouldn't expect to play the games on any thing else than the console they were made for.

Unless it's a Nintendo console ;) :D

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,185. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

No Nintendo consoles were b/c until the DS, and then the Wii. But Ninty likes to go and take out the b/c feature, as they did with both of those consoles in the redesigns.

Actually sorry, the GBC could play GB games, and the GBA could play GB/C games... But still, they took that b/c out too with the micro u__u

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,186. Posted:

@zez, whoever's arguing atm: yes, the redesigns do generally remove backwards compatibility, but whether people bought it for the existing library of DS games or not, the 3DS is backwards compatible (at this time) and they were able to tout that ability at launch — hey, if you don't have a DS yet, just grab yourself a 3DS and you can pick up all these amazing games, and if you do already have a DS, you're in luck! just trade in your old system and keep your games, you can totes still play 'em! y'know, that kind of thing. probably made upselling that much easier in stores; i know i heard the guys in gamestop talking about it to people whenever i went in for other stuff pre-3DS-launch.

The Vita won't be able to say that, so (at first) it's gonna have the same problem the Go had — most of its available games will be download-only, and the average person isn't quite ready to go full-on download-only just yet. Yes, eventually it will have its system-sellers, but for now, without sellers being able to say that it's fully compatible with these shelves worth of UMD games over here — and of course the handful released at launch that maybe people want and maybe they don't — i can't see initial sales being anything but sluggish in terms of John Q. Averageguy.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,187. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Lordlz wrote:

No Nintendo consoles were b/c until the DS, and then the Wii. But Ninty likes to go and take out the b/c feature, as they did with both of those consoles in the redesigns.

Actually sorry, the GBC could play GB games, and the GBA could play GB/C games... But still, they took that b/c out too with the micro u__u

Fun facts: The DS and DS Lite were b/c with GBA games and the latter was still on shelves last year. The Wii was the first Nintendo home console in the west to feature b/c, but the b/c was removed 5 years later. The PS3 had b/c with PS2 until about a year later. The Vita has no b/c. :)

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,188. Posted:

In other news I'm totally not going to buy one of those newfangled CD players because they're not backwards compatible with vinyl <_<

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,189. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

In other news I'm totally not going to buy one of those newfangled CD players because they're not backwards compatible with vinyl <_<

What about cassette players? :)

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,190. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Pfft. Cassettes are for losers.

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

1,191. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Lordlz wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Pfft. Cassettes are for losers.

Agreed, man. Cassettes are so overrated. We use 8-tracks!

Untitled

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,192. Posted:

Wow. I barely remember 8-tracks. Talk about ancient. :O

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,193. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

most of its available games will be download-only, and the average person isn't quite ready to go full-on download-only just yet.

iOS devices and Android say hi.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,194. Posted:

I like how we started talking about Vita and now we're also talking about cassettes and 8 tracks. Pretty much my sentiments exactly. May as well go full circle...
Untitled

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,195. Posted:

Untitled

You guys don't know hardcore until you listen to heavy metal through a gramophone.

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

1,196. Posted:

I really do need to get around to buying a record player one of these days.

Oh yeah and cassettes suck. Sound quality blows compared to everything else.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,197. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

most of its available games will be download-only, and the average person isn't quite ready to go full-on download-only just yet.

the difference you've apparently missed (so what else is new) is that people have those devices as phones first, gaming devices second. you need a phone. you don't need a Vita.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,198. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

the difference you've apparently missed (so what else is new) is that people have those devices as phones first, gaming devices second. you need a phone. you don't need a Vita.

Yeah I don't think anyone goes in to an Apple store and walks out with an iPhone or iPad for the express purpose of playing games.

They play games well, don't get me wrong. They just do a few thousand other things first, and those thousand other things are the purchasing drivers for the customers.

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,199. Posted:

Primary use of iPhone and Android devices is for calling, texting, browsing and other smart phone utilities. Then people go on to the gaming part just as a plus; bottom line, it's a phone, not a gaming device. Download-only is acceptable for it, as games are not its primary function.

If you really feel the need to compare something download-only in the primary gaming world, do consider the PSP Go. ...Oh, wait. That was a failure.

Do put more thought in your posts, PlagiariserTendoboy. Oh hell yes, I did.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,200. Posted:

sykotek wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

They play games well, don't get me wrong. They just do a few thousand other things first, and those thousand other things are the purchasing drivers for the customers.

Thousands? Name 20/3000 things you do with your iPad that are the main reasons you bought an iPad.

I'll start...
Internet/Chat/E-mail
Work/Productivity
Music
Movies

He was exaggerating to prove a point....

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury