Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,912

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

1,001. Posted:

I went to GameStop Friday and I was truly impressed with the PS Vita and all the accessories and software cases they had on display. Everyone was like 'Amazing!', 'It's a handheld PS3!' and I must say that I was head over heels for Gravity Rush and the new Hot Shots Golf game. The sales agent tried to talk me into the 3G bundle but I refused steadfastly. There is also going to be a Starter Pack bundle that they on display which contains a 4GB Memory Card and screen protector and carry case.

I'm giddy with excitement now.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Vincent294

1,002. Posted:

Yeah, but isn't that bundle $350 at Best Buy and everywhere else? $350 VS $170. Still, if you want every bit of power you can get, I guess it's for you. I don't need too much, but phones & the DSi are wimps in that department, so I got a 3DS. I wonder how a Call of Duty would differ on each. Probably like a Wii 1.2 VS a PS3 2.7, if those existed.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage

crazyj2312

1,003. Posted:

@VincentV Well, all the features of the Vita are, in my opinion, meant to appeal to those who bought PSPs. Consoles evolve to fit their niche better and that's what the Vita is doing. Comparing them next to the 3DS's is a bit pointless, like comparing a bike to a motorcycle. They both fill a basic purpose but some things are much more suited for other people with other preferences.

3DS Friend Code: 0344-9345-3153
blog
comic blog

AuthorMessage

PinkSpider

1,004. Posted:

At the end of the day theres room for both i personally think the 3ds will do better nintendo have never been beaten on any hand held ever. Its backwards compatible with absolutly tons of games, is the ps vita? Some one let me know. And the ps vita is gonna need a serious price drop if they wanna sell well
But yeah having the best platform game mario land, the best racing game mario kart 7, the best fighting game ssf4 a brand new exclusive resident evil, kid icarus, luigis mansion 2, animal crossing, super paper mario, monster hunter 4 tekken 3D and many more all on the way i think the ps vita is gonna have a tough time for a while, its not gonna flop as it looks like a nice bit of kit it just wont sell as well. And if im wrong in the next year or so then il eat my words.

Edited on by PinkSpider

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,005. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

After the price drop everyone realized it was overpriced.

Fanboy "yeah I can admit that sucks now that it doesn't matter and is completely in the past so I can't damage my precious company's name" logic doesn't count. As anything.

That's not fanboy logic, it's the opinions of the majority. After the 3DS got the much-needed price drop, everyone realised that the 3DS was originally priced too high for what it offered, especially those who had unfortunately bought it at launch.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

stromboli

1,006. Posted:

VincentV wrote:

Now, not really. Even w/ considerably more processing power, better graphics, better cameras, multi-touch capabilities, a rear touchpad (really?), built-in dual sticks,

This is a prime example of what's happening here. People automatiicaly assume that PS VIta has better tech in every department. It's unbelievable. I'll ask again - how amazing does Resident Evil Revelations look? Amazing. The 3DS is capable of amazing graphics.

But this kills me every time. The cameras of the Vita are not better than the 3DS. They're the same resolution! and in terms of colors etc, they're worse!! 3DS' cameras are better.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=169522

Go figure that one out. It's hilarious.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,007. Posted:

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/dy/business/T120107003536.htm

so Sony just quit the oled Tv bussiness

so where the market is going this teat Sony weeks to be going the other way.

also find it funny that Sony is using samsung screens in the vita.

don't know about you buy this is making me consider not buying any of Sony's future products.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,008. Posted:

the 3ds camera has a sensor for each camera allowing it to process more data than the vita camera. they both suck compared to my G2 and my rebel t3i so its a moot point really.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

stromboli

1,009. Posted:

shingi, you are right that they both suck compared to mobile phones and of course real cameras, but that's exactly the point. People automatically assume that the 3DS' camera sucks and the Vita camera must be amazing. Say one thing for Sony PR, they managed to convince people that they make hi tech quality products. I think it's because the PS3 underperformed, people always assume it's because of the price, but the Wii sold also because of its merits, not the price. It's the same thing here. 3D is tech, not a price issue. Two screens are good, not a price issue. And so on. It's like with the Wii - it's capable of some amazing things like motion, and the versatile Wii remote, it's not just price. Of course software is king, but just saying regarding hardware, people are a little blinded by Sony's products. It doesn't help sell the products, but they manage to do that.

TV's are the same. Sony are suffering badly here. Like mentioned here, they're no longer manufcaturing their own screens. I think they use Sharp's panels now. But ask everyone and they'll tell you how "good" Sony TV's are, and their brands are strong. They don't sell well but they have that perception. So much that in this case, Sony brought a worse camera in the Vita than the 3DS, and nobody noticed. Nintendo doesn't even care about whose technology is superior, and their PR is always about combining hardware together with software, and the importance of software.

Not only does the 3DS come with an SD card, but it also happens to come pre-installed with one, additional dimension.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,010. Posted:

Sony still mqkes some of the best quality tva out there. the problem there is pricing themselves out the market.

also price was a factor for the 3ds for me. I would never have spent 250 for that. if it were still that price i would have gotten a opossum or a used venue pro or hd7 off of ebay.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,011. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Sony still mqkes some of the best quality tva out there. the problem there is pricing themselves out the market.

Sharp does the same thing with their Aquos line of high-end TVs. There's room on the market for high-end products, just like there's room on the road for Lamborghini, Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Corvette, Bently, etc.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,012. Posted:

VincentV wrote:

Yeah, but isn't that bundle $350 at Best Buy and everywhere else? $350 VS $170.

If you can't afford it, then don't buy it. Seems pretty simple but there are folks here that just don't get it. Good golly, if this was the train of thought on automotive forums, I'd be seriously LMFAO. "Oh noes! I can't afford a Cayman! It's not the same price as a Festiva! I hate Porsche because they won't lower thair price to be the same as Ford's because they so obviously appeal to the same demographic!"

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

stromboli

1,013. Posted:

But the Porsche might be a Galaxy Nexus, and the Ford might be the Vita, and Ford will be asking you to pay the Porsche price. The thing is overpriced for a gaming console is what people are saying - it doesn't have graphics that blow you away compared to the smartphone business, so you're left asking if Sony's franchises are important enough (ala 3DS with Nintendo) to buy the device. Imagine you can already buy a Ferrari, and you also have a motorcycle (3DS), you don't need another car, even if it's a Porsche.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,014. Posted:

stromboli wrote:

But the Porsche might be a Galaxy Nexus, and the Ford might be the Vita, and Ford will be asking you to pay the Porsche price. The thing is overpriced for a gaming console is what people are saying - it doesn't have graphics that blow you away compared to the smartphone business, so you're left asking if Sony's franchises are important enough (ala 3DS with Nintendo) to buy the device. Imagine you can already buy a Ferrari, and you also have a motorcycle (3DS), you don't need another car, even if it's a Porsche.

How exactly is it "overpriced" If Sony is bleeding tons of money over the thing?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

LordTendoboy

1,015. Posted:

All this doom and gloom about Sony is so ironic. People were saying the same thing about Nintendo late last year, and a year before the Wii launched (2006).

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,016. Posted:

CES update: @ATT announces wireless data plans for 3G/WiFi PS Vita: $14.99 for 250MB, $25 for 2GB — no contracts

@tendoboy

but nintendo wasn't bleeding and dying from slot of different points.

its easier.to stay a float when you may conservative choices sompared to always going out Sony.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Magi

1,017. Posted:

stromboli wrote:

Overpriced is not the same as "I can't afford it" or "I don't personally think it's worth that much money to me." Overpriced means too much is being charged versus it's value. We've all heard many times how the actual value of the device far exceeds the price that Sony is asking for it, so it is not overpriced.

I agree with the second part of your statement. The software is largely a determining factor, which is also the case with the 3DS. Personally, I own my 3DS for first party Nintendo games primarily. I will also own a Vita for the games and gaming experiences it uniquely provides. Fortunately, I can afford both (not saying you can't.) My previous point is to illustrate that I think they appeal to two (and-a-half) different audiences:
1. The probable majority: 3DS owners
2. The probable middle ground: Vita owners
3. The probable minority: 3DS AND Vita owners

THERE
IS
NO
"BETTER"

Edited on by Magi

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

SanderEvers

1,018. Posted:

With this guy ^^, I'm getting a Vita as well. So I will have all the good handheld games. :)

SanderEvers

Nintendo Network ID: sanderevers

AuthorMessage

JustAnotherUser

1,019. Posted:

I wish people would stop comparing the systems, both are unique consoles in their own right.
I might pick up a Vita if it spikes my interest enough, it's unlikely though.
Plus the only reason Smartphone "gaming" is so popular is because most people have their phones on contracts, plain and simple.

JustAnotherUser

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,020. Posted:

I want it now dang it!

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!