Forums

Topic: Pros and Cons of Xbox 360

Posts 41 to 52 of 52

RandomWiiPlayer

DarkG wrote:

RandomWiiPlayer wrote:

dsijared wrote:

So basically you have to play yearly/monthly to be able to BUY downloadable games
you have to pay to buy

No, I thought the marketplace was free and you had to pay to play online?

RandomWiiPlayer is wrong, you don't have to pay to access the marketplace,

What do you mean I'm wrong? I just said that.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

DarkG

sorry, I meant dsijared's info was wrong... I had just came back from class and didn't see who said what...

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

SwerdMurd

Cons - DVDs, dirth of actual 1080p content (upscaling = pointless, misleading terminology), halo 3 is 540p

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

RandomWiiPlayer

DarkG wrote:

sorry, I meant dsijared's info was wrong... I had just came back from class and didn't see who said what...

No problem.

The Game.

dsijared

i don't got a 360 and i am new to this i am learning though

Flipnote Studios ID - Jared, aka the person that copies everyones flipnotes and actually gets it to the top of the charts!
NOT associated with Jared the subway guy.

DarkG

Swerd_Murd wrote:

Cons - DVDs, dirth of actual 1080p content (upscaling = pointless, misleading terminology), halo 3 is 540p

True, DVD movies are up to 720x480p, BUT, it has instant-on 1080p video streaming both from the Zune Marketplace and Netflix, and from any Windows-based PC on your home network... plus if you get a (now cheap) HD-DVD add-on (and the used and new movies are even cheaper, like $5 each I've seen online) you can have 1080p movies too... dunno why you would buy it for media capabilities instead of games, but whatever...

The Halo 3 engine is quite weird... it COULD be said it's 540p due to the way it draws stuff on screen, but it isn't actual 540p, it IS 1920x1080, just that it's done different than normal interlaced and progressive content... the engine draws only half the screen at a time, hence the 540 number (1080/2)

@dsijared don't worry, it's okay, I was just correcting the info in case you were misinformed

Edited on by DarkG

dsijared

@Dark G thank you
@Swerd Murd i want a xbox for gaming not for movies or songs

Edited on by dsijared

Flipnote Studios ID - Jared, aka the person that copies everyones flipnotes and actually gets it to the top of the charts!

DarkG

dsijared wrote:

@Swerd Murd i want a xbox for gaming not for movies for songs

On that note, you'll also have access to all your content on any Windows-based PC (As long as Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center is installed), all your Music, Pictures, Videos, etc. can be shared with the Xbox 360... most Xbox 360 games support custom soundtracks (by default, all games support it, devs must actually disable it themselves lol, the exact opposite of the other consoles, where it's the game the one that must enable it), so you'll be able, for example, to race with your favorite songs in the background (I can no longer stand "serious" racing games without custom soundtracks lol).

Also, something I discovered the other day... if you have a PC with a TV Tuner Card, plus Windows Media Center (available on Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Ultimate, and all Windows 7 versions (Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate)), you can setup your Xbox 360 as a media center extender and use it just like you would a TiVo box... it can record, rewind, pause and forward live TV, and all saved content goes to your PC HDD and is instantly available on Media Center.

Short version: if you have a Windows-based PC at home, both it and the Xbox 360 will enjoy extra capabilities, and you'll have custom soundtracks on the games you want =D

dsijared

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONS: XBOX 360
PROS: ...I got nothing!

RandomWiiPlayer

Badknux wrote:

Actually contribute to the conversation or begone.

Edited on by RandomWiiPlayer

The Game.

dsijared

Badknux wrote:

That's BS compared to what i heard

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.