Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,141 to 1,160 of 2,912

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,141. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

I finally tried out a demo unit at Best Buy. It was attached to a store associate who wore it around his neck, so he was able to show it to me. The screen is big and beautiful, and the associate said it's full HD (but he kept calling the system a "PSP Vita").

The main thing that surprised me about the Vita is the D-pad, which is now a single + shape button, instead of 4 separated buttons like on every other PlayStation controller.

That's one thing I liked. It will make pulling off attacks in fighting games so much smoother. <3

Or just use the analog stick...

D-Pad > Analog Stick

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,142. Posted:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

So the D-pad on the Vita is like the 360's D-pad? But better? Noice.

It's shaped like a 3DS D-pad, but it moves like a 360 D-pad. Best of both worlds I guess?

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,143. Posted:

Jamouse wrote:

@corbs
Are all the PSP games available for download on the PSN store, or is it just a few of them?

Not all. Some publishers like Square Enix and others haven't confirmed yet.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Squiggle55

1,144. Posted:

now I'm struggling with the 3g vs wifi model debate. Are the "Near" and "Out and About" applications rendered useless if you get the wifi only modeL? Anyone have any insight?

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. -Albert Einstein

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,145. Posted:

@Jamouse: Most PSP games released within the past few years are on the PS store, and most of the good games are anyway. The few exceptions I can think of are a couple SE games (KH: BBS and Crisis Core) and the Metal Gear Ac!d games... Other than that there's not much the PS store is missing when it comes to PSP games. Besides it has Monster Hunter, what else do you need? :P

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,146. Posted:

I remember reading about Ac!d in a magazine before the PSP came out... Were they any good? It looked like some sort of card game.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,147. Posted:

Remember when Sony talked about that "UMD Passport" program, which allowed you to redeem your UMD games for discounted PSN versions? Well, Sony isn't offering the service outside of Japan.

I guess this is like a big middle finger to those who enjoy backwards compatibility. :(

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/07/vita-umd-passport-wont-be-o...

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,148. Posted:

heh. Am so glad I own Gos and therefore all my games arre PSN.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,149. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

heh. Am so glad I own Gos and therefore all my games arre PSN.

Gos?

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,150. Posted:

All I have to say is eff you, SOA. This will just decrease Vita sales in the US when it launches. :|

@Tendoboy: You don't know what a PSP Go is? ;)

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,151. Posted:

Knux wrote:

All I have to say is eff you, SOA. This will just decrease Vita sales in the US when it launches. :|

Oh a PSP Go! I thought he said "Gos".

Wait... What's a PSP Go? ;) kidding!

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,152. Posted:

Knux wrote:

I'm not sure anyone will care, actually. Lack of backwards compatibility didn't stop people buying PS3s

AuthorMessage

Corbs

1,153. Posted:

Doesn't bother me. I'm getting Vita for Vita games and PSN stuff. And if a PSP game is that important to me, I'll either play it on my PSP or buy it on PSN. :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,154. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Knux wrote:

I'm not sure anyone will care, actually. Lack of backwards compatibility didn't stop people buying PS3s

On the other hand, backwards compatibility kept people playing the 3DS when there was a drought in software. It's one of the main reasons I bought my 3DS, actually.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

stromboli

1,155. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Knux wrote:

Actually, it probably did. There were many other reasons why it never sold as well as people expected, but this was one of them.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,156. Posted:

stromboli wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Knux wrote:

Actually, it probably did. There were many other reasons why it never sold as well as people expected, but this was one of them.

The console sold well though. Forget America, it did fine, consistently outselling the Xbox 360 everywhere else.

Anecdotally, I have not, ever, met someone who decided not to buy a PS3 because it was not backwards compatible.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,157. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Anecdotally, I have not, ever, met someone who decided not to buy a PS3 because it was not backwards compatible.

Well there are plenty people who bought the 3DS for it's backwards compatibility. Imagine what we would have had to go through during those droughts if the 3DS couldn't play old DS games...

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

stromboli

1,158. Posted:

[quote="PolkaDotChocobo"][quote="PolkaDotChocobo"]

stromboli wrote:

The console sold well though. Forget America, it did fine, consistently outselling the Xbox 360 everywhere else.

Well, obviously, we can't forget America, since it seems backward compatibility is something important for American consumers. The source itself shows a lot of comments saying they won't buy the console because of this, and a lot of rage in general. Many similar experiences I have seen (and met) at the time of the PS3 launch. I also don't think it sold well. It's pretty easy to outsell the 360 in Japan for obvious reasons (by the way, in Europe as well there is some antagonism towards Microsoft, and Sony spent an enormous amount of money in advertising, as in the Champions League, so it's not a very difficult fight considering everything), but the PS3 was, and in fact is, very underwhelming, considering the brand name and the position of the PS2 in the previous generation. It was one of the factors that had Sony suffering (annual) losses of billions consistently for the past 4 years, including the latest.

Edited on by stromboli

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,159. Posted:

In my opinion, backwards compatibility is a very important feature! With the omission of that feature for our region, I'd gladly boycott my purchasing of a launch Vita...if I were interested in purchasing a launch Vita in the first place...which I'm not..., so my not purchasing a Vita doesn't really make much of a difference in this particular situation. Er, carry on.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,160. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

I never bought the original PS3 due to the price when it was released. Once the price went down I was about to buy one but then when I told the sales clerk that I was buying it mainly for the backwards compatibility he told me that the new models didnt have it. At that point I told him never mind I dont want it anymore. Now I do have one but that is only because of Twisted Metal but if it wasnt for that I wouldnt have bought one since they got rid of the backwards compatibility.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311