Forums

Topic: PS3 VS 360?

Posts 21 to 40 of 65

chadthegamer

Why can't we all just get along?
OK, I own all 3 consoles and I happen to play the most on my wii, but I do play on my PS3 alot. I will say that there will be alot of great PS3 exclusives being released and nothing has really interested me for the xbox 360. (Halo 3 ODST is a joke in my eyes, but that's my opinion) I don't mean to sound like a fanboy here, but I personally find the PS3 to be better. The amount of exclusives being released for the system, the great graphics, the blue-ray player, and the amazing games on the system just makes it better than the 360. I've also had the fortune of never having my PS3 break on me, but I've gotten RROD on my 360 twice now. Not to mention I really don't like many of the great games on the 360 (Halo, Gears of War) They don't interest me the same way as Metal Gear Solid 4 and Uncharted do. I can't say anything about online since I don't have it on my 360, but I refuse to pay to play online when I can get online for my wii and ps3 for free. This is all strictly my opinion, so you don't have to agree with me. And I don't mean to sound like a fanboy (I'm not) I just prefer the PS3 over the 360.

Edit: Oh and also, now that there's a price cut on the PS3 and the PS3 Slim has been released, I see no reason not to get one. To be honest, my 360 is costing me more than my PS3. I've taken it back many times, I had to buy a controller charger, more batteries, and God knows how much I'd spend on it if I buy online.

Edited on by chadthegamer

Judge games by what they have and not what they could have had
Wii Number: 3670 7978 6538 8640
PSN ID ~ chadthegamer
Currently Awaiting: Skyward Sword, Dead Space 2, 3DS, Kirby, Vanquish, AC2 Brotherhood, DK

grenworthshero

I don't feel like stating my reasons, but I'm a fan of the PS3. I really want one, but I ain't gots no moneys.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

The_Fox

Nintendork wrote:

As I am too lazy to type a big long rant, I'll just post links of someone who takes a detailed look at specifically why the PS3's so much better.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=90F41D28BED1CAEC

Oh, yeah. Him. I'd watch that if the guy wasn't so incredibly boring.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

M00se

the ps3 has a better line up of QUALITY GAMES!!! metal gear, uncharted, mag, killzone, infamous compared to 360s halo, fable and gears if they dont make 3 on ps3! ps3 has bu-ray which has 10gb more spae than hd dvds and has FREE online service without the little kids screaming playing halo and gta! the ps3 dosent run on p2p so when someone drops out the whole game dosent reset because the host left. the ps3 is also much better with online in terms that it dosent lag at all! the 360 is too expensive!!! a slim is 299 and an elite is 299, but when you gotta buy baterries every 3 days and an adaptor because your router is too far away, that about 399+2.99 for a pack of cheap batteries! and if you wanna buy a wireless headset, its $60 compared to ps3s bluetooth capabilities which you can get a good bluetooth headset for 15.99 at staples! and dont forget the 360s 56% or so failure rate and the jasper chipset only brings it down to about 50%!! PS3 is better!

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

IAmNotWill

@DarkG:
"PS3's inferior graphics hardware".
"MGS4 is perfectly doable on Xbox 360 and PC"
"ANything else to rant about my dear PS3 fanboy?"

I lol'd. You sound like a fanboy yourself with your inaccurate statements. Kojima said the metal gear engine will not be able to run on the 360. And don't get me started on graphics hardware. You really need to watch these videos, because you are so wrong. And how can you call SuperSonic1990 a "fanboy" when he has all 3 current generation consoles?

I respect your opinion, but you really need to get your facts straight.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Nintendork

The+Fox wrote:

Nintendork wrote:

As I am too lazy to type a big long rant, I'll just post links of someone who takes a detailed look at specifically why the PS3's so much better.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=90F41D28BED1CAEC

Oh, yeah. Him. I'd watch that if the guy wasn't so incredibly boring.

@Whoknew

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Edited on by Nintendork

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

Corbs

Xbox Live Arcade alone is almost worth the price of the console. That's where the PS3 is lacking, in the digital downloads, IMO.

Plain old gamer :)

IAmNotWill

Corbie wrote:

Xbox Live Arcade alone is almost worth the price of the console. That's where the PS3 is lacking, in the digital downloads, IMO.

Thats something I can agree with. All I ever here about is Wii downloads and XBLA. Haven't heard many great things about the PSN.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

Nintendork

@Corbie
Really? I could have sworn that most of the great games are on the PSN. What non-XBLA games do you mean, exactly?

That's why you're still a kid.
ADD ME ON PSN: xnintendorkx
Youtube account: xNintendorkx

Corbs

I'm hoping this PSP Minis will fix that. I hope it doesn't turn into another PSN.

Corbs

Splosion Man
Braid
Roo Goo
Ikaruga
Geometry Wars 2

Machu

LET BATTLE COMMENCE!!!!

Untitled

Rawr!

chadthegamer

@Machu
I'll get the popcorn!

Judge games by what they have and not what they could have had
Wii Number: 3670 7978 6538 8640
PSN ID ~ chadthegamer
Currently Awaiting: Skyward Sword, Dead Space 2, 3DS, Kirby, Vanquish, AC2 Brotherhood, DK

Corbs

Oh and Banjo Kazooie alone would be enough for me to buy an Xbox 360 if I didn't already have one...err two. Man I love that new XBLA version.

And I do still think both consoles are great. But if I had to choose only one, I'd still go with the Xbox 360.

Edited on by Corbs

Machu

Corbie wrote:

Oh and Banjo Kazooie alone would be enough for me to buy an Xbox 360

Aaaah! Stop it Corb's! BK and PD are my two main reasons for wanting to re-own a 360. Ironic huh, buy a powerhouse console to play two N64 games. If they release Blast Corps and JFG on XBLA as well, then I will be screwed!

Rawr!

Knux

@DarkG-I find it hilarious that you called me a PS3 fanboy, but I own all current generation consoles and all current generation handhelds. I think fun can be had on any console or handheld. I might even play my Xbox 360 again in the near future. The PlayStation 3 is MORE POWERFUL than the Xbox 360. Even video game developers admit it. For example, Naughty Dog said that it is IMPOSSIBLE for Uncharted 2 to be ported to the Xbox 360. If you can show me proof that the Xbox 360 is more powerful than the PS3, then I will give you a cookie.
I do agree with Corbie, that the XBLA libary is currently better than the PSN libary. I hope the PSN libary has more variety in the future. Oh, and Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are one of the main reasons I'm keeping my Xbox 360.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Chrono_Cross

Wait a minute.
This topic is called "360 vs. PS3", and yet theres no discussion of Wii in this topic. How so?
Is the Wii not apart of this "console war" so to speak?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.