Forums

Topic: Castlehominid99's Personal Diary

Posts 241 to 260 of 609

odd69

@adam I don't think sony wanted people to steal from other people's accounts which happends alot, people take advantage of this. I do think it was meant for your own accounts.

Edited on by odd69

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

Adam

Battle Tanks is quite possibly the best game on PSN and one of the best multi-player games I've played in a long time. It's a perfect update of a timeless classic. I just got done playing for what I think was an hour of battling with Silent J. I haven't had this much 4P free-for-all fun since the first time I played Bomberman years ago.

I've been downloading stuff like crazy while home for the weekend, and among the first downloads I made were the Disgaea 3 DLC... but I have no idea how to access them. Anyone else get this? I got Beryl's four chapters and the new Class World and Item World modes (yes, I already have the original modes, but these are supposed to be different? Not sure how, I just impulsively downloaded), but I have no idea how to access any of it! I especially want to play the Beryl chapters.

One of the other DLC options said the game needed to be completed before accessing it, but the DLC I downloaded didn't have this warning, so I assumed it would not be the case (or why say it for one DLC and not another?). Sigh, how frustrating.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AlexSays

So I guess I'm buying Battle Tanks.

AlexSays

odd69

I was skeptical about the battle tanks. I didn't realize it was online.

WolfRamHeart

Hmm, so Battle Tanks is actually good. I wish there was a demo for it but I might just get it anyway.

WolfRamHeart

odd69

Yes a demo would help my decision by 100%

Paper92

PSN is Paper92, I play pretty much everything, recently RE5, Res 2, Burnout, EVERYTHING!! =P

I'm deff hyping White Knight Chronicles, Demon Soul's, and of course MW2!

Add me if you have similar interests!! Love to play with yall!

Paper92

Stuffgamer1

Sony definitely does NOT want people Game Sharing in such a way that the end result could be both of them playing it at once, in effect, stealing. It's designed so that you can "take your game to your friend's house," like you would with a disc or game cart. Y'know, that nice feature Nintendo doesn't have? But the fact that people abuse the system with Sony is precisely WHY Nintendo doesn't have that feature, because they know better than to leave themselves at risk of such rampant theft.

Even though my brother and I routinely share retail games, we don't do Game Sharing on PS3, because it just doesn't seem right. The develops who made these games deserve their hard-earned pay, right? The downloads are usually on the cheap side anyway, so it's not so hard for us to both pay for them anyway. That's my view on the subject, anyway, in case anybody cares.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Adam

WolfRamHeart wrote:

Hmm, so Battle Tanks is actually good. I wish there was a demo for it but I might just get it anyway.

Wii Play is basically the demo.

I just played Smash Cars, and that is pretty good, though I think $5 too expensive. I've yet to play it online though, so if anyone wants to play, today's the day!

Oddly enough I can't find any matches for either game. Playing with a friend by invite worked yesterday for Battle Tanks, but just searching for public rooms on either game yielded nada. Create a game and someone will join, though... I guess everyone is trying to join and no one is thinking of creating games but me.

Come on, friends,

castlehominid99

I think that I will be getting this and fat princess on my current ps3 since I can't play retail games on my ps3. blue ray drive broke aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

castlehominid99

Just sent friend requests to everybody and excepted silent js

WolfRamHeart

@Adam: Well the gameplay video you put up of Battle Tanks looks really fun! I won't be able to get it right now but it is on my must-download list.

WolfRamHeart

Adam

Fortunately it is fun with AI, too (though definitely not as fun as with others online or off), since that's all I'll be able to play it with for awhile. Also, I downloaded the Wet demo, and it rocks. I will definitely be renting that when it comes out next week if I can find it. I've never played a third-person shooter remotely like it. Rather than focusing on cover and tactical play like most seem to do, it is all acrobatic and based on evasion instead. Really feels like a gung-ho action movie starring you -- and I don't mean the cut scenes, of which there was thankfully not much in the demo. That's what trailers are for.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

castlehominid99

Strangelhold is basically that type of third person shotter

Knux

@Adam-If it was not legal, Sony would not have included the feature in the first place. Besides, you can only game-share up to five people. Trust me, Chatham and I are not going to mess with each other's accounts.
@Odd69-I see what you mean, my bad.

Knux

Stuffgamer1

@SuperSonic1990: I don't follow the logic of your first sentence there. There are lots of services that could be used in illegal ways, which is why they all have "terms of use" you agree to in order to use them. Check this from the PSN terms of use:

All content and software provided through PSN are licensed non-exclusively and revocably to you, your children and children for whom you are a legal guardian (collectively for purposes of this section, "You" or "Your"), solely for Your personal, non-commercial use

You see that? To YOU, and not to your online friend. You can gameshare only when you are present in your friend's house, like for Bomberman ULTRA or Tekken 5.

Note that I'm not trying to attack anyone with this information, but simply make sure you're aware of what you're REALLY doing, and whether it really IS legal. Keep doing it if you must, but know that it really isn't allowed by Sony. Also see here for more on Sony's stance.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Adam

I'm surprised they don't use the Warhawk DRM policy on all PSN games. Obviously not all are online and this would be difficult to enforce if someone simply logged off to play Last Guy for instance, but many games have online and are probably used in that way.

Anyway, I was just asking out of personal curiosity, and that settles the question. Now we know. Do what you want, I wasn't looking for an ethics debate or anything.

Come on, friends,

clicketyclick

Wholly aside from the morality or legality of it, the Terms of Use you agreed to when you signed up for PSN say that your user information must be accurate. If you're game-sharing, the user info is not accurate (you don't have the same DOB, etc.).

You probably didn't read the Terms of Use, but you agreed that Sony could ban your account and even sue you if you breach any of the terms. Just a headsup, cuz that would definitely suck.

Now Playing: Bioshock

castlehominid99

I am getting battle tanks and fat princess tomorrow. I will still have 25 dollars to spend are there any good downloadable games besides those

castlehominid99

I am looking into both pixeljunks and pain. Anything else I am missing out on

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.