Forums

Topic: PS3 VS 360?

Posts 41 to 60 of 65

The_Fox

Regarding the whole MGS4 can't be done on the Xbox 360, that's always good for a chuckle. Kojima saying it makes it a fact, does it? interesting.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

DarkG

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

@DarkG-I find it hilarious that you called me a PS3 fanboy, but I own all current generation consoles and all current generation handhelds. I think fun can be had on any console or handheld. I might even play my Xbox 360 again in the near future. The PlayStation 3 is MORE POWERFUL than the Xbox 360. Even video game developers admit it. For example, Naughty Dog said that it is IMPOSSIBLE for Uncharted 2 to be ported to the Xbox 360. If you can show me proof that the Xbox 360 is more powerful than the PS3, then I will give you a cookie.

So, a PS3-only developer says the PS3 is more powerful, and that's a fact? really? so, if Bungie or Lionhead say the same about the Xbox 360, that would make it a fact too.. that would be a problem ROFL

What part of the fact that the PS3's GPU is inferior you don't understand? nVidia admitted it back at E3 2006... it's a GeForce 7950, that's the PS3 GPU... a DirectX 9.0c graphics card, with 256 MB of Video memory...
On the other hand, the Xbox 360 has a GPU from ATi, which is a preliminary model of the Radeon HD 3870, a DirectX 10.1 (which is essentially, DirectX 11 partially) graphics card, with up to 512 MB of Video memory... I think that everyone here can understand that!

On the CPU part, we have a very powerful, work-oriented CPU (PS3's Cell), and a Games-oriented CPU (Xbox 360's triple-core PowerPC), running at the same clock speed... the PS3's Cell has 8 Cells (2 of them disabled), while the Xbox 360 has 3 Cores running at the same speed each... the architectures are quite different, but on games, they are evenly matched... on hard lab work, Cell is the clear winner... but, you buy a GAMING Console for Games, right?

On the drive side of things... the DVD drive on the Xbox 360 is way faster than the BD drive of the PS3... Xbox 360's drive also has a faster data transfer rate, so games not only load faster on Xbox 360, but textures and sound can be compressed on the disc without having an impact on performance... to compensate this, PS3 has mandatory installs and uncompressed data on discs, as well as multiple copies of the same files on the disc...

and sorry, but if you say the PS3 is the most powerful current console (which is a lie) and to top it off you use Sony developers as proof, you're a fanboy lol... I too have all the consoles this gen, and the Wii is the one that gets most of my time and money lol, but you can't deny facts like the ones above...

PS: When a developer says that they maxed a console, 99% of the time they mean that they maxed their current engine, and can't do anything else with it... not that the console it's actually maxed out...

PPS: Kojima didn't lie about Metal Gear Solid 4 not being able to run on Xbox 360... it's true, PS3 code doesn't work on Xbox 360, and uncompressed audio and textures are a LOT of wasted space to fit on a single DVD9... but it can be ported, with the same, or even higher level of quality... whether Xbox 360 owners will buy it or not is something they don't know, and that's probably part of what they wanna do with the MGS game coming for both consoles...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

IAmNotWill

The+Fox wrote:

Regarding the whole MGS4 can't be done on the Xbox 360, that's always good for a chuckle. Kojima saying it makes it a fact, does it? interesting.

Yeah. Considering hes the guy behind the entire game. If MGS4 was to be ported to 360, it would have been here by now.

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Wait a minute.
This topic is called "360 vs. PS3", and yet theres no discussion of Wii in this topic. How so?
Is the Wii not apart of this "console war" so to speak?

DarkG wrote:

and sorry, but if you say the PS3 is the most powerful current console (which is a lie) and to top it off you use Sony developers as proof, you're a fanboy lol...

And when you constantly deny facts and defend something, your a fanboy...lol.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

DarkG

WhoKnew wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Yeah. Considering hes the guy behind the entire game. If MGS4 was to be ported to 360, it would have been here by now.

Not really, money buys exclusives, and I bet you Sony paid to be completely sre to hold MGS4 exclusive, at least for a couple of years... Konami has the final word, and given the next Metal Gear Solid is also coming to Xbox 360, shows that Sony's money is keeping MGS4 exclusive for some time (I doubt they funded the development, so it's more kind of a timed exclusive)

IAmNotWill

DarkG wrote:

WhoKnew wrote:

The+Fox wrote:

Not really, money buys exclusives, and I bet you Sony paid to be completely sre to hold MGS4 exclusive, at least for a couple of years... Konami has the final word, and given the next Metal Gear Solid is also coming to Xbox 360, shows that Sony's money is keeping MGS4 exclusive for some time (I doubt they funded the development, so it's more kind of a timed exclusive)

Proof?

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Trevor_Fox

Wait a minute...did Rare make Blast Corps?! O_o

Oh, man! I was wondering why that game hasn't been released on VC yet. Even though it's unlikely I think that the VC should get Blast Corps since XBLA got Banjo. Then everyone can be happy! =) Okay not really, but still...

I really did love that game. It was hard from what I remember, but there were so many bonus stages and challenges. Getting platinum medals on that game was insane!

Edited on by Trevor_Fox

Wii #: 2957-6808-2293-0954
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky FC: 2235-6850-1352
PSN: Trevor_Fox
-Try out my Littlebigplanet levels! =)

castlehominid99

Trevor fox you should get battle tanks and tmnt turtles in time reshelled on psn

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

DarkG

Trevor_Fox wrote:

Wait a minute...did Rare make Blast Corps?! O_o

Oh, man! I was wondering why that game hasn't been released on VC yet. Even though it's unlikely I think that the VC should get Blast Corps since XBLA got Banjo. Then everyone can be happy! =) Okay not really, but still...

I really did love that game. It was hard from what I remember, but there were so many bonus stages and challenges. Getting platinum medals on that game was insane!

Depends on who's the copyright holder for the game and franchise... Rare owned the copyright of the whole Banjo Games, so that stops them from releasing Banjo games on Wii, but allows them to develop such games for Nintendo DS (Who knows what will Microsoft Game Studios policy change regarding the Nintendo DS now that the Zune HD can play games...)

liammiller18

I'd like to point out that we (typically) buy video game consoles to play games. Correct?

This is where the PS3 trumps the 360, exclusives. The exclusives are better and more numerous on the PS3.

I'll list off some high-profile exclusives here:

Afrika
Demon's Souls
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Folklore
Gran Turismo HD Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Infamous
Katamari Forever
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ryu ga Gotoku 3 (Yakuza 3)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Valkyria Chronicles

M'kay, so in that list, I only used games that are currently release and excluded PSN games. That's a solid list of high-quality games. For anyone who's interested, here's a full list of exclusives:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

And now the 360:

Amped 3
Beautiful Katamari
Crackdown
Dead or Alive 4
Fable 2
Forza Motorsport 2
Gears of War 2
HALO 3
HALO Wars
The Idolm@ster games would go here, but they're region locked. PS3 has no region lock.
Lost Odyssey
Ninja Gaiden 2

Again, I didn't go into downloadable titles, and I reached a bit on a few, but there's what I came up with. And yes, I have played ODST, it was thoroughly disappointing. Here's a full list of exclusives:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

So yes, there are more exclusives on the 360, that is a fact. But they don't usually meet the level of quality that PS3 ones reach on average. If you want to compare downloadable exclusives, go for it. I'm confident that the PS3 has more superior exclusives than the 360.

Bacon, RPG elements and cute girls, what more could you want?

Sean007s

I love PS3 the most.

Someone please lock this thrend.
I am serious.
this sort of stuff brings in fanboys when they search this stuff on google.
Do the favor mods and save your site from the trolls. you'll thank me someday.

Playstation Network ID:Sean007s
Wii Friend Code:8597 6921 2179 2755. Add me please..
Currently playing:Uncharted 2,Soul Caliber 4,ModernWarfare2,Final Fantasy XIII.
Excited for: Fallout New Vegas,Gran Turismo 5,CoD:Black Ops.

liammiller18

I'd actually like this thread to be locked too. I know, I did add my bit to the debate, and I still stand with my opinion that the PS3 is superior, but we might as well kill the sparks before they burn.

Bacon, RPG elements and cute girls, what more could you want?

Sean007s

liammiller18 wrote:

I'd actually like this thread to be locked too. I know, I did add my bit to the debate, and I still stand with my opinion that the PS3 is superior, but we might as well kill the sparks before they burn.

Hey add me on PSN. "Sean007s"

Also yes i agree this stuff is bloody gonna rank in some fanboys.
You honestly don't want this site to be filled with fanboys. its a nice peaceful site.

The_Fox

liammiller18 wrote:

I'd like to point out that we (typically) buy video game consoles to play games. Correct?

This is where the PS3 trumps the 360, exclusives. The exclusives are better and more numerous on the PS3.

I'll list off some high-profile exclusives here:

Afrika
Demon's Souls
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
Folklore
Gran Turismo HD Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Infamous
Katamari Forever
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Ryu ga Gotoku 3 (Yakuza 3)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Valkyria Chronicles

M'kay, so in that list, I only used games that are currently release and excluded PSN games. That's a solid list of high-quality games. For anyone who's interested, here's a full list of exclusives:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_3-only_games

And now the 360:

Amped 3
Beautiful Katamari
Crackdown
Dead or Alive 4
Fable 2
Forza Motorsport 2
Gears of War 2
HALO 3
HALO Wars
The Idolm@ster games would go here, but they're region locked. PS3 has no region lock.
Lost Odyssey
Ninja Gaiden 2

Again, I didn't go into downloadable titles, and I reached a bit on a few, but there's what I came up with. And yes, I have played ODST, it was thoroughly disappointing. Here's a full list of exclusives:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox_360-only_games

So yes, there are more exclusives on the 360, that is a fact. But they don't usually meet the level of quality that PS3 ones reach on average. If you want to compare downloadable exclusives, go for it. I'm confident that the PS3 has more superior exclusives than the 360.

Yawn. What you call good is subjective. Afrika? GT Prologue? Heavenly Sword? Folklore? All pretty crappy, in my opinion but maybe gold in another persons. That's why people making these list for one or another always tends to be projecting their own tastes.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

marioman5

I have a ps3 and a wii, and i have had much experience with my friends' xboxs. In MY opinion, i think the ps3 is better for ME. Not to sound like a fanboy, but here is a list of ps3 and xbox pros
PS3 Pros
same price as xbox now
built in bluray
free online
built in wireless
can process games in up to 1080p, while xbox can only do 720p upscaled to 1080p
most of its exclusives are rated a 9.5 or above
bluray discs can hold up to 54gb, meaning exclusives can have more content. (mass effect 2 could have been on 1 ps3 disc)
quiter than xbox
playstation move has less bugs, and more ability even as a prototype compared to project NATAL
can support most usb accessories (except for webcams)
you can do 6 way video chats with the playstation EYE at 120fps
controllers have SIXAXIS aka wii remote with no pointer and more buttons
controllers have built in rechargeable batteries
ps3 has bluetooth for headsets and keyboards,ect
you can have up to 7 players at once,
PSone classics
all of the different things you can do when you connect a psp
you can serf the internet
you can share all purchased psn stuff throught all accounts
...ect
XBOX 360 pros
controller is better for FPS games.
more people have it
has more exclusives
quote of what other people tell me, with spit, "X...spit...BOX...spit in face...has better...spit...LI...spit...spit some more...V...ultra spit in person who wants you to leave them alone...E"
translation: xbox has better live

most games for both systems are better on the xbox, because they are programed for xbox (it is easier to work with) and then they are ported to the ps3. (xbox dvds can hold only 9.7 gigs. think of all of the extra features that could be on a ps3 54gb bluray disc.) final fantasy XIII looks better on ps3, because it was ported from ps3 to xbox. also things like this have happened. in cod waw there was supposed to be the type 99 in der riese, but they took it out, because all xboxs froze when they tested it, but not on the ps3.

the PS3 has more features than the xbox, in fact the xbox limits the ideas of programmers, so i think that xboxs can go and swim in a fruitcake.

Edited on by marioman5

PSN:marioman5
Brawl FC:3437-8372-9524

Bankai

I personally much prefer the PS3. I find the online experience fine, the downloadable media good quality (I have a whole bunch of Playstation Classics, Minis, and PSN games - more than I could possibly hope to play in one year), and the physical media better.

It's the lesser known and used parts of the PS3 that make it the better experience. Firstly, you can shop on international PSNs. I have a bunch of Japanese PSOne games and PSN games that are simply not going to be available in the US or Europe, ever, but there I am, able to download and play them.

It's the ability to share PSOne games and Minis with the PSP that's a great bonus. Taking games with you that you play on the TV on the go is something neither Nintendo nor Microsoft can offer.

It's added multimedia experiences sound as VidZone and Home which are little fun extras.

And certain games are simply better on the PS3. The main reason I originally chose the PS3 over Xbox 360 is because Final Fantasy XIII looks far better on the PS3. There are other great exclusives on the PS3.

Ultimately both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are great quality consoles, and you'll get your money's worth from either, but personally, I'd go with the PS3.

Sean007s

Oh sweet jesus.
Someone delete this thread.

V8_Ninja

The term "Better" is obsolete when it comes to consoles. You should look at the titles for each platform or more importantly the exclusives.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

cheetahman91

cheetahman91 wrote:

Get the 360. I would say something about Sony but I'd rather not. Plus the online is awesome, even if you have to pay for it.

I'm sure was going to say "Sony sucks", but I've been playing too much Playstation lately to say that. No tellin' what would've happened to the thread if I ran my mouth back then though.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.