Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,061 to 1,080 of 2,786

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,061. Posted:

wasn't fake. he had a twitpic of the office and his work station.

he also had a string of personal non gaming tweets. wasn't fake.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,062. Posted:

@Corbie, do the Vita game cards require the memory cards to save data or is it on the game cart itself?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,063. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

@Corbie, do the Vita game cards require the memory cards to save data or is it on the game cart itself?

The memory cards are required for add-on content and PSN games/apps. I think the save data saves to the game card.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

stromboli

1,064. Posted:

I don't know. They said it was required for games like Uncharted. Imagine buying the launch game and the console and finding out you can't play it.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,065. Posted:

The PSP requires memory sticks (which were also proprietary), and those were expensive at the system's launch. So I don't get what the big deal is. PS Vita's memory card prices will come down just like memory sticks did.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,066. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

The PSP requires memory sticks (which were also proprietary), and those were expensive at the system's launch. So I don't get what the big deal is. PS Vita's memory card prices will come down just like memory sticks did.

My PSP came with a memory stick as part of the package (just like the 3DS). No additional purchase was necessary. But yes, they were expensive separately too.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,067. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

problem is conflicting memory standards within the same company. while I'm a cannon and Ad guy, my uncle is into the Sony aloha system. before the memory cards were shown he was going to give me a 32GB memory atickfor the vita. but alas a pointless new format that cuts into Sony's current format and neither of thwm will become industry standards. smh.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,068. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

problem is conflicting memory standards within the same company. while I'm a cannon and Ad guy, my uncle is into the Sony aloha system. before the memory cards were shown he was going to give me a 32GB memory atickfor the vita. but alas a pointless new format that cuts into Sony's current format and neither of thwm will become industry standards. smh.

There have been plenty of game systems that used their own memory cards:
PS1
PS2
N64 (it plugged into the controller)
Dreamcast (the VMU thing)
Xbox 1
Xbox 360 (it even uses a proprietary hard drive)

People didn't complain about this stuff back then.

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,069. Posted:

see those were different. from a consumer standpoint the psp and the Sony camera system used the same memory standard. this vita move makes me worried that future hardware may stopcusing memory stick or the vita cards can only be used their.

where in a way different market. with the industry standard SD is the standard becuase its adopted everywhere.

you cant use past experiences and types of format to defend something that is considers hearsay in today's market.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,070. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

see those were different. from a consumer standpoint the psp and the Sony camera system used the same memory standard. this vita move makes me worried that future hardware may stopcusing memory stick or the vita cards can only be used their.

where in a way different market. with the industry standard SD is the standard becuase its adopted everywhere.

you cant use past experiences and types of format to defend something that is considers hearsay in today's market.

So what do you think of Microsoft's decision to use proprietary hard drives in the 360?

PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,071. Posted:

pretty crappy. it was only a problem if you bought the base units. i got a 120GB harddrive so I'm good.

hopefully next gen gets rid of.that.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,072. Posted:

LordTendoboy wrote:

There have been plenty of game systems that used their own memory cards:
PS1
PS2
N64 (it plugged into the controller)
Dreamcast (the VMU thing)
Xbox 1
Xbox 360 (it even uses a proprietary hard drive)

People didn't complain about this stuff back then.

Back then, you weren't downloading 1GB games from the various console networks either. You were just putting save game files on them. I never had to purchase more than 1 memory card and they were never more than 19.99 iirc.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,073. Posted:

Holy crap the remote play thing is awesome. Able to play PS3 games on the Vita through Wi-Fi is just great!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Corbs

1,074. Posted:

My PlayStation Vita hardware review is now up on VitaGamr. Check it out. :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

1,075. Posted:

Just read that review i got to say im appauled that there is no onboard memory. Even my archos tablet has 8gb's built in and i can add additional memory if i eventually run out. Theres no real excuse for this to be honest.

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,076. Posted:

Glad to hear that Corbs, I was already sold based on the launch window alone plus the comfy grip and PSN, I am looking forward to owning one. Yet I will have to wait mid year before I buy one, I still have a backlog of games to finish.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

1,077. Posted:

Does anyone think we'll finally see MMO's on a handheld with the PS Vita? I mean RUIN and Pocket Legends are basically MMORPG experiences on the fly. I remember some of Sony's officials discussing Free Realms and DC Universe on the PS Vita last year. Does anyone know if Sony intends to go forward with this?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

1,078. Posted:

Corbs wrote:

My PlayStation Vita hardware review is now up on VitaGamr. Check it out. :D

So you thought it sucked, huh? Such a shame :D

Btw Corbs, did you do a 3DS review? I cannot recall :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck. Nintendo sux!

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,079. Posted:

RoyalBlur wrote:

Does anyone think we'll finally see MMO's on a handheld with the PS Vita? I mean RUIN and Pocket Legends are basically MMORPG experiences on the fly. I remember some of Sony's officials discussing Free Realms and DC Universe on the PS Vita last year. Does anyone know if Sony intends to go forward with this?

S-E is thinking about doing FFXI on the Vita.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

1,080. Posted:

Battlefield 3 being played remotely on Vita....looks great!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82