Forums

Topic: PS5 Late Christmas 2019?

Posts 41 to 60 of 79

Ralizah

@Octane I agree it's not a "make-or-break" feature. Although, aside from having the ability to play games on physical media, I'm struggling to think of another "feature" that is make-or-break for gaming devices. Strong launch year titles are usually important, but the PS4 succeeded despite having little in the way of compelling exclusive content before 2015. Pricing is definitely important. Overall, though, broad market and purchasing trends seem to be more important in the success of a device than any real "feature" that they might have.

Except for Nintendo. As far as I can tell, the key to success for them is launching new consoles with cross-gen Zelda games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Even PS5 will have Backward Compatible, i will NOT Convinced, Not even want to Fall into Same Trap again like i did on PS4.
The reasons :

1. I have PS2 Slim that can play both PS2 & PS1 games. PS2 UI is Simple and Very fast to get into the game. Also, ONLY PS2 & PS1 games have the Strongest Sony library games for me due DDR, DDR and DDR.

2. I don't really need BC with PS3 since only 5 games that i think they have potential but still Too Weak to be considered to be played on PS5.

The Sims 3 Pets ? Nah..... The Sims 4 PS4 is Much Stronger.

FF XIII ? Hm.... Quite worthy but i still remember the negative feedbacks about FF XIII (Too linear, Not even Action RPG, etc).

Little League World Series 2010 Baseball ? I have the 2009 version on Wii but still i Rarely to play that game for some reasons.

F1 Race Stars ? Actually the game has released also on Japanese Wii U in Physical (Complete with All DLCs), but the PS3 version was not come with all DLCs, so......

London 2012 ? A compilation of Athletic sports at London year 2012 was quite interesting, but on this year there will be Hyper Sports R by Konami with exactly SAME Sports as London 2012, so.......

Those 5 PS3 games are NOT Qualified enough to be played on PS5 BC.

3. I still have PS4, but with just Only 3 games left. Another cut due to availability on Switch version made my PS4 become even more Useless. The BC with PS4 games on PS5 = Useless for me due to Almost No games i want to add anymore.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Kimyonaakuma

I hope they confirm whether it will be backwards compatible when they announce it. I don't see why I should buy a PS4 this late if I could just wait for a console that plays PS4 and PS5 games...

Gravity Rush 2 and Project DIVA Future Tone are very tempting though...maybe I'll just buy one in a Christmas/Black Friday sale

Kimyonaakuma

Cobalt

@Octane

I'm asking you to mark my words !

When Nintendo let you play NES Roms on your Switch if you subscribe to their "Online Service", SONY's gonna offer legendary PS1/PS2/PS3 and PS4 games for free...

So, now you can think it's overated, no problem, but trust me Sony's not gonna play "Amateur" like Nintendo did. And you'll see how the BC will be a real argument for Christmas 2019...

Cobalt

Anti-Matter

@Cobalt
"When Nintendo let you play NES Roms on your Switch if you subscribe to their "Online Service", SONY's gonna offer legendary PS1/PS2/PS3 and PS4 games for free..."

I DON'T Even want Freebies from Sony !
It just only 100% Disgusting rated 18+ games, No Kids games at all.
Yuck !

And the BC from PS5 will NOT Convince me.
Just ENOUGH !

Anti-Matter

Cobalt

@Anti-Matter Just some titles that come like that !

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Ape Escape
Worms Armageddon
PaRappa the Rapper
Spyro
Crash Team Racing
Super Puzzle Fighter II
Crash Bash
Tombi
Tombi 2
Maximo
Jak and Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3
Sly 3
Beyond good and Evil
Ratchet
Psychonauts
Klonoa 2
Rayman 2
Sly 2
Ape Escape 2
Ape Escape 3
Rayman 3
I Ninja
Little Big Planet
Little Big Planet 2
Puppeteer
Sonic generation

Cobalt

Anti-Matter

Cobalt wrote:

@Anti-Matter Just some titles that come like that !

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
Ape Escape
Worms Armageddon
PaRappa the Rapper
Spyro
Crash Team Racing
Super Puzzle Fighter II
Crash Bash
Tombi
Tombi 2
Maximo
Jak and Daxter
Jak 2
Jak 3
Sly 3
Beyond good and Evil
Ratchet
Psychonauts
Klonoa 2
Rayman 2
Sly 2
Ape Escape 2
Ape Escape 3
Rayman 3
I Ninja
Little Big Planet
Little Big Planet 2
Puppeteer
Sonic generation

I don't even like those games above (Except Super Puzzle Fighter II).
None of them impressed me.

I'm looking for :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (PS1 & PS2)
2. Guitar Freaks & Drummania series (PS2)
3. some Beatmania IIDX series (PS2)
4. Para Para Paradise (PS2)
5. Bomberman Land 3 (PS2)
6. Bomberman Battles (PS2)
7. some K-1 games (PS2)
8. Monster Rancher 4 (PS2)
9. Monster Rancher 3 (PS2)
10. Punky Skunk (PS1)
11. Bishi Bashi Special 2 (PS1)
12. Magical Drop III (PS1)
13. Wheel of Fortune (PS1)
14. X-Men vs Street Fighter (PS1)
15. Magical Tetris feat. Disney (PS1)
16. Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity (PS2)
17. Taiko no Tatsujin 7 (PS2)
18. Ka 2 : Let's Go Hawaii (PS2)
19. Hello Kitty Frenzy Cube (PS1)
20. Pocket Fighter (PS1)
21. Chocobo Racing (PS1)
22. Chocobo Mystery Dungeon 2 (PS1)
23. Puzzle Bonnle 3DX (PS1)
24. some Pop'n Music games (PS2)

And maybe will added more.

I DON'T play popular games you mentioned above. I don't like them.
I tend to play Niche / Underdog games that Really a Hidden Gem in my eyes.

Anti-Matter

1UP_MARIO

@Anti-Matter stop being a whiny baby. It’s not about what you like only. They want to sell to a big audience and not just a small niche market.

You don’t like popular games. Do you like mario. Mariokart. Zelda. Kirby

Edited on by 1UP_MARIO

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Anti-Matter

@1UP_MARIO
"You don’t like popular games. Do you like mario. Mariokart. Zelda. Kirby."

Well, ONLY Mario games are interesting to me (Not All Mario games actually like Smash Bros, Mario Strikers, etc. I don't like those games). And Animal Crossing New Leaf.

Not interested with Zelda (But purchased Zelda BOTW for some reasons....), not interested with Kirby (Ball shape character ?), not interested with Splatoon (Shooting genre), not interested with Fire Emblem (Too Anime), not interested with Donkey Kong games (Not a fan of Gorilla animals), etc.

Anti-Matter

Sisilly_G

Unless they intend to include significantly more internal storage, and/or finally use UHD Blu-ray discs for physical games (which include 50GB, 66GB, and 100GB varieties), I don't see the point apart from upping the graphics ante. Quite frankly, I would be quite baffled at any enthusiasm concerning a new console (especially so soon) when there have been several significant hardware revisions with arguably negligible returns.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Octane

Anti-Matter wrote:

not interested with Donkey Kong games (Not a fan of Gorilla animals)

This has to be the weirdest reason to not like DK I've seen in a good while! What's wrong with gorillas?

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane Is not liking gorillas really weirder than not playing Kirby games because he's a "ball shape character?"

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Octane
Um...
Gorilla doesn't look cool compared with other animals.
Even on Animal Crossing New Leaf, i don't want Gorillas.
But i prefer Rabbit / Tiger / Ox / Wolf as the coolest looking animals in Anthromorphic form.

Anti-Matter

FragRed

I think what we can all agree with is the we need more games starring gorillas

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

You are the funniest person on this forum.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Trajan

@anti-matter

You are in a faction of a percentile of the industry. I'm sure PS5 will do just fine.

And wow, you don't even like most Nintendo games.

Surprised you don't just play mobile.

I will probably get a PS5. I like video games. Third party games will probably disappear from Nintendo once this happens. I guess owning both a PS and a Nintendo makes sense.

Edited on by Trajan

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Anti-Matter

@Trajan
"you don't even like most Nintendo games."

Well, i am Pickier. Not every Nintendo games (1st party) are impressed me.

"Surprised you don't just play mobile."

YIKES !!
I Don't Like Mobile games At All !

"Third party games will probably disappear from Nintendo once this happens."

I Will NOT Let it happen !
I still TRUST Nintendo can deliver MORE Kids games that Sony still UNABLE to deliver a LOT like Nintendo. I believe there are still some 3rd party developers who still dedicated their games just for Nintendo machines such as Nippon Columbia, FuRyu, Imagineer, MTO, etc. The games i'm looking for MUST be :
1. SAFE for Kids & Teens. No rated 18+ games Allowed, No Shooting genre, No Action games by Mostly, No Stupid Mainstream Sport games, No Realistic racing / driving games, No Visual Novel games, No LAME Western licence games, No Superheroes games.
2. Cute, Chibi, Colorful & Funny.
3. Building / Customize oriented games like Animal Crossing , Dragon Quest Builder, Portal Knights, The Sims. Also, other genre are preferable as long interesting.
4. Harvest Moon oriented, so Farming games in Chibi, proper gameplay at least like Harvest Moon.
5. Rhythm games with Interesting musics like DDR, Beatmania, Para Para Paradise, Jubeat, MaiMai, etc by Japanese artists but NOT from Mainstream artists like Typical American song muscians / singers.
6. LESS Actions games, MORE Designing games.
7. Girlie games that still playable for Male players like Cooking Mama, Style Savvy, any Fashion games, etc.

Anti-Matter

Kimyonaakuma

@Anti-Matter Yeah I'd rather not see some weird dictatorship happen

Variety can't be a bad thing, there's plenty of games that I don't really like or care about but I still appreciate them. A console can't survive on a small audience that only likes one type of game.

.....and taking away shooting games technically takes away the kid's games, well at least the one's I went to school with

Kimyonaakuma

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.