Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,081 to 1,100 of 2,898

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,081. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

Battlefield 3 being played remotely on Vita....looks great!

How? Is that a hack? Cause I thought only games designed specifically for cross-platform play could be played on the Vita.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,082. Posted:

so im still confused about the remote play. Is it only select ps3 games that can be played on the vita, or can all ps3 games be played on the ps vita? i thought that the ps vita had to be compatible with the ps3 game other wise it doesn't work, so is this a prank being able to play battle field 3 or what?

Edited on by Dynetheous

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,083. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

Slapshot wrote:

Battlefield 3 being played remotely on Vita....looks great!

How? Is that a hack? Cause I thought only games designed specifically for cross-platform play could be played on the Vita.

I'm pretty sure all PS3 games can be played on the Vita through remote play. That's great because you can do remote play through wi-fi!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,084. Posted:

that's cool.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,085. Posted:

@pik, I heard about the lagginess too but I think it should be fine when the Vita comes out in the US.

Also no, Vita doesn't have L3 and R3 but from the looks of things, you can change the controls to make the back touch panel act as L2, R2, L3, and R3 :O

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,086. Posted:

@LordTendoBoy No, this isn't a hack and you can do this with certain PS3 games with the PS3 right now. If fact, you can put a PSone game in your PS3 right now, connect and turn on your PS3 from anywhere in the world with a WiFi connection and play said PlayStation game in your PS3 remotely. I've been doing this for years now.

Vita on the other hand will able to play your PS3 games remotely and from the looks of this video, with very little lag problems. Also, because I'm guessing you probably don't know this either, but you can download a free Ad hoc host on PSN that makes your PS3 a hosting server. This allows for all of your PSP games that only have local multiplayer to be played online. So if you've got a PSP handy, you should give it a try. ;)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,087. Posted:

so wait.. so your saying that i can play monster hunter freedom unite online if i download the ad hoc thing for my ps3? or am i just stupid and read your post wrong @slapshot , Im really clueless on stuff like this

Edited on by Dynetheous

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,088. Posted:

Zephren wrote:

so wait.. so your saying that i can play monster hunter freedom unite online if i download the ad hoc thing for my ps3? or am i just stupid and read your post wrong @slapshot , Im really clueless on stuff like this

You need a wired connection unfortunately.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,089. Posted:

@zephren Indeed it is. On your PS3, head to the PSN Store and download the Ad hoc Party app. Use an Ethernet cord and plug it into your PS3 - if you don't own one, their very cheap and can be found most any retail outlet that sells electronics - as this allows your PS3 to have the absolute best connection it can get. Fire up the app on your PS3 and either create a room for the game your playing or enter an existing room. Then fire up your PSP and select local multiplayer like you've got a friend right beside you and the PS3 app does all the rest. Before you know it, you'll be slaying Monsters with others around the world - even though your game is local multiplayer only. It's a great little app that so many don't know about. :)

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,090. Posted:

Slapshot wrote:

@LordTendoBoy No, this isn't a hack and you can do this with certain PS3 games with the PS3 right now. If fact, you can put a PSone game in your PS3 right now, connect and turn on your PS3 from anywhere in the world with a WiFi connection and play said PlayStation game in your PS3 remotely. I've been doing this for years now.

Vita on the other hand will able to play your PS3 games remotely and from the looks of this video, with very little lag problems. Also, because I'm guessing you probably don't know this either, but you can download a free Ad hoc host on PSN that makes your PS3 a hosting server. This allows for all of your PSP games that only have local multiplayer to be played online. So if you've got a PSP handy, you should give it a try. ;)

Whaaaaaaattt! So the Vita can do the exact same console-to-handheld streaming as the Wii U?

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,091. Posted:

Yep. Pretty neat huh.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,092. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Yep. Pretty neat huh.

It is pretty neat, but it all comes down to price and convenience.

PS3 = $250
Vita = $250 (memory card = $30)
TOTAL = over $520 (includes tax)

That's pretty expensive for an interesting gimmick. Now we don't know how much the Wii U will cost, but I can guarantee it will be less than $500.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,093. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Yep. Pretty neat huh.

PS3 = $250

That's pretty expensive for an interesting gimmick. Now we don't know how much the Wii U will cost, but I can guarantee it will be less than $500.

Yes, because people buy PS3s and Vitas solely for that reason.

AuthorMessage

Dynetheous

1,094. Posted:

that just made my day @slapshot thanks for the info! sadly i sold my psp awhile back and now im just waiting for the ps vita. but before the ps vita comes out ill get the app and my Ethernet cable set up, so i can go online as soon as i can, escpecially if monster hunter comes out later on in the year!! thanks again

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

1,095. Posted:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Yes, because people buy PS3s and Vitas solely for that reason.

no they will buy it for multiple reasons more than that, he is just making a single comparison. while you are right in this situation would it kill you to be nice to somebody you disagree with in a non sarcastic way? just once?

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,096. Posted:

But boss, he is saying that it would cost $500+ just to use one gimmick. It's obvious that a person would buy a vita for more than that single reason. If tendoboy would be a little smarter in the way he posts, then Waltz wouldn't have to make a fool of him.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,097. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

PolkaDotChocobo wrote:

Yep. Pretty neat huh.

PS3 = $250

And just for kicks and giggles: what exactly does that say about Nintendo? One of Wii U's biggest selling points is copying a side gimmick that Sony has been using in their systems for the last five years. And how far away can you take your Wii U tablet from it's console base? I'm pretty sure it isn't halfway around the world. So have fun with your Wii U tablet on the train! :P

Sorry, you walked yourself right into that one mate!

Getting back on track. I've now secured all of my Vita launch stuff paid up and secured to pick up on Feb 15th. I"m getting the First Edition Bundle with Little Deviants, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Modnation Racers, Escape Plan and MotorStorm RC. February 15th can't get here fast enough!!! :D

Edited on by Slapshot

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

1,098. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

then Waltz wouldn't have to make a fool of him.

and then Navi would finally be able to remove his lips from ol' Waltzy's rear end. how awesome would that be?!

... are we all done being unpleasant now? :/

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Kagamine

1,099. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

But boss, he is saying that it would cost $500+ just to use one gimmick. It's obvious that a person would buy a vita for more than that single reason. If tendoboy would be a little smarter in the way he posts, then Waltz wouldn't have to make a fool of him.

ya i get annoyed sometimes too, but i can just ignore it, but waltz just has to comment. (sry @TBD)

anyway the streaming service is pretty cool. to bad i dont have a ps3. i will be buying a vita sometime after its first price drop, or maybe the second model. The wiiU isn't appealing to me to much, maybe i'll join sony next gen to be able to use their handheld console combaonation to its full potential shudders. haha love ya sony fans!

Edited on by Kagamine

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

AuthorMessage

Bankai

1,100. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

Aviator wrote:

then Waltz wouldn't have to make a fool of him.

and then Navi would finally be able to remove his lips from ol' Waltzy's rear end. how awesome would that be?!

... are we all done being unpleasant now? :/

And then TBD could stop being so mean.

... Yeah. I went there. :P