Forums

Topic: Castlehominid99's Personal Diary

Posts 461 to 480 of 609

Slapshot

@Stuffy.... I heard a reviewer say that it took him a little over 8 hours to beat the 1st level and was like Wow. Maybe Ninja Gaiden isn't the hardest game ever. Good to hear cause one day I will be picking it up.

@Adam.... I miss 2.5D games. Do you know how Awesome you could make a 2.5D game nowadays but nobody has really made one in a LONG Time. Klonoa is a Prime example of how great they can be.

Uncharted 2 just gets better and better and better. Ive dropped prob 15hrs into it now and Wow. Plunder on Multiplayer is freakin sweet and I usually HATE Objective games. I racked up some major medal achievments and went up a whole level in one game because I had like 30+ kills in one match with all different weapons.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

castlehominid99

I am ordering ps3 laser today and should get it sometime next week

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

castlehominid99

I know I do too cant wait to play all of my games

Stuffgamer1

@slapshot82: Wow, that reviewer sucked, too. I haven't spent 8 hours on the game TOTAL yet, and I've been wandering doing a bit of farming since I beat the first boss!

When you say 2.5D games, do you mean ones that actually have 3D elements (enemies in the background and the like), or just 3D rendered 2D gameplay? I'm guessing the former, lest I need embarass you by pointing out that there have been quite a few such games made in the last few years. Actually, even if you DO mean the former, I would point to Shadow Complex to prove that such awesome games are indeed still being made.

I've been busy with Uncharted 2 for the most part. I'm up to Chapter 22 on my second playthrough (on Hard). No idea how I'm going to manage to beat Crushing, 'cause I've barely scraped through some battles already! Game's much harder than Uncharted 1, I think. Awesome game nonetheless, of course. And I'll probably find a way to earn my Platinum. A friend already has it, and I can't just not catch up, right?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

castlehominid99

Is quest for booty really good

Slapshot

@Stuffy..... I started off playing Uncharted 2 on Hard and Im on Chapter 11. I slammed about 15+ hours into multiplayer prob so that has taken a big chunk of my Uncharted 2 time with the game. Im still just so addicted to Ninja Gaiden Sigma even the greatness of Uncharted 2 hasn't completely pulled me away from it. Ill go for my Platinum on it prob sometime next year lol.

@castle.... Ill let you know when I beat Future Tools of Destruction first so I can crank up Crack in Time as its the Sequel I want to beat Future first

@Stuffy.... again ..... I played the demo to Shadow Complex and it was friggin awesome, just dont have a 360 anymore so cant play it wich isnt cool. But I do miss the likes of Einhander, Klonoa (especially) got no Wii either for that sequel Tomba, Pandorium, Wild 9, etc. I just really enjoyed that style of gameplay. There are some coming to PSN, Bonk, Trine(expensive), Matt Hazard, and quite a few others so we shall see what the future holds though I would settle for a PSone Download of Klonoa

odd69

Demon's Souls kicks me in the nuts, i like it, but im going to end up selling it once im done with it. Trine is going to kick ass. It's games like Trine that i like. But im still in fallout 3 dlc land. I'm going to give it a break for Trine and quite possibly borderlands though. I'm taking my sweet time with fallout 3 just like oblivion. It's better like that.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Stuffgamer1

@Slappy (but not a squrrel): I wonder how it is I never heard of that PSN/XBLA Matt Hazard game until now? I did quite enjoy Eat Lead, until earning the Platinum sapped all the fun out of it (far more than even Uncharted 2 can do...speaking of which, I'm now on Chapter 22 in Crushing, so I think I can pull this off ), so a retro-styled prequel sounds great! But a quick Google search revealed that it was announced to be released in the summer...what's the holdup, and is it still coming at all?

Also, when you say "Pandonium," do you mean "Pandimonium!" which released on PS1 Classics week before last? It sounds like something I might try if I had the money to drop on it.

And Trine may be expensive, but it looks awesome, and it even gets a full retail set of Trophies!

Edited on by Stuffgamer1

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

WolfRamHeart

I know there is a thread for this 3 Dot Game Heroes for PS3 somewhere but since I cannot locate it at the moment I decided to post the link to this new Japanese trailer here. I hope you guys enjoy watching it as much as I did. It looks really awesome and I hope that we get it soon!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ctUr1Tnzg

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

Slapshot

@Stuffy.... yeah I did mean Pandimonium lol. I always get the name mixed up on that one for some reason Im fixing to start up Sigma, I think Im pretty much in this one for the long haul and then back to Uncharted 2. The combat engine is just phenominal I cant stop. So much better than the original release years ago. But good to hear its goin to be accomplished, I will Platinum it one day lol. Sigma 2 has yet to be Platinumed to my knowlege and me and my brother are refreshing up on Sigma now and will start Sigma 2 both after Uncharted 2. Trine does indeed look awesome but my PSN money is now spent for awhile so Ill prob pick it up in the future. Oh and the Matt Hazard had a article in OPM this month and its looking really sweet.

Stuffgamer1

@WolfRamHeart: There's entirely too much Japanese in that trailer, but the gameplay still looks awesome. I hope it does release in America without too long a delay!

@slapshot82: I finished Crushing! Just a couple other Trophies to mop up and I'll have my tenth Platinum!

I don't read OPM, so I didn't know. Sounds cool, though. Did they have an updated release window for it?

castlehominid99

Will be getting trine and halfminute hero tomorrow

SwerdMurd

None of you guys have Borderlands yet? I've been watching my nephew for the last couple days but it's about to be on pretty seriously with that game....seriously. You guys must see the cel-shading to believe it. It's gawjuss.

@Slapperoni_The_SanFrancisco_Treat - fixed you a version of the game w/ Joystick support btw check the thread.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Adam

What's Borderlands like? I can't tell if it's just a cel-shaded Fallout ripoff or something else from the one or two videos I've seen.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

castlehominid99

It seems like a pretty interesting game and I willprobably get it if I have enough money after my mustbuy games

Slapshot

@Stuff..... Dude already finished Crushing... lol that is awesome. I played a few minutes of Sigma last night but tomorrow night Im on some Uncharted 2 cause it the only night Ill get to play this weekend cause Im goin to Atlanta to see my Thrashers play Saturday night.

@Swerd_that_Slappy_guy_would_love_2_visit_SF ..... thankx again, Im about to see what I can do with my contoller in hand lol. 30,000 here I come.

Adam

Wow, I've apparently been giving Demon's Souls an undeserved bad rap in the difficulty department. I have already told of my hours of failure as Shiren the Wanderer, but on only my second attempt as Adam the Thief I got much farther into the first level. Hopefully with the character change I'll be able to see the second level, too, but... one step at a time.

I'm sure Thief is not the best class for a starter, either, but I try not to be to calculating in such choices. Wanderer just sounded cool, and I wanted to name him Shiren. Corny, I know. I generally like thieves in RPGs though, so it was an obvious second choice. Bow and arrow? Check. Falling from ridiculously epic heights with the grace of a cat? Check!

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

WolfRamHeart

@Adam: I'm glad to see that you gave Demon's Souls a second chance. This is a game that will piss you off but it is oh so satisfying. Good luck, I'm pulling for you man!

@Stuffgamer: Hey, I'm sorry that the 3 Dot Game Heroes trailer I put up had so much Japanese in it but it is a Japanese trailer after all. Despite that, I think that it looks incredible and I really hope we see it come to the US very soon.

I need to pick up a copy of Uncharted 2 because I hear that it is really good. I'm considering Borderlands and Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. I hope that I can also pick up some points soon so I can get Critter Crunch and Trine.

WolfRamHeart

Adam

What's disappointing about all the Japanese is that it means the game will take longer to localize, if it is localized at all, and if it's not, it will be more difficult to play through an imported version. I would assume Stuffleupagus is bemoanining this quandary, as I certainly am. I was expecting a much less text-heavy game. However, if need be, I will play through it without understanding a word anyone says. I badly want to play this.

About Demon's Souls, only took a third try as Thief to get to the end of the level and beat that vile blob thing. Hooray! I'm so glad I'll finally be able to access co-op mode and see the next level. It's amazing how significantly easier the level is with one class versus another. Has anyone else tried as Wanderer? I'm sure it's not just the class's fault but also mine; however, I'm interested to know how much of the problem was due to my personal suckinessity. Anyway, I'm quite glad that I'll be able to get some more enjoyment out of this game, hopefully much more.

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.