i don't have a 360 but hope to get one
i have a
Wii
Dsi
PSP
Super nintendo
Gba
that's it

Flipnote Studios ID - Jared, aka the person that copies everyones flipnotes and actually gets it to the top of the charts!
NOT associated with Jared the subway guy.

dsijared

Is the xbox 360 better than the ps3

Flipnote Studios ID - Jared, aka the person that copies everyones flipnotes and actually gets it to the top of the charts!

DarkG

Hardware wise, it has a better GPU, twice the memory and faster internal transfer, so it could be said that's better...

Games wise, it has a larger catalog of games, most of which are already cheap, has the best online console gaming community and overall the best marketplace...

what kind of games do you like?

De Puerto Rico a Los Angeles, the New York al Dirrty South
Este guerrero latino es representa'o
Muero de pie hantes de vivir arrodillao
Y tu eres fake'ah, mas fake'ah que chinatown

Ravage

I believe the PS3 has a more powerful CPU.
I'm not sure what online is like for PS3, I'm guessing it is generally better than Wii's.
Also, 360 you have to pay for online, which is full of trash talking kiddies.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

DarkG

The CPU architectures are quite different, so that's something hard to classify... on the other hand, GPU architectures are more alike, and is easy to see that the Xbox 360 GPU is much more powerful.

Going by my own experience, PSN is only slightly better than Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for the Wii, but far more laggy than NWFC on DS/DSi, and is the one with the slowest download times.

To play on Xbox LIVE you have to pay for the Gold membership ($40 or cheaper a year, depending on where you buy the subscription), but really, you get what you pay for... none of the other online experiences is as complete and feature-packed as Xbox LIVE, and none is as reliable.

If online console gaming is what you want, there's no better option than Xbox 360 (the MW2 PS3 fiasco proves this point lol)

dsijared

I like RPGs and FPS games

cheetahman91

dsijared wrote:

Get Lost Planet. Do it. Just make sure it's the colonies edition. Avoid Halo. Who cares if everyone has it. Also, beware of the Red Ring of Death. That's all I have to say.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

DarkG

There are plenty of exclusives on the system on both categories, so I would say that it is a must

with exclusive gems like Halo 3, Halo 3 ODST, Fable II, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Perfect Dark Zero among others (those are the ones I currently own or have played), and upcoming sequels to most of them, you have a lot of stuff to play, and I'm not even including multiplattform titles li ke Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Battlefield, Final Fantasy XIII ,etc. (most of which has the best version available on Xbox 360), or upcoming megahits like Halo Reach, Fable III (which is said to feature Natal support), Mass Effect 2, etc.

Plus, stuff like Forza 3, Banjo-Kazooie games, Perfect Dark games, Project Gotham Racing games, Halo Wars, Gears of War games, Viva PIñata games, Dead or Alive 4, Crackdown games (the best and most fun sandbox-like game out there), etc.

EDIT: Brand new, factory sealed Xbox 360 consoles come with a 3 year warranty against RROD and E74, and a standard 1 year warranty against any other problems, so don't worry about hardware failures... current consoles are probably the most reliable, non-Nintendo consoles lol

PS: You can grab a couple of Xbox 360-exclusive game packs to build a decent collection for cheap... grab the Capcom Tirple Pack (Dead Rising, Lost Planet Colonies Edition and Devil May Cry 4) for $40, and the Bioshock + The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion for another $40, and there you have, 5 full, awesome games for $80

Edited on by DarkG

RandomWiiPlayer

cheetahman91 wrote:

dsijared wrote:

Get Lost Planet. Do it. Just make sure it's the colonies edition. Avoid Halo. Who cares if everyone has it. Also, beware of the Red Ring of Death. That's all I have to say.

Why avoid Halo? It is a great game, just overrated. I say get it if you are into FPS. That and any Call of Duty game, Battlefield game, and F.E.A.R. games. Those are the best shooters out there right now. For RPG I suggest Mass Effect and the upcoming Mass Effect 2.

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AlexSays

Well I'd say the major con is that it only works some of the time. lol

DarkG wrote:

Going by my own experience, PSN is only slightly better than Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection for the Wii, but far more laggy than NWFC on DS/DSi, and is the one with the slowest download times.

I have no idea what conditions have been responsible for your own experience

For me and just about everyone else, PSN runs circles around the Wii and DS when it comes to online.

AlexSays

ShadowFlame76

Pros: looks nice lol, has some very nice games exclusive and multi platform, easy to navigate menu system, has a large library of games, is backwards compatible with most xbox games (there is a list you can check game compatibilty with), online service works extraordinary well, frequent "ban waves" to eliminate pirates/cheaters.

Cons: have to use Microsofts official hard drives which they charge double than they are worth.. hardware issues with quite a few 360s from all chipsets, yes including jasper (gamefaqs), though with the Falcon and Jasper the reliability is greatly increased, live can be expensive to pay for if you don't use it much, it's a little pricey.

I have a Wii and 360

ShadowFlame76

DarkG

ShadowFlame76 wrote:

Cons: have to use Microsofts official hard drives which they charge double than they are worth.. hardware issues with quite a few 360s from all chipsets, yes including jasper (gamefaqs), though with the Falcon and Jasper the reliability is greatly increased, live can be expensive to pay for if you don't use it much, it's a little pricey.

This, I forgot to suggest, if possible, get the Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition Console, or the Forza 3 Limited Edition one... for what they include, they are quite cheap (only $100 extra than a normal Xbox 360 Elite for a just-launched game, twice the HDD space, extra controller and play & charge kit)

Also, about Xbox LIVE, only get Gold if you are going to play online... if all you want is downloading demos and stuff like that, you can get the free Xbox LIVE Silver membership... also remember, if you create your gamertag from your console, you'll get a 1-month free Xbox LIVE Gold subscription.

@AlexSays: I think that PSN (Sony's servers) are the ones to blame... maybe because of the lack of official support for my country, but there's no Xbox LIVE support either, and LIVE works the best out of all of them... followed by NWFC on DS/DSi...

Edited on by DarkG

JTC-Pingas

Some of the games you mention are not 360 exclusive. Mass Effect is also available on the PC, and Bioshock is also available on the PC and PS3.

JTC-Pingas

DarkG

Mass Effect is exclusive to Microsoft Plattforms (Xbox 360 and Windows), even more, Mass Effect 2 is exclusive to Xbox 360 and Games for Windows LIVE...

Bioshock was initially an Xbox 360 exclusive, and with the double-pack with Oblivion (pack only available for Xbox 360 and PC as far as I know), is hard to get it any cheaper (unless you get it on a Steam or D2D sale lol)

dsijared

Theirs no Wi-Fi what!!!!!!!!! And what's the red ring of death do ,can i still play on my xbox with it?

dsijared

What good games are on xbox that aren't M rated want my kids to have some game to play

Pros:
*Great XBLA library (Castlevania SOTN, Doom, KOF 98, etc.)
*Resident Evil 5
*Street Fighter 4

Cons
*Pay for online - Many told me that it was superb but I realized that it wasn't that different from the online one on Wii...so 20 bucks for something that should be free? I don't think so
*Most of the retail games are very boring (GTA, infamous, Borderlands, Gears or war...ok that one not much)
*There's a possibilty that SF4 and RE5 will appear on Wii

Honestly, I do love the XBLA retro offers. I may buy one just for that.

DarkG

Believe, unless it's 802.11n (which doesn't come with any console, onyl as an official adapter for the Xbox 360 and as an unofficial too), you don't want to play with Wi-Fi... Ethernet cable is a thousand times more reliable and cheaper

The Red Ring of Death is the name given to the General Hardware Failure of the Xbox 360 (analog to the Yellow Light of Dead on the PS3), on the Xbox 360, you have a 3 year warranty against that, on the PS3, 1 year... current hardware for both consoles is equally reliable, jsut that the Xbox 360 warranty is longer.

For good games that are not M rated ,there aren't that many on non-Nintendo consoles... buit PGR4, Forza 3, Kameo: Elements of Power, Viva Piñata series, Banjo-Kazooie series, and most XBLA games come to mind... good thing is, most if not all of them have demos on Xbox LIVE, so you'll get to see if your kids like them before buying them.

AlexSays

Oh Oh Oh!

Now I see DarkG, we do have very different circumstances.

I wouldn't have the slightest clue of how PSN works over there. I need to stop assuming everyone lives in America. lol

AlexSays

M00se

buffalobob wrote:

Pros:
*Great XBLA library (Castlevania SOTN, Doom, KOF 98, etc.)
*Resident Evil 5
*Street Fighter 4
Cons
*Pay for online - Many told me that it was superb but I realized that it wasn't that different from the online one on Wii...so 20 bucks for something that should be free? I don't think so
*Most of the retail games are very boring (GTA, infamous, Borderlands, Gears or war...ok that one not much)
*There's a possibilty that SF4 and RE5 will appear on Wii

Honestly, I do love the XBLA retro offers. I may buy one just for that.

infamous is ps3 only! i think you mean prototype

Edited on by M00se

PSN ID: brucethemoose904
3DS FC: 3566-2025-1426
My Music: http://djm00se.bandcamp.com/
Previously known as: BB_Thrilla

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.