Forums

Topic: PS3 VS 360?

Posts 1 to 20 of 65

SgtSawkz

Now I'm not talking about hardware here, but which should be considered more as a buy. Tons of my friends are trying to convince me to get a 360, however I'm not as interested in it as I am in the PS3. The buying online for the 360 seems like a deal breaker, but is it? Oh, and pls no stick with the wii comments, I still play and enjoy it, and probably will not ever get either, I'm just genuinely interested.

Golden Sun the Dark Dawn:
Best game ever in the making?
Yes it is

Infernape1000

To be honest, I'm getting an Xbox 360 because of the games, and the exclusives!

Twitter - Infernape1000
Youtube - Infernape1000

ShadowFlame76

I picked up an XBox360 recently, love it, love the games, and the online is cheap $60 for a year of an online system that actually works is fine with me.

ShadowFlame76

cheetahman91

Get the 360. I would say something about Sony but I'd rather not. Plus the online is awesome, even if you have to pay for it.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

SgtSawkz

LOL this is the exact opposite from what I expected, from what I've seen on other topics, most people seem to lean toward the PS3... I may put more thought into this after all

Golden Sun the Dark Dawn:
Best game ever in the making?
Yes it is

Devil_Hunter_Dante

Hell I am still happy with my PS2 and I do not like Microsoft. Do not get me wrong though the 360 has quite a bit of impressive titles and same with Sony PS3.

Devil_Hunter_Dante

Corbs

The Xbox 360 is still the better choice, IMO.

Plain old gamer :)

DarkG

Xbox 360 has a higher installed userbase... the best online experience available on consoles, and some of the best exclusives of the HD Consoles, plus the better version of most, if not all, multiplattform games... plus one of the, if not the, most comfortable "standard" controllers ever made.

Now is a good moment to get one too... $249 for an Elite SKU if you are in the US ($50 mail-in rebate), or $399 for either the Modern Warfare 2 Bundle (250 GB HDD, extra controller and game), or the Forza Motorsport 3 bundle (same extras)

PS: If you get the 360, and want LIVE Gold, give maximuscards.com a try, they have 1-year subscriptions for around $40, $10 less than directly on the Xbox 360!

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

Knux

The PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360. The PS3 has TONS of exclusive games, free online, better graphics, and bigger games thanks to the Blu-Ray discs. Not to mention that the Xbox 360 has tons of technical problems, and the PS3 does not. I also own both consoles, so I know which console is better.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

DarkG

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

The PlayStation 3 is better than the Xbox 360. The PS3 has TONS of exclusive games, free online, better graphics, and bigger games thanks to the Blu-Ray discs. Not to mention that the Xbox 360 has tons of technical problems, and the PS3 does not. I also own both consoles, so I know which console is better.

1. Last time I checked, Xbox 360 still had lots more exclusives... and more coming...
2. Free online, but you get what you pay for... PlayStation Network simply isn't as good, or feature-packed as Xbox LIVE, plus LIVE is also free, you only have to pay to play most Xbox 360 games online (some can be played for free, just like ALL GFW - LIVE games)
3. Xbox 360 has superior graphics hardware (check specs), so it's actually the one with better graphics (more memory available, and more effects, plus 2x Anti-Aliasing minimum, something PS3 lacks in almost all games)
4. So far, the extra space on BD discs has been used to try and compensate for the slow BD unit of the PS3 (it's actually slower than DVD drives) PS3 games load considerably slower due to the limited bandwidth and speed of the drive, so to decrease seek times on the disc, the data is usually 2 or 3 times on different places of the disc, so it will take less time to get it. Games that don't do this are notable for large and mandatory installs, as well as longer load times (that's a fact about the PS3... BD doesn't mean bigger games, not on the PS3 at least...)
5. Xbox 360 only had a technical problem, that had to do with the way the Motherboard was assembled... that problem is pretty much solved (Can't say the same about the PS3's yellow light and overheating problems yet...), and has an extended 3-year warranty, so it isn't something to be worried about either...

because of how much misinformation you (SuperSonic1990) just had on your post, I highly doubt you have even looked at an Xbox 360...

Dezner

Ah, the console wars rage as usual.

Get both. Topic over!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Luigi-la-bouncy

I think it depends which games capture your imagination the most. For example unchartered 2 looks great to me whereas Halo ODST looks quite dull. So if it was me I would get a PS3. Of course I wouldn't choose either of them over the Wii.

Luigi-la-bouncy

luigiman2

If I had to choose, I would get the Play Station 3.

Enjoy the CHEESE of life.

The_Fox

I'd suggest the Xbox 360 any day of the week. Both are good systems, so you can't really go wrong either way.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

tambourine_man

I'd say the 360. The online's better, the controller's more comfortable (to me) and there are more interesting games on the Live Arcade in my opinion.

tambourine_man

Knux

DarkG wrote:

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

1. Last time I checked, Xbox 360 still had lots more exclusives... and more coming...
2. Free online, but you get what you pay for... PlayStation Network simply isn't as good, or feature-packed as Xbox LIVE, plus LIVE is also free, you only have to pay to play most Xbox 360 games online (some can be played for free, just like ALL GFW - LIVE games)
3. Xbox 360 has superior graphics hardware (check specs), so it's actually the one with better graphics (more memory available, and more effects, plus 2x Anti-Aliasing minimum, something PS3 lacks in almost all games)
4. So far, the extra space on BD discs has been used to try and compensate for the slow BD unit of the PS3 (it's actually slower than DVD drives) PS3 games load considerably slower due to the limited bandwidth and speed of the drive, so to decrease seek times on the disc, the data is usually 2 or 3 times on different places of the disc, so it will take less time to get it. Games that don't do this are notable for large and mandatory installs, as well as longer load times (that's a fact about the PS3... BD doesn't mean bigger games, not on the PS3 at least...)
5. Xbox 360 only had a technical problem, that had to do with the way the Motherboard was assembled... that problem is pretty much solved (Can't say the same about the PS3's yellow light and overheating problems yet...), and has an extended 3-year warranty, so it isn't something to be worried about either...

because of how much misinformation you (SuperSonic1990) just had on your post, I highly doubt you have even looked at an Xbox 360...

Misinformation? I think you have misinformation, DarkG. First off, Blu-Ray discs DOES mean bigger games. Blu-Ray discs can hold up to 50 GB of data, and Xbox 360 discs have much smaller data. Metal Gear Solid 4 is never coming to the Xbox 360 because of this. If Metal Gear Solid 4 came to Xbox 360, then I would be wrong. But, I'm not. Not only that, but there are some games that are on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and the PS3 version has more content. The PS3 version of Enternal Sonata is proof that PS3 games do contain more content.
But, the biggest proof of all, is the upcoming port of the fo... I heard that when the PS3 port was announced, some Japanese Xbox 360 gamers destroyed their Xbox 360s. You know why? Because, the Japanese realized that the PS3 is superoir to the Xbox 360 in everyway when it come to games. Oh, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 with online co-op said hi.

Knux

DarkG

SuperSonic1990 wrote:

Misinformation? I think you have misinformation, DarkG. First off, Blu-Ray discs DOES mean bigger games. Blu-Ray discs can hold up to 50 GB of data, and Xbox 360 discs have much smaller data. Metal Gear Solid 4 is never coming to the Xbox 360 because of this. If Metal Gear Solid 4 came to Xbox 360, then I would be wrong. But, I'm not. Not only that, but there are some games that are on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and the PS3 version has more content. The PS3 version of Enternal Sonata is proof that PS3 games do contain more content.
But, the biggest proof of all, is the upcoming port of the fo... I heard that when the PS3 port was announced, some Japanese Xbox 360 gamers destroyed their Xbox 360s. You know why? Because, the Japanese realized that the PS3 is superoir to the Xbox 360 in everyway when it come to games. Oh, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 with online co-op said hi.

LOL, that's the kind of fanboy reply I expected lol...

ummm... where to start?... If you read my post, or looked at the specs yourself, you know that the PS3's inferior graphics hardware, and slower media means it takes more time to find and read something from the disc... for that very reason, most games have 2 or 3 times the same data on the disc, in different places, so that the tie it takes for the lens to find the stuff it's looking for is less...

Metal Gear Solid 4 uses almost no compression on textures (they are stored as you see them) to help reduce loading times, and the whole game's sound is in an uncompressed, HD codec... that means, it takes a lot more space, while having the same quality as, say, Dolby TrueHD (but, it uses less resources...)... MGS4 is perfectly doable on Xbox 360 and PC, without the need for a Blu-Ray drive.. on a single DVD9, maybe even 2 if they wanna add higher res textures and whatnot...

Weird, I've seen that some games have extra content, only available on Xbox LIVE (GTA IV expansions for example..)... And 99% of the time, late ports come with extras... look at the (vastly inferior) version of Resident Evil 4 for PS2 and PC, added extras for the delay... sometimes those extras are DLC packs and stuff like that too... that's no surprise if the game comes out later...

Tales of Vesperia is now being ported to the PS3... (a JRPG being ported to a Japanese console! no way! ROFL) if it didn't have extras, and all bugs and problems weren't being fixed, I would feel ripped off... that's the minimum expected for a late port... it didn't even had awesome graphics, it's perfectly doable on PS3 without lowering quality or anything...

ANything else to rant about my dear PS3 fanboy?

removed

I'm not going to get into a spec argument with anyone over anything here, but i prefer the PS3. Just dropping my opinion, and the 360 controller is my favorite controller of all time despite this.

360 can never be equal while mlb the show is playstation exclusive. End of story.

removed

ItsFuzzyPickles

I would go with the Playstation 3. Even thought I own neither of the two systems, I will be getting a Playstation 3. When is unknown. Here is why I would get the Playstation 3:

1. Free online: Who pays for online nowadays? Nintendo doesn't do it and thank god Sony doesn't either. I'm not getting a system where you have to pay for online.

2. Tons of great exclusives coming up. Lots of great PS3 exclusives are coming. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time, God of War III, Uncharted 2: Among Theives, Gran Turismo 5, and so much more.

3. PS3 versions are starting to be standards. Batman: Arkham Asylum plays best on the PS3 (Joker extra contents said hi). I'm sure others will follow.

4. Now affordable. The system just cost $299, maybe enough for me to own finally.

5. So much more features then on the Wii. It has Blu-Ray Player, able to download larger games, musics, movies, etc. And that's just the beginning.

6. The Playstation 3 is the most poweful system out of the bunch. I said it and it's fact. It's full potential hasn't been reached yet.

This should more then convince you to buy the PS3.

ItsFuzzyPickles

Switch Friend Code: SW-1409-9782-5984 | Nintendo Network ID: astarisborn94 | Twitter:

Machu

I'm a Ninty fanboy so this kind of pains me to say, but I miss my 360. I sold it after the second time I returned it to MS, I felt cheated into buying something that didn't work. Now the problem is fixed (so I hear anyway) I am tempted to get one again, but I just spent bucks on my PC which is in effect the same thing soo. If it weren't for that horrid controller I'd buy a PS3 for the blu-ray. MUST HOLD OUT FOR THE NEXT WII! I hope I do

Rawr!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.