Other Gaming Forum

Topic: PS2: worth getting now?

Showing 121 to 140 of 151

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

121. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

I'd guess it'd be PS4 at this point, I hope it doesn't die somewhere along the way, it looks interesting.

Me too. The trailer is beautiful. I love how it can convey this deep, wordless bond between the kid and whatever animal that thing is. Like How to Train Your Dragon, but better.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

122. Posted:

It's been forever since they've released a game, 2 on the PS2, and the way it's shaping up none on the PS3 (unless you count the HD remake of Ico and SotC, but I don't)

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

123. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Agreed. CanisWolfred, you'd recommend Shadow of the Colossus I assume?

Of course. It's a beautiful game. Loneliness never felt so absorbing. I especially loved exploring the world. It was beautifully crafted, so I was constantly in awe of everything I saw. I still am.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

124. Posted:

^There ya have it Ark_Sin, 3 resounding endorsements of Shadow of the Colossus.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

125. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

It's been forever since they've released a game, 2 on the PS2, and the way it's shaping up none on the PS3 (unless you count the HD remake of Ico and SotC, but I don't)

It's too bad Ueda left Sony. Maybe we'd have the game by now if he hadn't.

It's getting ridiculous now. They'd better announce the release date for this at E3 or it might never see the light of day.

I'm thinking maybe they'll reveal it as one of the PS4 launch games.

Which means I'll need to get a PS4 -_-

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

126. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

^There ya have it Ark_Sin, 3 resounding endorsements of Shadow of the Colossus.

Make that 4.

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

127. Posted:

Thank you sir! Speaking of Sony First.Second Party Titles, think Uncharted 4 will be announced sometime within the next 1-2 years for PS4?

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

128. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Thank you sir! Speaking of Sony First.Second Party Titles, think Uncharted 4 will be announced sometime within the next 1-2 years for PS4?

Yes, I'm so hype for it. It better come out next year, I will be so mad if it doesn't. I will gladly scoop up whatever Naught Dog puts out for the system though of they do the horrible thing of working on another game though.

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

129. Posted:

Ya, anything they do'll be great, just hope Uncharted doesn't become a "PS3" IP, and become abandoned (not likely at all BTW)

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

130. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Ya, anything they do'll be great, just hope Uncharted doesn't become a "PS3" IP, and become abandoned (not likely at all BTW)

Ahhh, don't even talk like that. That's a terrifying thought.

I'm gonna try again.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

131. Posted:

Then I shan't....ppsst, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, pssst

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

132. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Then I shan't....ppsst, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, pssst

Spyro isn't dead, they just made him look stupid and stuck him in the Skylanders games...

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

133. Posted:

I meant to say he's no longer a Sony Character, he used to be exclusively Sony and in fact was done by Naughty Dog I believe.

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

134. Posted:

PS2 is still my go to TV console. You can still get tons of great games for pretty cheap online, new and used.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

135. Posted:

Thanks to your guys' excellent recommendations (along with my own sense of judgement), I went from owning nothing to all these:

Untitled

Impressive, eh? :O

I might still need this thread and your help in case I have further questions. I'll also consider changing this to "PS2 recommendations thread" (maybe).

EDIT: I don't know why the picture is like that....

Edited on by GuardianKing

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

136. Posted:

Nice.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

137. Posted:

Nice indeed. All great games there. Except for Shadow the Hedgehog of course, but what did it cost you? 2 cents?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

138. Posted:

@CanisWolfred >5$. The sad thing is, I've had much more fun with Shadow the Hedgehog than with Sonic Unleashed (cause the Wii/PS2 version(s) sucked and were completely different from 360/PS3)

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

139. Posted:

I thought the PS2 version was okay, I haven't played the PS3 version, though. I'm waiting for it to get below $15 because I'm planning to buy all the DLC for it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

140. Posted:

@CanisWolfred I left me empty and cheated, especially after seeing those beautiful levels and overworlds from the HD versions... :(

Heck, there's a level mod for Generations that ports the Unleashed levels, and they were really good D:

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar