Forums

Topic: Castlehominid99's Personal Diary

Posts 321 to 340 of 609

Adam

No, you deleted a post and reposted it with a fake edit attached... for some reason. It would show "last edited" at the bottom-right of the post if you had edited it.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Slapshot

well at least it wasnt like 7 post in a row so Ill give you some Kudos castle lol. I played the demo of TMNT and as a huge TMNT fan ( just dropped 60 on Special Edition TMNT BD Box Set lol) i almost bought it instead of the demo and i played the demo and was not impressed with the controls at all. Its very hard to aim your attacks and very hard to not get hit and that was a no buy for me sadly. The graphics look amazing though.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

castlehominid99

I am getting tmnt tomorrow and burnout. I dont really like the pixeljunk games. They are both too simpple and a bit repetitive not to mention the trophies take so much time. maybe I should get cuboid. Should I get Shatter and gunstar heroes or burnout dlc

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

castlehominid99

Wait what is your username adam

Adam

My username is Learn2EditDammitThisIsSeriouslyGettingRidiculousAndAtLeastABitAnnoying.

But my PS3 isn't online anymore, so don't bother adding me because you won't see me there, unfortunately.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

@Adam: Why does PSN say your last sign in was eight hours ago if your system isn't online? Let's see...it's about 5:30am here as I type this...you're an hour behind me...so that was around 8:30pm on Thursday?

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

castlehominid99

Why is your ps3 no longer online

Adam

That's bizarre, Stuffy. I last signed in a week or two ago. I wonder if someone got into my account. I'm planning to put my account on my brother's PS3 today when I go home so I don't have to tote mine back and forth (though it unfortunately means I won't be able to play downloaded games here... but Demons Souls comes out soon enough, and I won't care then), but I'm almost certain I haven't put my account on his system already. Maybe I did. I don't remember.

I am on a university connection, Castle, and my consoles can't authenticate on it.

Come on, friends,

Slapshot

@Adam.... I like the new Avatar. It tripped me out when I first saw it I almost thought we had another new PS3 user here on NL

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

clicketyclick

weirdadam wrote:

I am on a university connection, Castle, and my consoles can't authenticate on it.

What does that mean? Like, you don't have the WEP password or something? Most people can play their consoles online from dorms.

Now Playing: Bioshock

castlehominid99

Just donloaded tmnt will also be getting burnout cuboid shatter gunstar heroes and flower

Adam

clicketyclick wrote:

weirdadam wrote:

What does that mean? Like, you don't have the WEP password or something? Most people can play their consoles online from dorms.

It's not a wireless connection. It's wired, and when I plug it in, Windows has a little bubble pop up asking me to put my user name and password in to connect. Presumably, since these consoles don't use a recognized (or any) OS, this information entry doesn't ever appear, so it just tries to connect without authenticating (putting in my staff ID number), which of course does not work.

Come on, friends,

odd69

@adam That sucks man. We really enjoy gaming with you.

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Stuffgamer1

@Adam: "Presumably?" Have you even TRIED to connect your PS3 yet? Sorry, maybe it's just the way you worded it, but it sounds like you haven't...and that would be just dumb. I'm pretty sure you're smarter than that, but I just had to check anyway.

Also, why do you want Demons Souls without online? That game interacts online to such a degree I don't think it would be very good offline at all! Actually, I'm not 100% sure you CAN play it offline...

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

castlehominid99

odd69 when will you be on I want to play tmnt with you can we do story on normal and I am michelangelo

odd69

I can be on in 3 seconds. the audio on this game is too loud.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Adam

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

@Adam: "Presumably?" Have you even TRIED to connect your PS3 yet? Sorry, maybe it's just the way you worded it, but it sounds like you haven't...and that would be just dumb. I'm pretty sure you're smarter than that, but I just had to check anyway.

Also, why do you want Demons Souls without online? That game interacts online to such a degree I don't think it would be very good offline at all! Actually, I'm not 100% sure you CAN play it offline...

The reason I can't connect online is "presumably" what I said in that sentence. I know I can't connect online. I was just saying that I'm only 99% sure what the reason is. I've tried everything, so I'd like to say 100%, but for some reason I'm constantly being told that I'm probably wrong without any suggestions for how to fix it.

I love dungeon crawlers. Demons Souls is of course playable offline. The online features are very cool, but there isn't a single game on PS3 (or probably on any console) that is only playable online. Even games like Warhawk are playable offline, despite being really boring offline. Demons Souls' online features are nothing essential to the core game but just neat enhancements.

Plus, I'm not living in an on-campus apartment for the rest of my life. I actually hate grad school, so I'm strongly considering dropping out after this semester or next, but even if not, it's a two-year degree, and there are holidays and weekends (such as this one) when I'm home with internet connection. I barely have time to play during the week anyway, so having online play at the apartment is unnecessary, fortunately.

Come on, friends,

Stuffgamer1

@Adam: Okay, that's fine. I didn't mean to offend, of course...just trying to explore all options from my limited understanding of your situation.

And just to nitpick, you can't play Final Fantasy XI on Xbox 360 without an internet connection.

WolfRamHeart

@Adam: Hey, how are you doing man? Good, I hope. I'm sorry to hear about your gaming situation because I miss playing with you online. I am also planning on getting Demon's Souls. I can't wait for that one! Also, I noticed your avatar and signature change; was that your doing or is it just Chicken Brutus messing with you again? Well, I like it and I think that it is absolutely hilarious! I saw that the whole headcrab thing started in Orlick's thread. You guys crack me up!

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

Adam

@ Stuffy
No offense taken. I was not referring to anyone here but personal aquaintances who like to tell me I'm wrong. And yea, I didn't think about MMOs. I always forget they make those for consoles, too. Anyway, I can't stand those kinds of games, so it would never have occurred to me, but Demons Souls is primarily a single-player game with some super cool, optional online enhancements. It's bizarre because I was talking to a friend a year or two ago about this idea for a Zelda game I'd imagined with all same online stuff: leaving messages (truths or lies) and entering others' games without warning to help or to kill (well, I suppose being a Nintendo game, you'd "faint," haha). How could I pass up playing my own dream game!

@ Wolfy
Oh, just saw your post, Wolfy. You snuck that by me. I honestly wouldn't be able to play with you guys much during the week anyway, and certainly shouldn't -- I am behind enough in my school work as it is.

I am home for the weekend though, so if anyone wants to smash some cars or battle some tanks or whatever, let me know. I'm visiting my family, too, though, so I'm not exactly glued online. I might leave suddenly, and I don't have my headset set up here.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.