Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The PS Vita Discussion Thread

Showing 101 to 120 of 2,922

AuthorMessage

Bankai

101. Posted:

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@TheSolarKnight: In Japan, Dragon Quest is a big deal, yeah. Elsewhere, not quite so much. Now, for a company as very Japanese as Square-Enix, you'd think that means something. But realistically, they haven't been decidedly pro-Nintendo since they jumped ship with FFVII. Relations are better now than they were at one time, sure, but not as good as they were before that.

The decision to put a Dragon Quest game on a Nintendo console was also clearly a pure numbers decision. Dragon Quest needs to sell x bucketloads each release. The only way it can do that is by putting them on the most popular consoles. The Enix side of Square Enix has very little loyalty to any platform. It's literally a case of "what will sell the most."

The Square side of Square Enix has proven time and time again it considers the Wii and DS as toys for young children, or a chance to flog off its cute characters for fanboy $$$s. The only mature game I can think of from the publisher on the Wii or DS is Nanashi No Game.

Now, I buy every Chocobo game there is, but I also realise that S-E is never going to release a game like Nier or the new Tomb Raider, Hitman or a numbered Final Fantasy on a Nintendo console. It's a simple business decision.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

102. Posted:

I don's actually have anything of substance to add. I just though it would be fun to have some variety among all the eShop threads on the homepage :D

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

103. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Epic graphics, multi touch screen, 2 analog sticks, and that cross game chatting stuff makes me want to get the Vita more than the 3DS!

PSV sounds like the Homer of handheld gaming.
Untitled
This is the silly end result of consumer feedback.

bboy2970 wrote:

We'll see how things go down this holiday (if its out by then). Everyone claimed how much better the PSP was than the original DS and how it was gonna wipe the floor with it but things went quite the opposite way.

Agreed. Sony needs to start getting creative.

WaltzElf wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Note: How many people do you think are going to buy this after Sony got hacked?

Nintendo got hacked too. Quick, better sell that Wii!!

At least they responded in less than 24 hours and come forward with the fact that personal information was not compromised.

Not this argument again.

Sony complied with the law. Write to your Governor if that's not good enough for you.

Dear Governor,

Sony seems to be good at looking out for themselves, I'd like to see them start looking out for their fans.
Thanks, for listening.

Your pal,
Gamesake.

P.S. I voted for you.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

104. Posted:

This is the silly end result of consumer feedback.

What? Sony's given its fans what they've been asking for. Well heck - who would have thought consumer feedback did that? (BTW, Homer Simpson came up with his car without consumer feedback, what a silly comparison)

Agreed. Sony needs to start getting creative.

Yeah, split screen TV where both players can't see what's going on on the other TV isn't creative.
Yeah, having PlayStation 3 and Vita sharing game data so you can literally pick up and play your PS3 games on the go isn't creative.
Dual touch screens isn't creative.
Full PSN integration on a handheld isn't creative. I doubt Nintendo is going to announce WiiWare portability to 3DS tomorrow.

Lots of sarcasm there, BTW.

Sony seems to be good at looking out for themselves, I'd like to see them start looking out for their fans.

But you just had a cry because Sony make a console based on customer feedback. Not unusual for a Nintendo fanboy to contradict themselves when Sony's involved though.

And find me one corporation in the entire freaking world that doesn't look out for itself. That is the ethical responsbility of a corporation.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

105. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Not unusual for a Nintendo fanboy to contradict themselves when Sony's involved though.

Untitled

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

106. Posted:

hoooly nuts. day 1 buy now.

Seriously....how the crap sandwich can sony afford to do that!? Well who cares--here i come NGPita!

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

Bankai

107. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Not unusual for a Nintendo fanboy to contradict themselves when Sony's involved though.

Untitled

Except I'm not an anything fanboy.

Nice try though.

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

108. Posted:

Crap, I missed Sony's E3 press conference! I wish that I would have missed Microsoft's presentation instead.:P Anyway, PS Vita just blew my mind in so many ways! Definite day one purchase for me! Livin' La Vita Loca baby!:D

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

BedCommando

109. Posted:

Heh, Nintendo forced the price drop on them. I'm betting they were thinking $300-$350 minimum, but then the 3DS would take the route the DS took, and the Wii took. Cheaper consoles sell, so you have to slash your profit to remain competitive.
Wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo dropped the price of the 3DS by the time PSV comes out just to rake in the extra dough during it's head start.
Infact, I'm calling it, right now.
I can only imagine how stressed Sony is at the profit margin of each PSV sold.

Bedloggery
Currently playing
Pokemon Black (DS)
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (OnLive)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (XBLA)

AuthorMessage

WhiteTrashGuy

110. Posted:

I love Nintendo, but I am honestly now very intrigued by the Vita. Of course, I always enjoy Nintendo 1st part titles more than other companies'. Let's wait and see what happens tommorrow. I think we will see some great titles.

You havn't seen BAD BOYS 2 ???!!

AuthorMessage

WolfRamHeart

111. Posted:

I don't know who I should thank first, Nintendo for overpricing the 3DS thus influencing Sony to sell the PS Vita at such a low price or Sony for putting the pressure on Nintendo which will surely cause them to drop the price of the 3DS in the near future. Looks like I will be able to own both of these by the end of the year after all. Hooray for competition!:D

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9821-2538 | Nintendo Network ID: WolfRamHeart

AuthorMessage

Bankai

112. Posted:

BedCommando wrote:

I can only imagine how stressed Sony is at the profit margin of each PSV sold.

Well, they're a business, so they won't be.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leading

Not the best explanation on how it works, but it's business 101, so it's worth learning about.

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

113. Posted:

@WaltzElf: Correction: Homer WAS the consumer giving the feedback. He didn't own the company that made the car, he just told them what car he wanted.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

114. Posted:

La Vita è bella.

I'm not surprised at the pricing since Sony has always been very competitive.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

SwerdMurd

115. Posted:

@Holy - I think last generation scared them a bit. PS3 came out at 600 bucks and PSP came out at 300....and despite being solid devices upon release, those prices sent damn-near everyone running for the hills. I personally got kind of a "We're Sony. We're the best, so we can charge what we want" vibe from that, regardless of how fair the price was in comparison to the technology used. Glad to see they're avoiding similar missteps this time around.

But yeah--$300 for 3G enabled is just straight-up glorious....Can't get over how unexpectedly great that announcement was.

-Swerd Murd

Owner of VINTAGE Games. http://www.vintagegames.us

AuthorMessage

Bankai

116. Posted:

LosAngeloTip wrote:

@Holy - I think last generation scared them a bit. PS3 came out at 600 bucks and PSP came out at 300....and despite being solid devices upon release, those prices sent damn-near everyone running for the hills. I personally got kind of a "We're Sony. We're the best, so we can charge what we want" vibe from that, regardless of how fair the price was in comparison to the technology used. Glad to see they're avoiding similar missteps this time around.

But yeah--$300 for 3G enabled is just straight-up glorious....Can't get over how unexpectedly great that announcement was.

The game's industry runs in circles. At the moment it's Nintendo going "We're Nintendo, we can charge what we want." And when there's a backlash, it'll be the next guy to shoot for the expensive premium product.

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

117. Posted:

I'm going to check out Sony's Press Conference in a bit. Pretty suprised by the $249 price tag, that's pretty rad!
Still it's not exactly a better deal than the 3DS considering the Vita doesn't have 3D, but it does have PS3-ish mid range graphcis which are superior to the already beautiful 3DS's graphics capabilities. But when all said and done, it's about the games! Hopefully the Vita will have some titles that capture my interest.

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

118. Posted:

Well it has a high res 5" screen as well, which is crazy awesome. The 3DS' top screen is about 3.5". Still, Project Cafe wins in the size department with its rumoured 6" controller screen.

Hmm. With its processing power and large screen, the Vita's battery life may be an issue. We'll see.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

Fawkes

119. Posted:

Hey guys, aren't you forgetting all the awesome ideas that sprung forth because of the hardware limits? In fact, everything about Super Mario is designed in that way due to the limits of the hardware!

Pretty surprised to see that so many people are jumping on the superior-specs wagon, to be honest.

Fawkes

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

120. Posted:

How much are the games...?

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX