Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 2,922

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,101. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

And then TBD could stop being so mean.

perish the thought! :O

In all seriousness, I think the remote play option is more for established users who already own a PS3, Tendoboy. No one's gonna rush out and buy a PS3 just to be able to play games remotely on their Vita or whatev'; the people who will get use out of such a feature are the people who would've bought both anyway, or the people who have already owned their PS3 for years now.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

1,102. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

And then TBD could stop being so mean.

perish the thought! :O

In all seriousness, I think the remote play option is more for established users who already own a PS3, Tendoboy. No one's gonna rush out and buy a PS3 just to be able to play games remotely on their Vita or whatev'; the people who will get use out of such a feature are the people who would've bought both anyway, or the people who have already owned their PS3 for years now.

Yay! I can remote-play all...zero PS3 games I know :O

Awesome :3

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,103. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

Getting back on track. I've now secured all of my Vita launch stuff paid up and secured to pick up on Feb 15th. I"m getting the First Edition Bundle with Little Deviants, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Modnation Racers, Escape Plan and MotorStorm RC. February 15th can't get here fast enough!!! :D

For launch, I plan on getting Hot Shots Golf, Blazblue, and maybe either Uncharted Golden Abyss or a PSN card to get Super Stardust Delta. Than one month later I'll be getting Gravity Rush and Disgaea 3. My Vita's gonna be happy! :D
Bolded names ftw!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,104. Posted:

Be warned it seems Mod racer nations has no online, :(

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,105. Posted:

Just a quick "heads up" for would be Vita importers...you might want to hold off, apparently in an unscientific poll, Kotaku is stating 10% of Vitas sold have been reported to be defective.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,106. Posted:

@syko: what kind of defects are we talking, though? i mean if it's like the screen marks on the 3DS, that can be dealt with, but if it's console-breaking then eff that :(

BEST THREAD EVER
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,107. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Be warned it seems Mod racer nations has no online, :(

@shingi_70 It has asynchronous online. I've found that this online mode with racing games really fits my personal preference, but if you like racing head-to-head with others online then you'll likely be a bit disappointed. Asynchronous online constantly updates your friends track times and challenges you to stay on top of the leader boards against your friends. If you've played NFS: Hot Pursuit, then you'll likely be familiar with the concept. I know that in my group of friends, we raged and crap-talked each other daily as we shaved seconds off of track times and retook leader board times. Turning the game on and having the Autolog throw in my face all of my track times that had recently been taken by my friends just fuels my desires to head back to that track and reclaim my lead. After this happens a few times over, it becomes really Really hard to change the lead again and if you do, you are completely free and have earned the right to 'splode the ****talking! Haha

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,108. Posted:

also noticed that remote play video is using a hacked vita. i know Sony must be fuming. two hacks and its been out less than three months.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Blink16

1,109. Posted:

I heard from an online source it only cost $160.00 dollars to make each vita so they double their money for every vita sold
( Not sure if it's reliable or not).

"Yeah I'm gonna be that guy"

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,110. Posted:

WolvsRein610 wrote:

I heard from an online source it only cost $160.00 dollars to make each vita so they double their money for every vita sold
( Not sure if it's reliable or not).

No. If it cost $160.00 to make each Vita, that wouldn't include the cost of logistics, marketing, warrenty, customer support and all other kinds of things that would bump the actual cost of the Vita up.

Companies don't count manufacturing costs as the sole cost of producing a product.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

sykotek

1,111. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

@syko: what kind of defects are we talking, though? i mean if it's like the screen marks on the 3DS, that can be dealt with, but if it's console-breaking then eff that :(

As far as I understand, they mean that it is something that requires exchange or repair, so likely severe hardware issues and not minor or cosmetic. Just import it at your own risk is what I gathered. When the system gets released domestically, if they still haven't fixed whatever issues are plaguing it, it'd be relatively little hassle to exchange at participating retailers...that's not something those who import generally have the luxury of having.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,112. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

... are we all done being unpleasant now? :/

Speaking of unpleasant. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to that other guy with those other threads at that other site? lol

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Corbs

1,113. Posted:

Below are the games I went in and preordered the other day. Also got a PSN card for the download titles I want. :D

RETAIL:

• Lumines Electronic Symphony
  • WipEout 2048
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Rayman Origins
  • ModNation Racers
  • Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
  • Little Deviants
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Army Corps of Hell

PSN CARD:

• Super Stardust Delta
  • Hustle Kings
  • Escape Plan

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,114. Posted:

@Magi: as I'm sure you could tell from the same old 'waah no one likes me' and other tired rhetoric, that was our good buddy Eugene. sorry you got sucked into it there, i'd forgotten to check VG when I banned him from here, so those posts stayed up a bit longer than they should've.

@Syko: yeah, that sounds like reason enough to wait even after the domestic launch — at least to see if people start having to send in their Vitas D:

BEST THREAD EVER

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,115. Posted:

@Corbs Holy moly! That list warrants a few vacation days from work. ;)

theblackdragon wrote:

@Magi: as I'm sure you could tell from the same old 'waah no one likes me' and other tired rhetoric, that was our good buddy Eugene. sorry you got sucked into it there, i'd forgotten to check VG when I banned him from here, so those posts stayed up a bit longer than they should've.

Hey no worries. After all, I chose to get sucked in. :)

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,116. Posted:

Corbs wrote:

Below are the games I went in and preordered the other day. Also got a PSN card for the download titles I want. :D

RETAIL:

• Lumines Electronic Symphony
  • WipEout 2048
  • Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
  • Rayman Origins
  • ModNation Racers
  • Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
  • Little Deviants
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Army Corps of Hell

PSN CARD:

• Super Stardust Delta
  • Hustle Kings
  • Escape Plan

Not reviewing Blazblue?

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

Corbs

1,117. Posted:

I'm not reviewing BlazBlue, no.

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,118. Posted:

@turtlelink I'm currently on the list for Blazblue at the moment, but of course things could change between now and then. I'm pretty sure that Sammy is a huge fan of the series as well. ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,119. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

also noticed that remote play video is using a hacked vita. i know Sony must be fuming. two hacks and its been out less than three months.

I'm pretty sure the Vita can already play all PS3 games anyway through remote play.

@Slapshot, Sammy?

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,120. Posted:

@turtlelink

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/23/2728688/ps3-ps-vita-hacked-...

WAT!