Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,161 to 1,180 of 2,792

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jamouse

1,161. Posted:

LordZezzy wrote:

Besides it has Monster Hunter, what else do you need? :P

Well Birth by Sleep was the game that I was after...

Jamouse

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

1,162. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Anecdotally, I have not, ever, met someone who decided not to buy a PS3 because it was not backwards compatible.

I never bought the original PS3 due to the price when it was released. Once the price went down I was about to buy one but then when I told the sales clerk that I was buying it mainly for the backwards compatibility he told me that the new models didnt have it. At that point I told him never mind I dont want it anymore. Now I do have one but that is only because of Twisted Metal but if it wasnt for that I wouldnt have bought one since they got rid of the backwards compatibility.

You bought one.

Point proven.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

1,163. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Anecdotally, I have not, ever, met someone who decided not to buy a PS3 because it was not backwards compatible.

I never bought the original PS3 due to the price when it was released. Once the price went down I was about to buy one but then when I told the sales clerk that I was buying it mainly for the backwards compatibility he told me that the new models didnt have it. At that point I told him never mind I dont want it anymore. Now I do have one but that is only because of Twisted Metal but if it wasn't for that I wouldn't have bought one since they got rid of the backwards compatibility.

You bought one.

Point proven.

Read his entire post before commenting.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

1,164. Posted:

He bought one.

Point proven.

(Since you didn't get the point in the first place: My point was people bought the PS3 despite it lacking backwards compatibility. If it was that big of a problem, he wouldn't have bought the console. No one forced him to buy it).

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

1,165. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

He bought one.

Point proven.

(Since you didn't get the point in the first place: My point was people bought the PS3 despite it lacking backwards compatibility. If it was that big of a problem, he wouldn't have bought the console. No one forced him to buy it).

Tasuki specifically said that he didn't want to buy a PS3 when the store associate said it didn't have any backwards compatibility. Then he changed his mind after hearing about the new Twisted Metal game. He concluded his post saying this: "If it wasn't for ]Twisted Metal] I wouldn't have bought one [a PS3]."

Get it? Got it? Good.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

1,166. Posted:

You still don't get it, do you?

He bought a PS3 It doesn't matter if it was for one particular game, for a thousand games, because his Xbox 360 died or because he won the lottery and now has more money than he knows what to do with.

He bought a PS3 Ergo, the lack of backwards compatibility did not matter. He is one of the 60 million or so worldwide that have PS3s. Yes, he nearly didn't buy a PS3 because the lack of backwards compatibility is a bummer. But in the end, he did. Thanks to an exclusive game, there was suddenly a reason to buy the console. Just as the PS Vita's lack of backwards compatibility will not matter if there's a freaking awesome game on it.

What the hell is it with people and not comprehending basic logic.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

stromboli

1,167. Posted:

Besides the fact, that he bought it a later date, and possibly for less money, I don't think the debate is proven or disproven, or affected Sony in any non de minimis way, by whether Tasuki bought the console or not. There are other consumers that are not Tasuki.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

1,168. Posted:

Sigh.

No one reads on this forum.

The point is this: If people still buy a console, for any reason whatsoever, for whatever price, whenever they buy it, then Sony has done a good enough job in giving a person the reason to buy the console, regardless of its faults. No one is suggesting that the lack of compatibility is not a bummer, but it's outweighed by an awful lot of positives, and the number of people that would overlook those in favour of the compatibility issue is very small indeed - even people that don't want the console because of the compatibility issue are buying it.

To suggest the Vita is any different is lunacy. It's a good console with a substantial, but not deal breaking flaw. One freaking incredible game would be all it takes for the console to sell in bucketloads.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

1,169. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Sigh.

No one reads on this forum.

The point is this: If people still buy a console, for any reason whatsoever, for whatever price, whenever they buy it, then Sony has done a good enough job in giving a person the reason to buy the console, regardless of its faults. No one is suggesting that the lack of compatibility is not a bummer, but it's outweighed by an awful lot of positives, and the number of people that would overlook those in favour of the compatibility issue is very small indeed - even people that don't want the console because of the compatibility issue are buying it.

To suggest the Vita is any different is lunacy. It's a good console with a substantial, but not deal breaking flaw. One freaking incredible game would be all it takes for the console to sell in bucketloads.

Do you think the 3DS would have sold well if it had no backward compatibility? Granted, there are now plenty of reasons to buy one with all the new games coming out, but last year there was a long drought during the summer. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are glad that they can play their old DS games on a new handheld.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

1,170. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Sigh.

No one reads on this forum.

The point is this: If people still buy a console, for any reason whatsoever, for whatever price, whenever they buy it, then Sony has done a good enough job in giving a person the reason to buy the console, regardless of its faults. No one is suggesting that the lack of compatibility is not a bummer, but it's outweighed by an awful lot of positives, and the number of people that would overlook those in favour of the compatibility issue is very small indeed - even people that don't want the console because of the compatibility issue are buying it.

To suggest the Vita is any different is lunacy. It's a good console with a substantial, but not deal breaking flaw. One freaking incredible game would be all it takes for the console to sell in bucketloads.

Do you think the 3DS would have sold well if it had no backward compatibility? Granted, there are now plenty of reasons to buy one with all the new games coming out, but last year there was a long drought during the summer. I'm sure there are plenty of people who are glad that they can play their old DS games on a new handheld.

Given it started selling well when the good 3DS games hit the market, I don't see how you can claim that the 3DS sales have anything to do with backwards compatibility.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

stromboli

1,171. Posted:

"If people still buy a console" - I didn't think it was a difficult idea to grasp that Tasuki does not represent all people, but I guess it is. Sigh. Also, Sony cares when people buy the console. They would prefer for people to buy it as soon as they can and for the highest price. Lunacy I know.

Edited on by stromboli

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

sykotek

1,172. Posted:

I wonder if Tasuki bought his PS3 used.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

1,173. Posted:

man I'm having a bad felling about this. Th oonly marketing the us has had are those taco bell commericals. Most non gamers ive talked too just thought it was a pap. That and why not do a subway promotion instead of the compnay who's only good think is a speical flavor of mountain dew.

I'm guesjng Sony is waiting until after the first edition bundle comes out and is trying to stay away from the pep type marketing fail.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GameLord08

1,174. Posted:

@PolkaDotChocobo and @Tendoboy who I still refuse to acknowledge as "Lord": I believe what Chocobo's trying to say is that, despite the lack of backwards compatibility to the PS2, Tasuki was still able to propel himself to buy the console and overlook that dismal non-inclusion. And I believe what Tendoboy's trying to say is that, if not for Tasuki's interest in the new Twisted Metal blarmy, he assumed Tasuki wouldn't have a reason to overlook the no backwards compatibility thing and buy a PS3.

So, basically, you both have valid points. And the main conclusion is this: Tasuki found a reason to buy a PS3, despite the no backwards compatibility. So, that feature really isn't everything compensating towards the sale of a console to an individual. Such is the case of the Vita, though we're seeing rough times with that too.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

1,175. Posted:

Meh, since I only have two PSP games anyway, it won't be too much trouble to rebuy them on my Vita (if Sony really doesn't bring the UMD transfer thing over...)

That said, I really don't know if I'll prefer the Vita for MHFU, even with the dual analog. I've grown so used to the claw~ And the small buttons still turn me off u_u

if somehow Sony brings adHoc Party to Vitas, I would rebuy all my PSP games in no time. Not requiring a PS3 with a wired internet connection just to play PSP games online = win

Well anyway, since I keep all my old consoles, I don't really care if a console has backwards-compatibility or not. I do own one single PS1 game and no PlayStation to play it on, but since both my PS2 (after having bought a PS1 memory card just for it...) and my PS3 failed to read the discs properly I just rebought it on PSN. No big deal really~

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

1,176. Posted:

Anyone in the UK looking to buy a Vita, try here. That bundle will save you well over £50 if you want one of the selected games too.

Edited on by Bacon_Gal_Blaze

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,177. Posted:

You had to pay money to use the UMD passport anyways, not like it was such a hot idea in the first place.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

1,178. Posted:

GundamMac wrote:

You had to pay money to use the UMD passport anyways, not like it was such a hot idea in the first place.

I don't even think it did well in Japan.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

1,179. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

GundamMac wrote:

You had to pay money to use the UMD passport anyways, not like it was such a hot idea in the first place.

I don't even think it did well in Japan.

Who would have thought that charging extra for playing games you already own would be so unpopular? ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

turtlelink

1,180. Posted:

Lordlz wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

GundamMac wrote:

You had to pay money to use the UMD passport anyways, not like it was such a hot idea in the first place.

I don't even think it did well in Japan.

Who would have thought that charging extra for playing games you already own would be so unpopular? ;)

Just play it on the PSP :p

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!