Forums

Topic: PS2: worth getting now?

Posts 121 to 140 of 151

Ralizah

Rocko52 wrote:

I'd guess it'd be PS4 at this point, I hope it doesn't die somewhere along the way, it looks interesting.

Me too. The trailer is beautiful. I love how it can convey this deep, wordless bond between the kid and whatever animal that thing is. Like How to Train Your Dragon, but better.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Rocko52

It's been forever since they've released a game, 2 on the PS2, and the way it's shaping up none on the PS3 (unless you count the HD remake of Ico and SotC, but I don't)

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

Agreed. CanisWolfred, you'd recommend Shadow of the Colossus I assume?

Of course. It's a beautiful game. Loneliness never felt so absorbing. I especially loved exploring the world. It was beautifully crafted, so I was constantly in awe of everything I saw. I still am.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Rocko52

^There ya have it Ark_Sin, 3 resounding endorsements of Shadow of the Colossus.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Ralizah

Rocko52 wrote:

It's been forever since they've released a game, 2 on the PS2, and the way it's shaping up none on the PS3 (unless you count the HD remake of Ico and SotC, but I don't)

It's too bad Ueda left Sony. Maybe we'd have the game by now if he hadn't.

It's getting ridiculous now. They'd better announce the release date for this at E3 or it might never see the light of day.

I'm thinking maybe they'll reveal it as one of the PS4 launch games.

Which means I'll need to get a PS4 -_-

Jaz007

Rocko52 wrote:

^There ya have it Ark_Sin, 3 resounding endorsements of Shadow of the Colossus.

Make that 4.

Jaz007

Rocko52

Thank you sir! Speaking of Sony First.Second Party Titles, think Uncharted 4 will be announced sometime within the next 1-2 years for PS4?

Jaz007

Rocko52 wrote:

Thank you sir! Speaking of Sony First.Second Party Titles, think Uncharted 4 will be announced sometime within the next 1-2 years for PS4?

Yes, I'm so hype for it. It better come out next year, I will be so mad if it doesn't. I will gladly scoop up whatever Naught Dog puts out for the system though of they do the horrible thing of working on another game though.

Jaz007

Rocko52

Ya, anything they do'll be great, just hope Uncharted doesn't become a "PS3" IP, and become abandoned (not likely at all BTW)

Jaz007

Rocko52 wrote:

Ya, anything they do'll be great, just hope Uncharted doesn't become a "PS3" IP, and become abandoned (not likely at all BTW)

Ahhh, don't even talk like that. That's a terrifying thought.

Jaz007

Rocko52

Then I shan't....ppsst, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, pssst

Ralizah

Rocko52 wrote:

Then I shan't....ppsst, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, pssst

Spyro isn't dead, they just made him look stupid and stuck him in the Skylanders games...

Rocko52

I meant to say he's no longer a Sony Character, he used to be exclusively Sony and in fact was done by Naughty Dog I believe.

Midnight3DS

PS2 is still my go to TV console. You can still get tons of great games for pretty cheap online, new and used.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

GuardianKing

Thanks to your guys' excellent recommendations (along with my own sense of judgement), I went from owning nothing to all these:

Untitled

Impressive, eh?

I might still need this thread and your help in case I have further questions. I'll also consider changing this to "PS2 recommendations thread" (maybe).

EDIT: I don't know why the picture is like that....

Edited on by GuardianKing

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Rocko52

Nice.

CanisWolfred

I thought the PS2 version was okay, I haven't played the PS3 version, though. I'm waiting for it to get below $15 because I'm planning to buy all the DLC for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.