Forums

Topic: Castlehominid99's Personal Diary

Posts 181 to 200 of 609

suburban_sensei

Here is my PSN ID: Prof_Ho11ow.

Yeah, I had been on the fence about Fat Princess, but it seems like one of the best online games for the PS3. Only game I am REALLY excited about is Uncharted 2, I am sure I will pick up Modern Warfare 2 as well, but I can wait.

Edited on by suburban_sensei

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

AlexSays

__Suburban_Sensei wrote:

Only game I am REALLY excited about is Uncharted 2

Amen to that.

That's my only "must-have" game this year on any system.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Adam

slapshot82 wrote:

Anyone gotten Smash Cars yet?

Still don't have internet access (stealing internet at the moment outside), but once I do, I will be getting this.

b_willers wrote:

Yay, Suda51 is working on a PS3 project!

Please tell me you're referring to Kurayami and that they've finally announced that it's actually in development now. That game sounds awesome.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

WolfRamHeart

Hooray! I FINALLY got Fat Princess! I am downloading it right now! I can't wait to play it!

@Adam: Hey, I hope we can play some Fat Princess once you get your PS3 online again. On another subject, I saw that you got Phantom Brave on the Wii recently. I'm thinking about getting it. How do you like it?

WolfRamHeart

Slapshot

@Alex Says..... dude I really think Batman Arkham Asylum should be added to your list. And its coming out in a couple of days. I think its the sleeper hit of the year. Cant wait for Uncharted myself as well.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

WolfRamHeart wrote:

@Adam: Hey, I hope we can play some Fat Princess once you get your PS3 online again. On another subject, I saw that you got Phantom Brave on the Wii recently. I'm thinking about getting it. How do you like it?

I hope we can, too, but it'll likely be at least a week or so. The past few days have been hell trying to live in the cruddiest apartment I have ever seen. I haven't even gotten a TV yet, so I only got the chance to play Phantom Brave shortly and my only brief gaming for the past few days has been PC freeware and DSi.

Anyway, Phantom Brave is not bad, but nothing amazing. In all fairness I should repeat that I have only played it a bit, but there are a few things I don't like. The free movement idea is neat, I guess, but I miss the comfort of the strategy-rpg mainstay: the grid. Free movement doesn't seem to give any advantages like it does in Valkyria Chronicles, and selecting a target is a bit finicky, so it often takes awhile for me to execute the attack. Perhaps the worst though is the story / art / atmosphere. It's all very... happy. I can't stand it. I know how that sounds, but I don't have time to explain, haha.

The phantom system is pretty interesting but a tad confusing. I feel like if it had been implemented in another game, like a Disgaea game, I would love it. But because of the other aspects of the game I don't like, I couldn't bring myself to play more of it for the two days I had with it before moving.

I may play it some more tomorrow when I get a TV, but I'm thinking of just trading it in / selling it and not bothering. I think even if I do end up liking it I'd still rather be playing Disgaea.

I'm sure there will be some people who love it, so I don't want to say it's flawed. It just does not appeal to me. Also in the game's defense, I've just not been in the mood for games lately -- too much else going on.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

Giggsy

WolfRamHeart wrote:

@SuperSmashBros.Fan1999: I'm glad to hear that you are getting a PS3. I will gladly add your PSN ID to my friends list when you finally get it.

I would also gladly add you Wolfy, what's yours?

Giggsy

BF-Medic

PSN ID: Mokleiv

Just got my PS3, so for now it's mostly SSF2T that takes up my time

BF-Medic

Nintendo Network ID: BF-Medic | Twitter:

aidenlangan

PSN is aidenlangan.
Games: LittleBigPlanet, Cod:WAW, Killzone 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix.
Trying to Platinum LBP. Only 6 more trophies to go!!! Can do with people hearting me and my levels!!!

Edited on by aidenlangan

aidenlangan

SilentJ

odd69 wrote:

@SilentJ
Bioshock was awesome can't wait till 2 comes out.Did you happen to download those Bioshock add- on's on the PS store??

I downloaded the add-ons but I haven't tried them out yet. I'm still pretty early in the game. Bioshock 2 looks awesome! I know the single player will be great but I wonder how the multiplayer is gonna turn out.

PSN ID : MrPink78

UltraShadow

Add me for Battlefield 1943.

PSN: ultra-shadow

Adam

Anyone play Smash Cars yet? My internet connection at my apartment requires authentication to get online, so I don't think I can get my consoles on the network (or at least don't know how). I need to know if a three-hour round trip to home and back is worth it to download this game. ...I suppose I could make it worth it by visiting family, too, but let's keep our priorities straight.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

eripmav

I really should play my PS3. It's overshadowed by my 360 atm and is covered in dust..

eripmav

Slapshot

@Adam.... yeah and its pretty dang fun. Its a little lacking in content for the $15 price tag but its obviously goin to get a LOT of DLC addons wich hopefully some will be free. But its a fun casual racer nonetheless.

GUYS SERIOUSLY GO BUY BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM!!!!!!!!! I can NOT stress it enough on the complete Awesome that is packed into this game. Even if you hate Batman you will still like it. Its very dark and mature like the Dark Knight and the demo really is a let down to how the game plays out and NO the Demo isn't how the game actually starts out. Somewhat but there is a LOT taken out of it. The demo actually disgraces that game in my opinion. Go Buy IT..... and RUN, Walk, Whatever.... just get IT.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Soliloquy

New Heist Map pack and characters just came out for Crash Commando...

Edited on by Soliloquy

Can't Wait for Gran Turismo 5, NSMB Wii, Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank ACIT, and Uncharted 2!

And that's just 2009...

Adam

Slapshot, that's good that the demo is not representative of the game, because the demo was terribly boring. After a few minutes of generic button mashing, I just deleted it and figured everyone praising the game was insane.

Soliloquy, be sure to let us know how those are. Crash Commando certainly needed another mode, I always thought. New characters would be cool if they have different abilities, but I don't know anything about them, so for all I know they may just look different. I wish I could try it for myself, but even if I did bring the PS3 somewhere to download it, the game is boring to play with just AI.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,

aidenlangan

only 5 more trophies to get until first platinum. If you wish to help me then look for the topic named: LittleBigPlanet: Party Person Trophy

aidenlangan

odd69

What about Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao ($14.99)??? did anyone get it, man it looks great.That price tag isn't very attractive though.But if anyone can let me know how you felt about it as a whole, would be greatly appreciated!!

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

WolfRamHeart

Giggsy wrote:

I would also gladly add you Wolfy, what's yours?

Sorry that I'm late responding to this Giggsy; my PSN ID is WOLFRAMHEART. Send me an invite and I'll be glad to accept it.

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.